What is this Hatred of Tom Brady I keep seeing | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is this Hatred of Tom Brady I keep seeing

Perfectly said. The guy simply isn't as talented as Marino, Favre, Elway and Manning. He is in a system that showcases his talents and hides his weaknesses tremendously, take him out of New England and have him perform like this, then we'll start to talk one of the greatest of all-time and HOF.

You are letting your hatred of everything Patriots blind you. If you just said "He's a good QB but I hate the Pats" I can respect that. That is why I like this board. Most of the Dolphins fans know what they are talking about. You do not. What does he have left to prove? If you want to win a close game he can do that, if you want to win with a shootout he can do that to. He adapts to the situation.

Minvardar said:
You are letting your hatred of everything Patriots blind you. If you just said "He's a good QB but I hate the Pats" I can respect that. That is why I like this board. Most of the Dolphins fans know what they are talking about. You do not. What does he have left to prove? If you want to win a close game he can do that, if you want to win with a shootout he can do that to. He adapts to the situation.

What does he have to prove? How about winning without Belichick and Weiss.. how about that? The guy has an offensive line that most days doesn't allow a defender within 5 yards of him. Since Patriot fans love to pick on AJ and Jay (used to) let's see Tommy "Wonder" Boy in the Dolphins offense with no offensive line. The guy isn't that great behind an average offensive line that's putting pressure on him (See MNF this year). He's a good player in a GREAT system, as most Patriots are. I think it's ridiculous to start talking HOF now, but then again you are ridiculous, so it works out. :lol:

P.S. No one cares about your opinion, so why don't you just leave? All you do is cause trouble here anyway.

What does he have to prove? How about winning without Belichick and Weiss.. how about that? The guy has an offensive line that most days doesn't allow a defender within 5 yards of him. Since Patriot fans love to pick on AJ and Jay (used to) let's see Tommy "Wonder" Boy in the Dolphins offense with no offensive line. The guy isn't that great behind an average offensive line that's putting pressure on him (See MNF this year). He's a good player in a GREAT system, as most Patriots are. I think it's ridiculous to start talking HOF now, but then again you are ridiculous, so it works out.

P.S. No one cares about your opinion, so why don't you just leave? All you do is cause trouble here anyway.

No quarterback can win with a terrible offensive line. I think we can all agree to that. Other teams currently have good offensive lines yet they have not won 3 out of 4 superbowls. So your point is at best irrelavent. I am just pointing out what is obvious to everyone else. Your hatred of the Patriots clouds your judgement. All you seem to know how to do is insult people. Which is ok if it helps you to sleep better at night.

Like I said before if you could just say you hated the Patriots without spouting untrue facts then I can respect that. I haven't responded to anyone who has posted something like that. Besides, since you are replying to me you obviously do care about my opinion.

Tom Brady reminds me a lot of Terry Bradshaw when he was with the Steelers dynasty. He wasn't the greatest QB ever but man did he have a supporting cast. The Steelers had an ok offense and Bradshaw would get it to Swann and Stallworth, and Franco would get the tough yards. Corey Dillon is the Pat's Franco Harris, and other than that you have a basic average running game.
I think if you put Brady on another team he is just an average QB. How many times have you seen the Pats really dominant any team or blow anone out the last couple years??? They win most their games by 3-7 points and do just enough to win. I am not buying the hype. :yell:

Roman529 said:
Tom Brady reminds me a lot of Terry Bradshaw when he was with the Steelers dynasty. He wasn't the greatest QB ever but man did he have a supporting cast. The Steelers had an ok offense and Bradshaw would get it to Swann and Stallworth, and Franco would get the tough yards. Corey Dillon is the Pat's Franco Harris, and other than that you have a basic average running game.
I think if you put Brady on another team he is just an average QB. How many times have you seen the Pats really dominant any team or blow anone out the last couple years??? They win most their games by 3-7 points and do just enough to win. I am not buying the hype. :yell:

Supporting cast ??? Brady won 2 SBs with Antoine Smith and a bunch of average receivers. Everyone seems to think the Patriots have an awesome offensive line. Can you even name one Pro Bowl player on that line ? Your hatred is clouding your judgement. Who cares how many points the Patriots won by. The bottom line is that they won. Every QB adapts to the team's system. Put Brady in Baltimore and they would have won 3 out of 4 SBs easily. Put him on the Jets or the Bills and they would easily be the class of the division and be an annual championship contender. Heck, put him on the Dolphins and you guys might have won a couple of Vinces in the past 5 years.

