What is your biggest draft fear? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your biggest draft fear?

Taking Hebert. Any other of the 8 or 9 players at #5 is fine with me.

One possible draft strategy is to pick two non-QB potential pro bowlers at #5 and #18. For example Wirfs and Kinlaw. With the 26 pick take best available QB from LOVE, HURTs, lastly Hebert. Potentially trade up from #26 if you need to.

I’m warming to Herbert watching more of his film (I know, unexpected right)...so I’ll say spending that #5 pick on anything other than a QB. I’m even good with Love high if they are enamored.

This team has tried that get cute and take a QB late garbage with John Beck, Henne, and others. Just go get your damn face of your franchise and stop acting smarter than everyone knows you are.

The other fear is selecting Tua at #5, who promptly reinjured himself and is shelved for the season.

And the season after that, and the season after that...and so on-so on-so on.

Even if it's not his hip, I can see other injuries (labrum, knee, something) coming from him trying to compensate subconsciously for the bad hip.

Justin Herbert. And I fully believe it's going to happen.

Trading up for Burrow.
Trading up for Tua.
Landing Tua at 5.
Taking Love at 5.
Moving down from 5 for Love.
Moving up from 18 for Love.
Taking stab at Hurts at 26.

I'm more comfortable with all of the above.

In all honesty it's trading up for a guy that I don't think is durable enough to play QB in this league, nor will he be able to transition from Alabama to play QB on a team like the Dolphins.

Passing on Tua, then NE trades up to around 9-12 and they take him. They win more with Tua than they did with Brady. That's my greatest fear.
Yep that’s one of mine also. I think it’s unlikely but still a terrifying thought

Getting the QB decision wrong, which we won't know for a few years.

Next would be failing to build a strong OL.

They do not have to complete the OL in this Draft, but they do need to contribute to the eventual OL that will be protecting the young QB.

For me it’s missing out on building our OL. I feel like it’s a deep OL draft but let’s say the run goes early and all top 5 tackles are gone by 18 and then we pass to take a higher graded player and then 26 rolls around and now we either have to reach or again pass. And then we end up with 1-2 developmental prospects like a Michael Dieter. And give our rookie QB a nightmare situation with a horrible OL.

The Patriots somehow moving up to 3 for Tua...starting to gain steam...too many ex-Patriots in Detroit to not worry about it...or it could be a smokescreen to make Miami panic and give the lions too much

Trading up for anybody in the first few rounds. Trading up has typically ended in a debacle under Grier in my viewpoint.

My biggest fear is to trade up and waste more picks on drafting Tua. I would rather sit there at 5 and draft Herbert. In the long run he will be the better QB anyways.

Back
Top Bottom