What is your worst moment as a Dolphins fan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your worst moment as a Dolphins fan?

Yeah I remember after we lost thinking the Jets will never beat the Packers. Sure enough, Favre and the cheese heads got blown out. :shakeno:

Yes, by a long shot. I know it will get me flamed around here, but Chambers is my favorite football player ever. I love Zach and seeing him go is tough, but not as much as seeing Chambers go.

thats fine by me..to each their own

OK stop it right there... Now all i see is red.:shakeno:

- Week 2 2004 @ Cincinnati. Will Poole shut down Chad Johnson in place of Pat Surtain but the offensive line surrended 10 sacks and we were embarrassed on national TV.

Want me to continue on 2004? :D

- Week 2 2004 @ Cincinnati. Will Poole shut down Chad Johnson in place of Pat Surtain but the offensive line surrended 10 sacks and we were embarrassed on national TV.

Want me to continue on 2004? :D

wasnt that the game we played in the typhoon, (along with the Pitt game)

Too young for the "sea of hands" game in 1974...

1) Bal vs. NE, 1977; referees invention of "in the grasp", over-ruling a Bert Jones fumble. Loss kept a very good 10-4 Miami team from the playoffs
2) 35-30 Monday night loss at Houston, 1978. Earl Campbell's 4 TD game. I was so mad.
3) 41-38 SD playoff loss in 1981. I still get sick over our missed FG's and Andre Franklins fumble. No dominant team that year, we had a good shot at SB.
4) SB17 loss. #1 defense, but Woodley completes 4 passes ALL GAME. Bokamper's almost INT for a TD. Offense does anything in 2nd half and we win easily.
5) 27-20 loss to Seattle in 1983 playoffs. Blew 20-17 lead w/ 2 min left in Marino's 1st playoff game. AJ Duhe blows out knee. May have had the best team in NFL that year.
6) SB 19 loss. Still have nightmare's about that game. Our worst effort/performance all year.
7) 31-14 AFC title game loss to NE in 1985. Gives Bears the SB. Dropped TD at end of 1st half and fumble by Joe Carter in 4th quarter, down only 10.
8) 44-34 loss to Buffalo, 1990 playoffs. Dropped INT in 4th quarter, down 3. Sad defense.
9) 29-10 loss to Buffalo, 1992 AFC title game. I was 100% confident that we would win it all that year.
10) 22-21 loss to SD in 1994. Still can't figure out how we lost that game.
11) Marino's retirement in 2000.

Losing to the raiders in the divisonal game in 2000. If I remember we moved the ball down to their 8 or something in our opening possession. Then Fielder threw a INT returned for a TD. At that moment my heart sank, and it set the tone for the rest of the game. 27-0

#1 has to be the Jax playoff game. That game all but sealed the fate of Marino. The huge loss was bad enough, but to know and see it in his face knowing that this was probably the last we were going to see him play . . . . just a sickening day. A close second was the OT loss to SD in 81'. That was an exciting, but sickening game that we should have won several times. It really felt like we were destined to win that game, but just gave it away with missed FG's.

I would have to say 2000 Monday nighter against the Jets when I stayed up till 130 in the morning to watch the jets come back in record breaking fashion to defeat us in the Monday Night Miracle, or Meltdown, whichever you prefer.

Another could be the the 2001 playoff game against Baltimore. We kicked the opening kickoff to Baltimore to have them fumble it and us recover but culd only get 3 points out of that game... I remember, to this day, turning and looking at my father with laughter and a smile on my face and saying to him, "Its going to be a long day for those Ravens." Unfortunately those were the most points we were going to score in that game and would be the last playoff game we would see to date ending our playoff tenure being outscored by opponents 215 - 83 from 97 - 01 :boohoo:

I was actually at the Monday night miracle as we jets fans call it. we were sitting amongst many dolphin fans. That game is probably one of the greatest moments if not the greatest since winning Super Bowl III

im not as old as the other guy but for me it would be the dolphins and pats game i think in 2002. That has to be the dumbest game ive ever seen

No doubt a bad memory. From first to third and out of the playoffs in the last 5 minutes of the last game!

1999-Dan's last stand is a 62-9 washout. Very hard knowing that was going to be his last game.

1994-Pete Stoyanovish shenks a 48 yarder in the playoffs against SD as time expires.

1991-last game of the season, beaten by the hated Jets in OT after our defense coughed it up in regulation. This eliminated them from the playoffs.

1985-AFC championship in the rain against the Pats-6 turnovers-no rematch withe Bears

1981-the classic against SD-41-38 loss-sure didn't seem like a classic at the time-I threw a tantrum and got punished by the parents

I was actually at the Monday night miracle as we jets fans call it. we were sitting amongst many dolphin fans. That game is probably one of the greatest moments if not the greatest since winning Super Bowl III

:banhim: Just kidding, but it hurt seeing it.

I can remember watching the 1981 "epic" between the fins and the chargers. I was 13 years old, and to this day, that game is still one of the greatest games I have ever seen. everyone played all out and always remember kellen winslow helped off of the field, the hook and lateral play etc..

i also remember always cursing when Don Strock would come in, because it seemed like every time he game into the game, they won.

i also remember from those days Jimmy cefalo and a receiver with the last name "Rose" was it joe rose?

Back
Top Bottom