Look it's this simple. Hate him all you want to as an opposing fan, that is both fair and to be expected. But you can't hate the man. He holds himself with class and plays a solid game. He is not the greatest ever, but he has earned himself a place in history. That would make some players head's a little bigger than Brady displays.

I know that all the articles and sports shows talk him up and all that, but you can't blame Brady for that. In the media, they cover what is winning and he happens to have been that guy.

I like to compare, as a Red Sox fan, the Jeter situation. I hate him with all that is in me, but I respect both the man and the way he plays completely. My hatred remains in both respect and jealousy.

And to address the Pats fans are not allowed to be Pats fans since they only became decent in the last deacde or so, I have been a lifetime Pats fan and who cares if they haven't. Sports teams winning gives both pride and joy to a community. Everyone rallies together and it becomes fun. You know the feeling and I hope you get to experience it again too as crazy as that sounds. I put that whole label on the accuser. I for one will enjoy the good times while they last (and they may be gone!) and treasure the memories of 3 in 4 years with a great group of friends. If you are implying that Boston fans are not loyal fans, I disagree, but that is for a different day. ;)

Anyway, good discussions here. You guys have a great forum.

DW

I hate him because I think hes the product of a system. 110% product. If not for Bellichek and Weiss he would be back at home in San Fran.

He just doesn't impress me. Only thing I give him credit for is the fact that he will take a hit.

NJL52 said:
I hate him because I think hes the product of a system. 110% product. If not for Bellichek and Weiss he would be back at home in San Fran.

He just doesn't impress me. Only thing I give him credit for is the fact that he will take a hit.

You hate him because he is a product of a system? That makes zero sense. Seriously. You think he is average, but a system allowed him to be successful, so when a player excels you hate him?

I've seen some reason here that make sense, but I've never even heard of someone hating someone for doing good in a system. :lol:

Well, I guess to each their own.

Roman529 said:
Me Too!!! I just get tired of people saying he is right up there with Montana and Marino when he has only played five years. He is a product of the Pat's system right now.

I agree. He is a part of a team. He doesn't make too many mistakes behind that line. He has more time to throw the ball than any QB I've seen in a long time.

If he had played for Miami the last three years people would be saying Tom Who and he'd be crippled up so bad he'd look like an 80 year old man hobbling around. QB's and coaches have the same problem, they get too much credit when they win and too much criticizm when they lose. I hope like hell anybody but the Pats or the Eagles win next year. I need a change. I've given up almost every sport I used to follow. I'm getting real close to giving up pro football and NASCAR aint far behind.

devour said:
Supporting cast ??? Brady won 2 SBs with Antoine Smith and a bunch of average receivers. Everyone seems to think the Patriots have an awesome offensive line. Can you even name one Pro Bowl player on that line ? Your hatred is clouding your judgement. Who cares how many points the Patriots won by. The bottom line is that they won. Every QB adapts to the team's system. Put Brady in Baltimore and they would have won 3 out of 4 SBs easily. Put him on the Jets or the Bills and they would easily be the class of the division and be an annual championship contender. Heck, put him on the Dolphins and you guys might have won a couple of Vinces in the past 5 years.

I doubt that. When they lost to Pittsburg mid-season, the Steelers put heat on him and he folded like a cheap suit.

Everyone seems to think the Patriots have an awesome offensive line.

