What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo?

I think it’s about getting to and containing Allen to the pocket at the same time. If he breaks containment he will just run. But when he has all day like I think he had last season he will carve you up

Just as we have seen with beating Brady over the years (and PH/Chiefs last year) pressure and lot's of it. Josh A will kill you downfield if he has time different than Brady has done but nonetheless pressure in/out is key

Watching both games from last year and honestly im suprised Miami didnt double dip on pass rushers in the 1st. Wr class was extremely deep

Tua is the key. And he’s been doing all the right things.

Screw you Josh. Score 38 if you want, we will score more
Yep - I know the defense got torched the last game, but we need to score more AND keep Josh off the field.

Special emphasis on keeping him off he field - we need Waddle, Gaskins, Wilson, someone to move the chains on 3rd and 4, 3rd and 5, 3rd and 6.

I think its on the offense has to stay on the field and finish long drives with 7 points. Give Allen less chances to beat you.

Play them tight and make them earn their points, win the special teams battle (blocked punts, returns for scores, no penalties), and take the gloves off on offense. We have options on 4th down now. I would also like to see us go for those more unless we are backed up, of course.

apply pressure with 4 while using a safety as a spy. Can’t use a LB it needs to be someone quick enough to get to him when he scrambles. Play man coverage but tough man coverage, not giving the WR space and jamming them at the line. If it takes 3 seconds to get to him and you burn a second or more off the WR route by jamming them and playing physical then they have minimal time to get open and get on their route. Not saying he’s anywhere near Payton but that’s how we beat Manning all the time. Surtain and Madison were up in the WR faces and we applied pressure with our down 4 lineman

I hate to say it but Buffalo 🦬 is the front runner and will be until the 3 other teams find a QB capable as playing as good or better than him. Right now jury is way out on Tua, Mac Jones and Zac Wilson. Buffalo will win the division this year - their roster is terrific and they have the best QB right now. Unless Allen gets injured it’s their division to lose.

Back
Top Bottom