What makes you a "DIE HARD" Dolphins fan? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What makes you a "DIE HARD" Dolphins fan?

OrlandoFinsFan said:
Personally, I grew up in South Florida in the 70's and 80's. I remember going absolutely nuts over games like the Monday Night shootout with Dallas and pulling my hair out over the greatest game ever against San Diego (even though we lost it was awesome to watch). I didn't just want to be a Dolphins fan....I wanted to be a Dolphin. Ofcourse that dream fizzled as I got older, but there is no other team in any other sport that can get me so excited or pissed off than the Dolphins. I guess I turn back into that kid in Lauderdale every time I watch them play. Win or lose, they are my team. I hurt when they lose and I feel great when they win. And when they win ALOT this year I will be there watching the bandwagons get overloaded. For those of us who are faithful, just remember, the life of a bandwagon fan is a passionless, empty, shell of a fan.

You are dead right there shag

OrlandoFinsFan said:
Show a child a Dophins game and he/she will be entertained for a day....make a child a fan and he/she will be entertained for a lifetime.

Very beautifully said my man!

Big Red Machine

WOW I'M ALSO A HUGE REDS FAN AND DOLPHINS FAN ! 1975 WORLD SERIES THE BEST WORLD SERIES HANDS DOWN!!:dolphins:

dolphindebby said:
I've loved these guys for 34 years. My son was born in the perfect season. He'll tell you that's the only way I know his birth year. I always wear my jerseys on game days, light aqua & orange candles I even drink out of a Dolphin cup. I cry when they lose and stay depressed through the next day. I have a Dolphin room, with all my pictures, starting line up figures, you name it it's there. MY wallpaper & screen saver is Dolphin. Our bed room and bath are dolphin colors. Hopefully I'll be getting my car painted aqua real soon. There's never been another team for me. Everyone says I've brain washed my kids, but that's ok, their both smart and know I'd put them up for adoption, if they pulled for any other team :sidelol: :sidelol: This site is great, never dreamed I'd find other fans to talk to. I'm in GA and all that's here are Falcon fans.
Talk to you guys later.
dolphindebby
this is pretty funny,your definatey a finatic

DolphinDevil28 said:
I have that BURNING desire inside to win.

And when we don't, I get a complete emptiness inside me and life feels meaningless for one week.

I wake up every morning thinking how good we can be this year, and go to bed every night dreaming of the Fins hosting an AFC Championship and going to the Superbowl.

When the Dolphins do lose, and my anger, sadness, emptiness, etc... is on display, and someone tells me, "Lighten up, it's just football," or, "It's just a game," I want to punch them as hard as I can in the face. I want to push them off of a cliff.

They have no idea what it means to put time, effort, work, money and a lot of times literal sweat into a team, an organization, a group of people who form something way bigger than yourself, and the sense of pride it gives you to represent them, cheer them on and live for them.

When my family talks about boring, mundane things, I just want to talk Dolphins football.
All I hear is "Blah blah blah..." and inside my head I'm really thinking, "Man I can't wait to see Ronnie Brown and Daunte Culpepper on offense this year. God I bet Channing Crowder is going to explode this season."

I make the trek from New Orleans to Miami at least once a year, (if I could afford to do it more, I would), to go to a game. I sit in the nosebleed section and cheer as loud as I can.

I have never once left a Dolphins game with my voice intact.

I love this team with everything I have. I missed my sister's family wedding shower/party because we were playing the Green Bay Packers.

I want the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl more than anything.

...Now, you tell ME what it takes to be a Die-Hard fan.

By reading your post I think you'll agree there is nothing worse than losing going into a Bye week. I freakin hate that. 2 weeks of waiting for the fins to redeem themselves is a killer.

The 2004 season has actually made losing easier for me, don't get me wrong it still sucks big time, but something about that season made the blow not as large. That was the toughest football season I ever had to endure. I showed up at my local Sports bar every week (luckily now I have the ticket) sporting my Dolphins gear only to have them lose just about every game in the 4th quarter. It would have been easier if they just got blown out, but they always had to give you hope, becuase they were in most of the games, which many people don't realize. That win over New England in December was the best christmas gift I could have gotten. That truly was the 2004 season.

My point is I was so bad in 2004 that I actually wouldn't concede the Dolphins were done until they lost 8 games. It's sad that I believed they could turn things around with Wanny at HC. After the 8th loss losing got easier and for some reason that carried on into 2005. Last year when Miami was at there lowest point I wasn't as upset but kept thinking, " I just don't understand with the players they have why they're this bad." Then the turnaround came, that 6 game winning streak was great. The SD game was my personal favorite. The Chargers had so much hype at that point in the season and we went into their house and physically dominated them.

Back
Top Bottom