What I see is a line that holds out defenses that don't even get close to him most of the time. You can't stop them on third down because he is going to get 5-6 seconds to throw the ball and it's as easy and pitch and catch with their line. They don't make too many big plays, they just "matriculate" (coined by Hank Stram) the ball down the field.

Heck, put him on the Dolphins and you guys might have won a couple of Vinces in the past 5 years

Brady would be in a wheel chair if he played behind our line. It's hard to pass when the defenders get back in the pocket before your QB does.

Look it's this simple. Hate him all you want to as an opposing fan, that is both fair and to be expected. But you can't hate the man. He holds himself with class and plays a solid game. He is not the greatest ever, but he has earned himself a place in history. That would make some players head's a little bigger than Brady displays.

I don't think many people really hate anyone. They say that. I thought I hated Dale Ernhardt until that tragic day. It really makes you think about what sports does to you. You think you hate someone and then something happens to them and you realize you don't. Ever since I don't even think badly of any sports figure. Living will do that to you.

I'm a life long Bosox fan. I started pulling for them when they had Yaz, Dewey, Rooster, Lee, Tiant, Fisk and then Freddy later in the 70's. Back then the only pro team in FL in any sport were the Fins. Damn, it must be great to pull for both teams. Obvioulsy I'm a fin fan and lived in FL most of my life. I couldn't believe last year. I hope the Sox can win this year. I really didn't want the Yankees to get Johnson. I saw a dude on ESPN and he thought the Bosox would play better this year despite losing Pedro and that the Yankees still don't have any hitting. I hope that is true.

How long was it between championships for the BoSox, 83 years. As a Fin fan since '71 we got a good start on halfway. Bwahahahahahaha. I'll be dead and gone at that rate.

There is only one guy who I admire and respect on the Pats....Adam Vinatieri....he does his job and you don't see him with that ****y smirk on his face like Brady or Bruschi. Adam Vinatieri was in a kicking competiton with the Eagles kicker and some other guys and you never heard him boast or brag, and he was complimenting the other kickers....He also makes the kicks in pressure money situations.

Unclemeat said:
I doubt that. When they lost to Pittsburg mid-season, the Steelers put heat on him and he folded like a cheap suit.

That day, the Patriots were missing Corey Dillon, their best receiver Deion Branch, and their starting LT Matt Light. I'll concede Brady had a bad first half, but he still managed to throw 2 TDs in the second half. That's hardly "folding like a cheap suit" as you have described. The Pittsburgh game and the MNF game against the Dolphins were his only 2 bad games of the season, coincidentally the only 2 games the Pats lost. You make it sounded as though these bad performances are the norm, instead of the rare exception. Are you trying to tell me Montana, Marino, Kelly, Manning, Elway never had those games? Look how he played in the playoffs against the best defenses in the league and come back to tell he folded like a cheap suit.

What I see is a line that holds out defenses that don't even get close to him most of the time. You can't stop them on third down because he is going to get 5-6 seconds to throw the ball and it's as easy and pitch and catch with their line. They don't make too many big plays, they just "matriculate" (coined by Hank Stram) the ball down the field.

People tend to overlook Brady's ability to move within the pocket to buy extra time that he needs. The Pat's line is small, where the average lineman is less than 310 lbs. Most of the time against an agressive and fast DE, especially on passing downs, they have go to maximum protection where one or both TEs (depends on the play), and the RB will stay back to help block. The way I see it, the 5-6 seconds you mentioned is a bit exaggerated, and it stems from the protection scheme and QB pocket awareness more than the overwhelming talents of the linemen.

Brady would be in a wheel chair if he played behind our line. It's hard to pass when the defenders get back in the pocket before your QB does.

