What is your worst moment as a Dolphins fan? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your worst moment as a Dolphins fan?

I don't understand your post, the Jets haven't been in the super bowl since 1969. I've read it numerous times and I don't get it. Can someone clue me in.

I think he's assuming that IF the Jets had beaten the Broncos in the AFC Championship, a game in which they were up by double digits at one point, then they would've gone on to beat the Falcons in Super Bowl XXXIII. In our house by the way. That would've been a dark day in Dolphin history right there my friend!

1999 when we lost so badly to the Jags. I knew that was Marino's last chance to win the Super Bowl.

That or this years loss to Cleveland. It was my first nfl game that I ever went to and also I'm Ohio and my 3 friends that I went with are Browns fans.

January 12,1986

AFC Title game.. Patriots 31 Dolphins 14

This game will forever be wrenched in my gut.The Patriots beat the Jets on the road,then traveled to the Coliseum and beat the Raiders. Then they were headed to the Orange Bowl to lose to my beloved Dolphins,or so I thought. We couldnt lose because wild card teams just dont win three straight road games to advance to the Super Bowl. But......WE LOST!! ARGGGHH! NO,NO,NO.NOOOOOOOO!

Damn,I`m reliving this nightmare all over again. Who started this thread anyway? Must be a Jet fan.

I can remember watching the 1981 "epic" between the fins and the chargers. I was 13 years old, and to this day, that game is still one of the greatest games I have ever seen. everyone played all out and always remember kellen winslow helped off of the field, the hook and lateral play etc..

i also remember always cursing when Don Strock would come in, because it seemed like every time he game into the game, they won.

i also remember from those days Jimmy cefalo and a receiver with the last name "Rose" was it joe rose?
yes joe rose ....the first marino TD was to mr joe rose ....the best game ever played ...so sorry we lost ...but again ...phins in the most important part of nfl history ....the best game and the perfect season .

Dolphins loss to the Chargers in the 1995 AFC Championship game. Miami was up 21-0 at one point and managed to lose the game on a missed Stoyanovich field goal.

***Warning***

Watch this at your own risk. It's tough to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxIAwl7VsDg

The day I realized I was a hardcore Miami Dolphins fan, I was devastated at the end :boohoo:

1. Loosing the 1st ever dolphins game i saw in Joe Robbie at aged 7. We lost to the Jets. always hated them.

2. Marino anouncing his retirement.

3. Loosing at Wembley, Traveling all the way to Miami (from London) 2 weeks later to watch them loose in Miami, then Traveling to Philly the next week to see them loose to the Eagles. and a 1-15 season. (Thats all no. 3 in 1 hit!)

4. Zach Not Ending his carrer in Miami.

5. The Jags game when we got spanked. Emabarrasing.

6. Loosing to the Oilers years back on our Trip to the playoffs. Another Marino chance to go get a ring.

7. Marino Not getting a ring.

8. Ricky Doing so well 1 year, then Abandoning the team 1 week before the next season.

9. Saban Doing a Runner. (altho now im hapy bout it)

and i will stop there.

The Best memories of our great franchise still out doo the bad!

In Fins We Trust!

2000 Monday night loss to the Jets, 1981 playoff loss to the Chargers, 1974 playoff loss to the Raiders.

Thats the easiest ? I've been asked in a long time. How about the complete meltdown against the Pats in the last game of '02? A close second would be the missed field goal by stoyanovich against the Chargers in the PLayoffs. Ouch to both of those.

mine would have to be the first and only time i saw marino play at the houston oilers and marino had one of his worst games ever. he ended up scraping with a d-lineman..and while dan was on his back swinging and this 300 pound guy was on him not one dolphin teammate even thought about helping their qb even if it was just to get the guy off him. that was a pretty miserable moment for me.

I know this shows my age but my worst day was the day I heard Paul Warfield, Larry Czonka and Jim Kiick were leaving the Dolphins and going to the other league. I knew the Dolphins were in trouble.

You are wise beyond your years because that was mine as well. Miami has the leading rusher in the NFL and Wanny passes the ball 4 times on the Pats 10 yard line!!!!!!!!

That was what you were talking about, wasn't it?

I Was tailgating at the Meadowlands that day. We needed the Dolphins to lose and right before game time, everything was falling apart. All of a suddden, the Dolphins decide not to run the ball and they lose. There were more fans in the parking lot waiting for the Dolphin game to end then there were in the stadium. Jets still needed to beat teh Pack and they demolished them. It was a great day for us and as you note a bad one for you.

This is what makes the rivalry great, and just proves why the Jets and Dolphins remained in the same division after realignment.

The day I realized I was a hardcore Miami Dolphins fan, I was devastated at the end :boohoo:

This was a divisional playoff game. The Chargers went on to beat the Steelers in the AFC Champioship game the following week.

Back
Top Bottom