What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the key to beating Josh Allen and getting past buffalo?

How many interceptions did he "almost" throw last season? Play the ball. Count on him being slightly off and have our guys go after it. You take advantage of mismatches, and accuracy from the quarterback you have to take advantage. Make him pay and get him back on the sideline.

Don’t be intimidated by him. He’s a good QB, and the Bills have other talent, but don’t treat him like he’s Mahomes or Rodgers because he isn’t.

Send McKinney up the middle on a blitz a few times to let him know what is waiting on the other side of the line for him if he chooses to run this year!

Pressure the QB. Contain him in the pocket while rushing.

Took the words out of my thoughts. I'm glad this was the 1st reply. z Nothing more need be said.

Pressure the QB with 4. Hit him constantly sack or not. If you want the schematic look no further than the Giants team that made the goat look mortal.

Miami hasn't found a way to get Allen off his game yet. Its going to take a combo of good coverage in the secondary and much better pressure from Miami's front seven. Once Miami is able to consistently throw Allen off his game, they should be able to turn the tide.

Pressure. Score early, play keep away to limit his opportunities, and create internal pressure. Press his pocket, shut down the run, take away Diggs. Force him to press to make plays and take advantage by grabbing an errant throw or two. Bust his @$$ a couple times too.

Watching both games from last year and honestly im suprised Miami didnt double dip on pass rushers in the 1st. Wr class was extremely deep
Who else though? No pass rusher was worth taking at 6. We got the best pass rusher in the draft and who was also the best fit for our defense. We would’ve had to take the 2nd pass rusher at 36. Who was worth taking there?

The key to beating many teams now. We aren't going to get it done scoring 1 or 2 TDs anymore.

The running game is vital to manage the clock and time of possession. Our biggest weakness on the entire team seems to be linebackers and running backs.

Agree. Those Pburg/Bmore games of a 7 to 8 yrs ago were tedium. It was like 1st team to 17 would win.

In the AFC Championship game, Allen was off. You could see his accuracy kind of reverting back to his earlier days- high throws, off throws.
I would go back and watch that game and see what KC did. I am not an X and O's guy, so I'd have to probably have some help.
But that game is the model to follow- and KC isn't even that stellar of a defensive team. But I would copy it.

Discuss....

3 things.
1) Miami needs a run game. Keep the D fresh and BUF off the field.
2) Pressure. Not sacks, necessarily, but close enough he feels it. Yeah, 3-4 sacks/hits, but his eyes have a tendency to get off his reads when he gets nervous.
3) Actually 2.1. Pass rush. Last year he, too frequently, just dropped back and ate a sandwich.

Score more points to than them. If we that we will win every time.

Who else though? No pass rusher was worth taking at 6. We got the best pass rusher in the draft and who was also the best fit for our defense. We would’ve had to take the 2nd pass rusher at 36. Who was worth taking there?
If I was Miami I was staying at 12 and taking Phillips. At 24 I was then taking Rousseau or Tryon. In rd 2 I would've got a wr and tried to get barmore. Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush

Back
Top Bottom