Your line was not always this bad. How were they able to pave the way for Ricky Williams to have an 1800 yd season, followed by an 1300 yd season? My point here is that if you guys had Brady instead of Fiedler for the past 5 years, chances are you might have won a couple of superbowls. The Dolphins always had a great D, they had good receivers/TE in Chambers and McMichael, and they had one of the best RB in the league in Ricky Williams. The only thing you missed talent wise was a top QB. Poor drafts and poor QB play, along with conservative coaching (which may have stemmed from the lack of protection from QB position) is what prevented you guys from going over the top.

devour said:
That day, the Patriots were missing Corey Dillon, their best receiver Deion Branch, and their starting LT Matt Light. I'll concede Brady had a bad first half, but he still managed to throw 2 TDs in the second half. That's hardly "folding like a cheap suit" as you have described. The Pittsburgh game and the MNF game against the Dolphins were his only 2 bad games of the season, coincidentally the only 2 games the Pats lost. You make it sounded as though these bad performances are the norm, instead of the rare exception. Are you trying to tell me Montana, Marino, Kelly, Manning, Elway never had those games? Look how he played in the playoffs against the best defenses in the league and come back to tell he folded like a cheap suit.

People tend to overlook Brady's ability to move within the pocket to buy extra time that he needs. The Pat's line is small, where the average lineman is less than 310 lbs. Most of the time against an agressive and fast DE, especially on passing downs, they have go to maximum protection where one or both TEs (depends on the play), and the RB will stay back to help block. The way I see it, the 5-6 seconds you mentioned is a bit exaggerated, and it stems from the protection scheme and QB pocket awareness more than the overwhelming talents of the linemen.

Your line was not always this bad. How were they able to pave the way for Ricky Williams to have an 1800 yd season, followed by an 1300 yd season? My point here is that if you guys had Brady instead of Fiedler for the past 5 years, chances are you might have won a couple of superbowls. The Dolphins always had a great D, they had good receivers/TE in Chambers and McMichael, and they had one of the best RB in the league in Ricky Williams. The only thing you missed talent wise was a top QB. Poor drafts and poor QB play, along with conservative coaching (which may have stemmed from the lack of protection from QB position) is what prevented you guys from going over the top.

I think the reason some still shy away from greatness compared to Montana is he is still young. He really hasn't had to win any games himself or has had monster games or plays. I doubt with Bill as head coach not many QB's would. That's not the way he coaches. I have seen him make some bad decisions when he is under pressure which doesn't happen very often. He will chunk it out blindly at times. I still think most other QB's in the league could do just as well as Brady in that system.

Um, Ricky Williams made most of those yards on his own. The same line that blocked for him for 1800 yards didn't produce that the year before. Ricky didn't make many yards between the tackles. He made most off tackle and he punishes people downfield.

Poor drafts and poor QB play, along with conservative coaching (which may have stemmed from the lack of protection from QB position) is what prevented you guys from going over the top

Drafts? That year we went 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs we had the talent. I will say coaching was a problem although our o-line was not that good. Ricky carried our offense but it wasn't consistent. You'll never hear me beat up Jay. I watched him get the crap clocked out of his *** time and time again. No QB and I don't care if it were Montana/Brady could have done much better. You can't thow the ball when you got a DE/DB stuck in your spine or a 350 pound tackle breathing down your throat. You mention coaching, how would a great QB be any better than the coaching. Aint happenin. I will also tell you this that this team has had a pile of bad breaks and poor luck.

One thing I have seen over the past several years is the same thing that started happening in the NBA in the mid-80s. The NBA became Showtime like Pro Wrestling and owners that had no patience. The game became dilluted because there was no stability in coaching and the level of play on league average was poor. Teams were more flash that good/smart/well coached. The Bulls looked great because the rest of the league sucked. Teh same thing is happening with the Patriots. I don't think they are that great. They llok great because the rest of the teams are just plain out not good. Look at how many teams are trying to build a champ in one year like Jones in Dallas, the Washington coach to name a few. Teams are not built like they were in the 70's. Look at how many teams that are sub-500 that are SB contenders the next year. Pro football doesn't mean too much to me anymore. The NFL has become like a lot of other sports, big egos, tit baby players,coaches, owner, and fans. Then you have a coach like Bill and the team he built and it's easy to see how they win. I'm not taking away from anything they've done but they just don't have any competition because there really aint no competition.

Back
Top Bottom