What is going on? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is going on?

Im still waiting for an answer............................

listen closer

Originally posted by phinfan34
Im still waiting for an answer............................

If your post is directed at me, I already posted what he's done. Are you unaware that Miami is in the top of the league in Wins per season even since Wanny took over? Whine all you want about his shortcomings. Bottom line is he has done a better job than 90% of the leagues head coaches at winning, building our talent base, and not embarrassing us with off the field BS. Is he perfect as a coach...heck no. If we get an opportunity to upgrade we should, same as any other part of the team.
I'm not convinved the players on this team are doing any better of a job that he is as a coach. In fact, there are times that I think they are not doing anywhere close to as good off a job as the coaches when I see some very basic football issues taking place such as dumb penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, missed assignments, etc that I'm seeing now from our players.
I'm all for upgrading the coach if we can do it. In fact, I'm also for upgrading the owner, the QB, the RB, the OL, the Defense, and even the fans. But anyone with any serious background in football knows that the Dolphins problems don't start and end with Wanny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Wanny explained that, he said that Ricky took a play fake nad then goes to help Wade, Wade was to sell the run first then get back. Wade was supposed to get outside and ricky was to have the help on the inside, Wade was to slow getting back after the fake.

It is absurd that anyone on these boards think they could coach better than Wanny. I dont think it is unreasonable to suggest someone in College or already in the NFL could. I am not against Wanny coming back but he needs to finish strong.

I think this next game will tell alot where this team is at. If we beat Tenn, then i will suggest that Wanny has actually improved this team even if our record doesnt show it. If we can win Sunday it will show a mental toughness that we havent seen in teh past few years. Remember, we started out strong in past years only to get complacent, now we have the adversity at a time we can still do something about it.

Re: listen closer

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

If your post is directed at me, I already posted what he's done. Are you unaware that Miami is in the top of the league in Wins per season even since Wanny took over? Whine all you want about his shortcomings. Bottom line is he has done a better job than 90% of the leagues head coaches at winning, building our talent base, and not embarrassing us with off the field BS. Is he perfect as a coach...heck no. If we get an opportunity to upgrade we should, same as any other part of the team.
I'm not convinved the players on this team are doing any better of a job that he is as a coach. In fact, there are times that I think they are not doing anywhere close to as good off a job as the coaches when I see some very basic football issues taking place such as dumb penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, missed assignments, etc that I'm seeing now from our players.
I'm all for upgrading the coach if we can do it. In fact, I'm also for upgrading the owner, the QB, the RB, the OL, the Defense, and even the fans. But anyone with any serious background in football knows that the Dolphins problems don't start and end with Wanny.

He has done nothing different than every other coach Miami has had the last 10 years. Miami always wins 8 or more games and makes the playoffs. Well, last year we didn't actually which was rare for the last 10 years.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
It is absurd that anyone on these boards think they could coach better than Wanny. I dont think it is unreasonable to suggest someone in College or already in the NFL could. I am not against Wanny coming back but he needs to finish strong.

I think you are right about Wanny's job being looked at right now, and the finish of the team will likely be the determining factor. You can't fire all the players regardless of if they are part of the problem or not. Sometimes a coaching change, just like a QB change, can spark a team.

Re: Re: listen closer

He has done nothing different than every other coach Miami has had the last 10 years. Miami always wins 8 or more games and makes the playoffs. Well, last year we didn't actually which was rare for the last 10 years.

That's not so bad considering both the coaches before him in that 10 year span are or could be in the Hall of Fame.....and we are the winningest team in the NFL. He hasnt improved us, thats for sure, but he also hasn't screwed us up the way some of you would like to think he has.

Originally posted by K-Rob
That's not entirely true. I was re-watching the game yesterday and Freeney was WAY past Wade on that play before Ricky ever made contact. Ricky or not....Freeney blew past Wade like he wasn't even there. Wade barely even made contact. I even watched to see how Ricky could help and there was no way Ricky could have helped either because Freeney was in the backfield in the bink of an eye and Wade was in between Freeney and Ricky.

It's incumbent upon Ricky to get the "chip" on the outside shoulder even if he had to do it towards the other endzone.

Not excusing the play of Wade here but Ricky missed his assignment. As a matter of fact his "chip" on the back of Wade actually ended the game.

You ever been hit in the back on the field?

Re: Re: Re: listen closer

That's not so bad considering both the coaches before him in that 10 year span are or could be in the Hall of Fame.....and we are the winningest team in the NFL. He hasnt improved us, thats for sure, but he also hasn't screwqed us up the way some of you would like to think he has.

No, but we are looking for improvement. Not the same ol same ol.

That was exactly my point. Ricky missed his assignment on the most crucial play of the game. Chip the DE... not his own fricking man. Poor miss for Ricky, you have to help out when you dont have the ball too...Last I counted , it was 11 on a side.

Re: Re: Re: Re: listen closer

No, but we are looking for improvement. Not the same ol same ol.

I agree, but it's one of those deals where there may not be another person interested that offers more .....It would be great to have Gruden, the Fish, etc....but they aren't interested.

The only posible replacement I've heard about that has me at all interested is Stoops, and thats just rumor mill. Who knows if he'd even be an upgrade.

I am definitely not on the Stoops bandwagon. I'm nbot a big fan of coaches jumping right from the colleges to the pros.

One other thing about the Ricky/Wade deal - Not to excuse either of them because obviously both got beat on the play. But they were both to sell the play fake, Freeney didn't bite a bit. So it put them out of position to make the play. I think that D coordinators are allowing their DE's to ignore the run on us right now and just push to a spot where the QB is setting up. They not only feel their DB's can take away our WR's they also feel that they can handle the run with their LB's cause no interior lineman is getting to the second level.

I have a feeling we are going to win at Tenn. Just a hunch though.

Re: Re: Re: listen closer

That's not so bad considering both the coaches before him in that 10 year span are or could be in the Hall of Fame.....and we are the winningest team in the NFL. He hasnt improved us, thats for sure, but he also hasn't screwed us up the way some of you would like to think he has.

Agreed. In fact I think he has done a better coaching job than Jimmy did. Didn't Jimmy say he'd have the team in the Super Bowl in three years? Ha! Wanny did something in one year that Jimmy couldn't do in 4 years.....win the division. In fact, Wanny is two close New England losses away from three straight division titles. There was only one time in Jimmy's tenure where they were in position to win the division at the end of the season, and that was in 1997 when they lost to the Patriots in the final game of the season. Stupid Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom