What makes you a "DIE HARD" Dolphins fan? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What makes you a "DIE HARD" Dolphins fan?

What makes me a die-hard?

I've been in love with the Dolphins since 1982, when I was 6 years old.
I've watched every game since I can remember.
I spent the past 5 years in NYC and went to the Dolphins/jets game each year.
I never capitalize the word jets. They don't deserve the respect.
I think about the Dolphins more frequently than I ought to.

YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT A DOLPHIN FAN IS?

I took a radio into the Toronto theatre production of "Phantom of the Opera"...so i could listen to a game.

I skipped the first part of my first wedding reception, my OWN reception, to sit at a bar and watch the Fins play the Jets.

I threw myself down a flight of stairs and faked an injury so i wouldnt have to go out with my inlaws, so i could stay home and watch the fins play buffalo.

I rescheduled my divorce to my first wife because it was on a tuesday morning, the fins played monday night and i didnt want to show up tired or take the chance on being hungover.

I took a long range radio on my second marriages honeymoon on our cruise....so i could listen to Miami sports talk radio....IN THE OFFSEASON.

I was told by my employer that i was no longer aloud to schedule myself to work on Tuesdays if the fins played on Monday night.

I told my wife, my 2nd wife, that i was going to get a tatoo, with her name on it. I got the old dolphins logo instead. When i was asked why i did it, i told her that it was the one thing without question i knew i would love the rest of my life. NOTE: i dont recommend ever giving a woman that answer again. It was painfull.

I was going through firemans training and had to take my state exam on the day that Marino played his final game against Jacksonville. I took a radio and pinned it to the inside of my shirt. Amazingly i still passed.

I worked a security detail for a chemical plant in the early 90's and would sneak a TV into the booth on Sundays. Since the factory was usually deserted, i would pump the TV through the intercom system so i could hear when i did my security check rounds.

I could go on, but do i really need to?

txmedic5 said:

I took a radio into the Toronto theatre production of "Phantom of the Opera"...so i could listen to a game.

I skipped the first part of my first wedding reception, my OWN reception, to sit at a bar and watch the Fins play the Jets.

I threw myself down a flight of stairs and faked an injury so i wouldnt have to go out with my inlaws, so i could stay home and watch the fins play buffalo.

I rescheduled my divorce to my first wife because it was on a tuesday morning, the fins played monday night and i didnt want to show up tired or take the chance on being hungover.

I took a long range radio on my second marriages honeymoon on our cruise....so i could listen to Miami sports talk radio....IN THE OFFSEASON.

I was told by my employer that i was no longer aloud to schedule myself to work on Tuesdays if the fins played on Monday night.

I told my wife, my 2nd wife, that i was going to get a tatoo, with her name on it. I got the old dolphins logo instead. When i was asked why i did it, i told her that it was the one thing without question i knew i would love the rest of my life. NOTE: i dont recommend ever giving a woman that answer again. It was painfull.

I was going through firemans training and had to take my state exam on the day that Marino played his final game against Jacksonville. I took a radio and pinned it to the inside of my shirt. Amazingly i still passed.

I worked a security detail for a chemical plant in the early 90's and would sneak a TV into the booth on Sundays. Since the factory was usually deserted, i would pump the TV through the intercom system so i could hear when i did my security check rounds.

That answer may get you the prize.....which in your case is inside that little padded room over there! :goof: Thorazin, IV push nurse, please!:sidelol:

Everyone back away slowly..........

the fact that when i wake up, aal i see is aqua and orange... bedroom is custom dawg.. hot hot hot. wifey digs it too..she thinks i stole the idea from trading spaces...i dont care...i bleed THESE COLORS!!!

Crying REAL tears (more than once mind you) after a Phins loss.

:hail:

I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy.

Ok, I wont tell my wife, but after reading some of these posts I am actually considering getting a Dolphins tatoo. hmmmf!! I don't know. What do you guys think?

get the tatoo, just dont tell her what i did. you will be sorry....lol.

Ohiophinphan said:
Many of you know that my wife died a couple of years ago. I've recently started seeing a lovely lady and what did she have on when I went to pick her up recently? A Marino jersey! This one may be a keeper!

Sounds like it. The girl I'm seeing now has been warned that come Sept 7th everything changes. When the Fins are on that's all that matters. I am committed 110% to Fins football. For home games, forget it. It's like a job. From 8 am till I get home at 6 or so. She doesn't follow any team. Needless to say she is becoming a Fins fan really quickly.

txmedic5 said:
get the tatoo, just dont tell her what i did. you will be sorry....lol.

LMAO
Actually, I called her in and she read what you posted yesterday. Funny thing.....she just kissed me, smiled, and walked away. I will definately learn from your experience. I think I will mull it over. I have no problem painting my face (or whole body on occasion), but a tat is forever. I am about 60-40 for getting it right now.

txmedic5 said:

Man I thought I was hardcore. I'm not sure if it's more sad or hilarious, but either way that's awesome!

my girlfriend is jealous of finheaven and the miami dolphins.

As if i'm going to cheat on her with finheaven..

to be honest with everyone. i didnt think i would ever admit this. but i tear up on big plays and when saban says something killer. i know i am a girl. but this should make be die hard.

Back
Top Bottom