What is your worst moment as a Dolphins fan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your worst moment as a Dolphins fan?

ganooch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Over on Jetsinsider, I was part of a thread discussing the Jets and the 1998 season that ended in such disappointment. We were discussing how the Jets were only 30 minutes away from beating Atlanta in the Super Bowl when the wheels came off in Denver. It has been 10 years since that happened and the sorrow is still there.

Things did not get much better in 1999 when once again Jet nation felt that this was the year, when snap, Vinny Testaverde's achilles heel snapped like a rubberband.

So tell me Dolphin fans is there one signature moment that you all speak of or are there many across the board.

What is the worst moment as a Dolphin's Fan? And you can't use this past season going 1-15, because from the get go you never reached a high that "this was it!"

Anyone who is old enough will agree with this...

The 1974 divisional playoff game loss against Oakland...with the infamous "sea of hands" catch. It was the end of our dynasty.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

im not as old as the other guy but for me it would be the dolphins and pats game i think in 2002. That has to be the dumbest game ive ever seen

1999 when we lost so badly to the Jags. I knew that was Marino's last chance to win the Super Bowl.

The year that Miami lost to Jay Feidler and the Jacksonville Jaguars...150-3 or something absurd like that, was the worst moment for my friends and I. We were pumped and to see Marino go out like that...tears were in the mix.

Any loss to the stinkin' freakin' Jets. I know that's more than one but every one of them is like a punch in the gut. I hate loosing to the Jets more than going 1-15. At least at 1-15 you get the first draft pick.

Over on Jetsinsider, I was part of a thread discussing the Jets and the 1998 season that ended in such disappointment. We were discussing how the Jets were only 30 minutes away from beating Atlanta in the Super Bowl when the wheels came off in Denver. It has been 10 years since that happened and the sorrow is still there.

Things did not get much better in 1999 when once again Jet nation felt that this was the year, when snap, Vinny Testaverde's achilles heel snapped like a rubberband.

So tell me Dolphin fans is there one signature moment that you all speak of or are there many across the board.

What is the worst moment as a Dolphin's Fan? And you can't use this past season going 1-15, because from the get go you never reached a high that "this was it!"

I would have to say 2000 Monday nighter against the Jets when I stayed up till 130 in the morning to watch the jets come back in record breaking fashion to defeat us in the Monday Night Miracle, or Meltdown, whichever you prefer.

Another could be the the 2001 playoff game against Baltimore. We kicked the opening kickoff to Baltimore to have them fumble it and us recover but culd only get 3 points out of that game... I remember, to this day, turning and looking at my father with laughter and a smile on my face and saying to him, "Its going to be a long day for those Ravens." Unfortunately those were the most points we were going to score in that game and would be the last playoff game we would see to date ending our playoff tenure being outscored by opponents 215 - 83 from 97 - 01 :boohoo:

The year that Miami lost to Jay Feidler and the Jacksonville Jaguars...150-3 or something absurd like that, was the worst moment for my friends and I. We were pumped and to see Marino go out like that...tears were in the mix.

62-7 :boohoo:

Us running Dan Marino out of town after he had did everything he could to renogiate his deal. That compounded with we replaced him with Fielder.

I'm not that old. It's the 62-7 Jax game which was Marino's last game too.

I would have to say 2000 Monday nighter against the Jets when I stayed up till 130 in the morning to watch the jets come back in record breaking fashion to defeat us in the Monday Night Miracle, or Meltdown, whichever you prefer.

Another could be the the 2001 playoff game against Baltimore. We kicked the opening kickoff to Baltimore to have them fumble it and us recover but culd only get 3 points out of that game... I remember, to this day, turning and looking at my father with laughter and a smile on my face and saying to him, "Its going to be a long day for those Ravens." Unfortunately those were the most points we were going to score in that game and would be the last playoff game we would see to date ending our playoff tenure being outscored by opponents 215 - 83 from 97 - 01 :boohoo:

Bingo:boohoo: I was one of the ones that went to bed... I woke up the next morning and saw the score. I think I got a 67 on that test that I took that day. I couldn't focus on anything else but the fact that I was one of the fans that got burned by going to bed too early. Never again....

Anyone who is old enough will agree with this...

The 1974 divisional playoff game loss against at Oakland...with the infamous "sea of hands" catch. It was the end of our dynasty.

Yes, thats number one on my list, we were heading towards our unprecented 4th consecutive Superbowl, hopefully a 3rd consecutive Superbowl win, Vern Den Herder had Stablers leg, we had the receiver covered but it was a perfect pass....still the biggest heartbreaker in Dolphin history, we lose 28-24 on the final play of the game.

2) Losing Superbowl 6 to Dallas, thought we had a good chance going in.

3) Losing the classic Playoff game to San Diego in 1981 after an amazing comeback from a horrendous start to the game, 41-38 triple overtime.

4) Superbowl 17, Leading going into the 4th quarter, Kim Bokamper bats Thiesmans ball in the air, if Bokamper catches it hes in the end zone and the game is probably over, Thiesman bats it away at the last second.

5) Superbowl 19, I was in the Navy watching this game in an apartment with about 15 Niner fans, we had a bet where we drank tequilla shots when the opponent scored, it was ok thru the first quarter, then it got ugly. I was so sure Marino would find a way to win this game.

you guys are gonna hate me, but passing on quinn hurt more than anything else. having our potential franchise qb fall into our lap then drafting a fuggin kick returner with the #9 pick just killed us and the entire last season. i have been seriously disappointed in the past - that jets game referred to above, all of our awesome 1st round losses, losing surtain and ogunleye in their prime (ogunleye wasn't even there yet), etc.. but after waiting a decade to let quinn slip by was devastating. and now we have the #1 pick and there is no QB that's worth it. passing on quinn gets it for me b/c it will haunt us until we get a decent QB - so every time beck does something stupid an angel loses their wings. oh good.

Yes, thats number one on my list, we were heading towards our unprecented 4th consecutive Superbowl, hopefully a 3rd consecutive Superbowl win, Vern Den Herder had Stablers leg, we had the receiver covered but it was a perfect pass....still the biggest heartbreaker in Dolphin history, we lose 28-24 on the final play of the game.

2) Losing Superbowl 6 to Dallas, thought we had a good chance going in.

3) Losing the classic Playoff game to San Diego in 1981 after an amazing comeback from a horrendous start to the game, 41-38 triple overtime.

4) Superbowl 17, Leading going into the 4th quarter, Kim Bokamper bats Thiesmans ball in the air, if Bokamper catches it hes in the end zone and the game is probably over, Thiesman bats it away at the last second.

5) Superbowl 19, I was in the Navy watching this game in an apartment with about 15 Niner fans, we had a bet where we drank tequilla shots when the opponent scored, it was ok thru the first quarter, then it got ugly. I was so sure Marino would find a way to win this game.

I'm 43,so add the 62-7 Jax game and that about sums it
up for me.

Back
Top Bottom