What is the lowest you are willing to trade down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the lowest you are willing to trade down?

What is the lowest you are willing to trade down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming that you are getting fair value for whatever pick you are moving down to, How low are you wiling to drop? I know some don't want to miss out on the "blue chip" NON-QB prospects. To me there are 6 of them, not in order, Pitts-Chase-Smith-Parsons-Sewell-Waddle. Thinking is 3 QBs go top 3, then it gets tricky. I think ATL doesn't want a QB, or else they wouldn't be shopping the pick. So that means the lowest you could go is 9 maybe 10 if another QB sneaks in there. After the top 10 its pretty much a team by team, board by board situation.

I would take any of those guy, but I don't want to miss out especially after moving back up, so I'm staying top 9.

I prefer stay at 6. We didn’t move up from 12 back to 6 unless we had our eyes on 1 or 2 guys specifically. IMO it’s Chase or Pitts. I don’t think trading back would make sense, should have just stayed at 12 if that was the case.

I would be on board to drop as far as 10 for a 2nd and third ... preferably a 2nd this yr. and 3rd in 22.... I'm not sure a pass catcher in the top 10 moves the needle for us enough THIS season .... I may be targeting the best defensive player here (if there's a 3 down play maker there) ... Offense usually takes more time to groom than defense so if it's not a QB or OT then I'm leaning toward making a pretty good defense even better with a plug and play edge, LB, S or CB ....
a play making LBer or CB gives me leverage with X and Baker to entertain trades .... or not

@ 18, 36,42 (what I got in trade) and 50 I think we can find WR, RB and OL help/starters

No doubt I wouldn't want to move out of at least the Top 10...Unless I get a kings ransom..even then..idk. How often will we pick Top 6 again? I mean...unless it's someone else's picks..in the 1st round..I hope not very often, of course!

I voted 9 but I wouldnt trade down at all until we were on the clock and even then it would depend on how the board fell.
Agreed..don't 'jump the gun' again and wait until draft night to see if any "desperate teams" give you a boat load of picks to get that QB they want or w/e...then think about it hard!

Assuming that you are getting fair value for whatever pick you are moving down to, How low are you wiling to drop? I know some don't want to miss out on the "blue chip" NON-QB prospects. To me there are 6 of them, not in order, Pitts-Chase-Smith-Parsons-Sewell-Waddle. Thinking is 3 QBs go top 3, then it gets tricky. I think ATL doesn't want a QB, or else they wouldn't be shopping the pick. So that means the lowest you could go is 9 maybe 10 if another QB sneaks in there. After the top 10 its pretty much a team by team, board by board situation.

I would take any of those guy, but I don't want to miss out especially after moving back up, so I'm staying top 9.
Atlanta is shopping the pick because they have tons of needs, but may still take a QB considering Ryan is 36 and has an ugly cap number. If they’re stupid enough to not value the most important position on the field and take a TE, and Cinn def won’t take a QB, then I see us definitely moving down a few spots.

I prefer stay at 6. We didn’t move up from 12 back to 6 unless we had our eyes on 1 or 2 guys specifically. IMO it’s Chase or Pitts. I don’t think trading back would make sense, should have just stayed at 12 if that was the case.
yup, i personally would've stayed at 12.. can't imagine they trade back and get less than what they gave up to get back to 6

is a trick question because we'd need to see first how the draft is going and we'd have to be on the clock before we make any trade. Now lets say SF takes Jones and Atlanta goes QB at well so QB's went 1,2,3,4 and the bengals go Sewell. That's the best case for us cause now you still have the top 4 weapons on the board so, if you love one of those 4 way more than the other 3 then stay there and take him. If the team is happy with any of the 4 then 9 would still be the lowest I'd go and that'd cost Denver their 1st round pick in 2022 plus at least a 3rd and a 4th this year.

is a trick question because we'd need to see first how the draft is going and we'd have to be on the clock before we make any trade. Now lets say SF takes Jones and Atlanta goes QB at well so QB's went 1,2,3,4 and the bengals go Sewell. That's the best case for us cause now you still have the top 4 weapons on the board so, if you love one of those 4 way more than the other 3 then stay there and take him. If the team is happy with any of the 4 then 9 would still be the lowest I'd go and that'd cost Denver their 1st round pick in 2022 plus at least a 3rd and a 4th this year.
I don’t think we moved our 1st next year to land another team’s first next year as the prized pick in a trade. Something like Denver’s 2nd and 5th rounds this year and 2nd or 3rd in 2022 sounds interesting. I could obviously be wrong, but it seems like a weird move to make the Eagles trade and then trade back...I guess we’d technically be picking at 9 and not 12 so it would be a net gain.

What is the point of having low draft spots if all your ever interested in is trading them away and moving further lower in the draft?
Your going to actually Use those picks at some point right? Miami needs players NOW.... Not next season or 2025

What is the point of having low draft spots if all your ever interested in is trading them away and moving further lower in the draft?
Your going to actually Use those picks at some point right? Miami needs players NOW.... Not next season or 2025
I tend to agree...UNLESS it's draft night and we trade down a few picks and can still get our "guy" or one of our "Guys"..and pick up extra draft capital..then it may make sense...let's see how the board looks on draft day and go from there! :shrug:

Another way to look at it. If your scenario plays out and Pitts, Smith and Chase are still on the board, I could still see is moving down a couple spots guaranteeing we still get one of them. Either way I think we’re in a great position to 1-get a player we want and 2-get that player at a lower cap number. Grier is flat killing it.

Another way to look at it. If your scenario plays out and Pitts, Smith and Chase are still on the board, I could still see is moving down a couple spots guaranteeing we still get one of them. Either way I think we’re in a great position to 1-get a player we want and 2-get that player at a lower cap number. Grier is flat killing it.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet I said best case but lets go now worst case. Lets say SF doesn't take Jones but rather takes Lance or Fields.......so QB's 1,2,3 and now Atlanta takes Pitts and the Bengals take Chase which leaves Smith and Waddle........first, Denver might not even need to trade up for a QB cause they know we're not taking one, the lions are not taking one either and Carolina after trading 3 picks for Darnold might or might not want a QB there. Now do we even want to trade out of the top 10? I'm not helping out NE so unless Denver trades with us think we're staying at 6 and if we go down to 9 we could end up with none of the top 4(Pitts/Chase,Smith/Waddle) so lets not say Grier/the team is "killing it" just yet.

Back
Top Bottom