What is your biggest draft fear? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your biggest draft fear?

That we don't address our O line needs. We need to get more help, or it won't matter what QB we take.

Taking Herbert or Love

GaseousBeautifulAfricangoldencat-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Passing on Tua, then NE trades up to around 9-12 and they take him. They win more with Tua than they did with Brady. That's my greatest fear.

Fears...
1. Miami drafts Tua.
2. Miami wastes picks by trading up.
3. Miami wastes 1st round picks on O-Linemen. They've tried this in the recent past with poor results. Tunsil, James, and Pouncey; three o-linemen who sucked at run blocking and IMO weren't worth the 1st round picks used to draft them or the money they were going to want in their next contract. I was glad to see them go. Other teams find adequate linemen after the 1st round who can both pass and run block, but under Philbin and Gase, the Fins had possibly the weakest, least-physical o-line in the league year after year. They spend high draft picks on the o-line, yet can't even convert a 3rd or 4th and short on the ground? This tells me that the offenses under both Philbin and Gase were woefully inept, and that they, along with the Front Office personnel, do not have the ability to recognize and evaluate competent o-linemen. Hopefully, someone new will be selecting o-linemen in this draft, and not the same people who thought Jonathan Martin was a good player! Miami needs a line full of old-school, mean, blue-collar, physically tough road graders, and when Flores took over the team NOT ONE o-lineman on the roster fit that description! Other teams can field capable o-lines without using high draft picks... why can't Miami?

Last edited:
Tua accepting a signing bonus from Ross knowing he won't be here in his 6th year.

Back
Top Bottom