What is your biggest draft fear? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your biggest draft fear?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
For me it’s missing out on building our OL. I feel like it’s a deep OL draft but let’s say the run goes early and all top 5 tackles are gone by 18 and then we pass to take a higher graded player and then 26 rolls around and now we either have to reach or again pass. And then we end up with 1-2 developmental prospects like a Michael Dieter. And give our rookie QB a nightmare situation with a horrible OL.

For me it’s missing out on building our OL. I feel like it’s a deep OL draft but let’s say the run goes early and all top 5 tackles are gone by 18 and then we pass to take a higher graded player and then 26 rolls around and now we either have to reach or again pass. And then we end up with 1-2 developmental prospects like a Michael Dieter. And give our rookie QB a nightmare situation with a horrible OL.
Ditto

They’ll figure out how to upgrade tackle.

Only QB is higher on the list. They have to have a plan to draft at least 2 of them.

I think the left tackle class in 2021 is better than this year. I wouldn't mind filling the right tackle job this year and the center spot too.

As always I would say my fear would be getting too caught up in trying to fill a need now and passing on a superior player at another position. For example passing on an an elite reciever prospect to draft a tackle that you believe has an average level ceiling.

Last edited:
Davis can hold down the fort on the right side for a year while we take a second tier like Cleveland at 39 or Niang to 56 for now if we miss out. Next year without worrying about QB if we grab Herbert or Tua then we can grab one as our first pick ( hopefully that means 15-20 ) if we go 9-7 or 8-8.

Last edited:
Day 1, 3 picks. My biggest fear is they lose the picks. I want to see them make the picks, all three.
If it meant the difference of getting Burrow instead of Herbert. It would suck, but would be the wise decision. Herbert wont win sh** in this league.

Back
Top Bottom