What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo?

Containing his scrambling and pressuring him. Allen has improved his decision making a lot but still makes poor decisions when pressured.

Tannheill really needs everything to go right to be effective. You look at the AFCCG and last years loss to baltimore. Both times Henry was limited due to fatigue or the score.

Both times tannehill just didn't step up and put the team on his back. I kept waiting for that to happen here and it didn't and good for him in Tennessee, but I don't lose sleep over it.

He has a real gritty and confident demeanor and it helps him a lot. Issue is the pocket awareness and ability to become the guy have always been his biggest weaknesses
Definitely like Tua's upside more.

Would have been nice if Miami put more talent around Tannehill, but like you I've moved on.

Dolphins fans I apologize for us buffalonian folk. We can be a bit egotistical and for lack of a better term, drunks when discussing the buffalo bills. Its mostly projection because the Bill's are really all we got. We take it personally. Most of the recent arrogance and ridiculous takes is simply buffalo fans releasing 20 plus years of frustration and complete irrelevance.

As bad as we can be, at least we arent Patriots fans. I truly hate Boston and the Patriots.

Yes Josh Allen is good and talented. No hes not the greatest qb to ever walk gods earth

Yes buffalo is on the upswing, no we have not truly " arrived ".

Yes buffalo is likely to win the division, no Miami doesn't suck and yes tua will be a problem for buffalo

Carry on
You guys should be excited. The Bills were one game away from the super bowl. Buffalo is a legitimate super bowl contender and clearly the class of the AFC East.

The four appearances in a row was one of the most underappreciated achievements in super bowl history. Really liked that team and Marv Levy. For whatever reason, I could never hate that version of the Bills, even though Miami didn't match up.

As long as conversations are respectful, I love having fans from other teams on the site.

We used to get a lot of Patriots fans here and had some great discussions.

This is my last post until we play , I’m not here to trash talk I actually like what you guys are building down there besides tua but I feel like we have a better defense a better offense plus a top 5 Qb not to mention Josh always has his best games against you guys even including his horrible rookie year.
Didn't you make 10 more posts after saying this? Not only are you a front runner, you're a liar too.

Containing his scrambling and pressuring him. Allen has improved his decision making a lot but still makes poor decisions when pressured.
Allen legs make him dangerous qb in nfl. It make up for few mistakes he make throwing ball..He is best qb in AFC east...

I am more worried about Ind, cle,den,oak,pit,bal, getting into playoff. Than Bill's.
Oak, den coach will.be under pressure to win..
AFC central will be another tough division
And finally ind..

I'm not that sold on Buffalo. They have been very fortunate with health over the last couple of seasons. If either Diggs or Allen go down they're a 500 team imo. Tua will be the Tua we expected last year and our offense won't be so simple for Buffalo to stop. So, I guess the formula is to spring our very talented defense on them like a ton of bricks. Jaelan Phillips, U of Miami sack monster is coming for Allen and Ogbah is coming from the other side and they're going to get there and pound him good to make up for the hits we haven't been giving him the last couple of games. But, we owe this guy and we have the added players on defense to make the difference. Safety, DB, LBer and DTs, it's all been upgraded. Look for Van Ginkle to be an absolute terror this year along with Benardrick Mckinney who has been to the Pro Bowl and was a key off season acquisition to shore up the LBer position, at 6'4" 260 I'm eager to see him in a Dolphin uniform.
Buffalo is physical so we need to be ready to run the ball and stop the run, especially Allen scrambling. We have to take away Diggs and make other guys do some heavy lifting. If we can do that plus show up on offense I love our chances. I'm really hoping for better luck on the injury front this season.

I see a lot of Jaelen Phillips in this thread, and that's awesome, but no one benefits more from the Phillips pick than Emmanuel Ogbah. He was already a beast last year and will see way fewer double teams. Our pass rush could be fun this year.

At the beginning of last year, when the Dolphins weren’t playing well, we were within 3 points despite giving up 400 yards in the air. We did move the ball decently.....if you can move the ball, you always have a chance.

I'm not that sold on Buffalo. They have been very fortunate with health over the last couple of seasons. If either Diggs or Allen go down they're a 500 team imo. Tua will be the Tua we expected last year and our offense won't be so simple for Buffalo to stop. So, I guess the formula is to spring our very talented defense on them like a ton of bricks. Jaelan Phillips, U of Miami sack monster is coming for Allen and Ogbah is coming from the other side and they're going to get there and pound him good to make up for the hits we haven't been giving him the last couple of games. But, we owe this guy and we have the added players on defense to make the difference. Safety, DB, LBer and DTs, it's all been upgraded. Look for Van Ginkle to be an absolute terror this year along with Benardrick Mckinney who has been to the Pro Bowl and was a key off season acquisition to shore up the LBer position, at 6'4" 260 I'm eager to see him in a Dolphin uniform.
Buffalo is physical so we need to be ready to run the ball and stop the run, especially Allen scrambling. We have to take away Diggs and make other guys do some heavy lifting. If we can do that plus show up on offense I love our chances. I'm really hoping for better luck on the injury front this season.
Bills looks good last yr..I think they are second best team in AFC

Back
Top Bottom