What is your biggest draft fear? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your biggest draft fear?

My fear is Miami loses out on the QB at #5 and then tries to get cute by waiting until #18 to draft Jordan Love. With New England in striking distance, who then trades up to #17 and selects Love, right in front of the Dolphins. The other fear is selecting Tua at #5, who promptly reinjured himself and is shelved for the season.

I’m afraid average OT’s will be drafted when elite players at other positions are on the board. But it’s a minor fear. I’m pretty optimistic about the draft. There just aren’t that many top 100 players that I’m down on.

I’m afraid average OT’s will be drafted when elite players at other positions are on the board. But it’s a minor fear. I’m pretty optimistic about the draft. There just aren’t that many top 100 players that I’m down on.
that's part of my fear too......passing on great talent just to go for need. I know we need OL but I'd not pass on a top WR to draft an OT with a 3rd round grade.

My fear is Miami loses out on the QB at #5 and then tries to get cute by waiting until #18 to draft Jordan Love. With New England in striking distance, who then trades up to #17 and selects Love, right in front of the Dolphins. The other fear is selecting Tua at #5, who promptly reinjured himself and is shelved for the season.

I personally could care less what the Patriots do. It’s over.
Tua might get hurt in practice or preseason but he’s not beating our Fitz this year.

Cheatriots trade up to 3 and take Tua and he becomes a franchise QB for yrs and hardly ever gets injured. Of course they win multiple more Superbowls as well. I don’t think I could handle going through that again. Please get a franchise QB even if we have to give up a pick or two if needed just don’t risk losing out on your guy whoever that may be.

Hearing Tua named being called. Then rest of the 1st rd picks used on positions other than OT.

My biggest draft fear is that the medicals on Tua are much worse than we're privy to right now causing teams to take him off their boards. He's the most complete QB in the draft.

1.) We trade our picks to move up. I think the Bengals are unlikely to move out of the 1 spot. Historically, they aren't a franchise that makes a lot of trades in the draft.

2.) We draft Tua. I don't expect longevity out of him. Taking a QB this year likely puts us out of the running to take a QB next year. I would rather have Lawrence every day (twice on Saturday and twice on Sundays) over any QB in this year's draft. Plus we have draft capital to move up. Taking the best player available at 5 (without injury concerns) is our best option, IMHO. Some folks on here have stated there is no proof he will be injury prone and that he is given a clean bill of health after this latest injury. There is far more evidence he wil be injury plagued than evidence he will remain healthy.

3.) We don't address O-Line or WR. I would not be against taking Jeudy or Lamb with one of our picks.

Ross steps in and forces them to draft Tua...

RUINING a new head coach and GM,

making them happy check cashing employees of the South FLorida country club

until they get let go in a couple of years

thus beginning the cycle yet again :(

Having the whole draft hacked by someone sitting in his moms basement eating cheese doodles.

Back
Top Bottom