What round is Whitehearst | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What round is Whitehearst

hunter5nc1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
predicted to go in? If we could get him in the 2nd I would be happy with that I have a feeling he will be a good NFL QB.

hunter5nc1 said:
predicted to go in? If we could get him in the 2nd I would be happy with that I have a feeling he will be a good NFL QB.
Right now hes projected to go between the 4th-7th rounds

Really I didn't realize he had fallen that far. He had an off year recovering from his injuries but I still feel like he has the mechanics to be a good NFL qb

hunter5nc1 said:
Really I didn't realize he had fallen that far. He had an off year recovering from his injuries but I still feel like he has the mechanics to be a good NFL qb

He could definitely end up being a pretty decent NFL QB a few years down the road...IMO.

He is a 2nd day pick. He had a terrible Junior year and a very inconsistent senior year all after such a promising first two years. He is a very physically gifted QB but has yet to but it together. He had sugery on his throwing sholder so depending on his bowl performance he could move up but not to day one.

outtawack311 said:
He didnt really fall anywhere, he wasnt really thought of anything higher than 3rd-4th

I would thought he would have fallen b/c at the beginning of the season he was a Heisman canidate.

hunter5nc1 said:
I would thought he would have fallen b/c at the beginning of the season he was a Heisman canidate.

Maybe mentioned but like everard said the inconsistency is the big knock. He just has never put it together and shown the promise that his talent level shows he should have.

ether79 said:
Maybe mentioned but like everard said the inconsistency is the big knock. He just has never put it together and shown the promise that his talent level shows he should have.

Your right I feel the same way but he could possibly be a steal for someone.

He's got first round talent with seventh round production at this point. Whitehurst's biggest drawback has been his history of poor decision making on the field as well as accuracy problems.

However, he's a 6'4", 235 lbs quarterback with a big time arm and is very, very mobile. He's played in a shot gun offense during his college career, so he will need to make an adjustment to playing under center in the NFL.

If Scott Linehan thinks he can straigten out Charlie's problems in the NFL, I definitely see him as a possible mid round option for the Dolphins.

KB21 said:
He's got first round talent with seventh round production at this point. Whitehurst's biggest drawback has been his history of poor decision making on the field as well as accuracy problems.

However, he's a 6'4", 235 lbs quarterback with a big time arm and is very, very mobile. He's played in a shot gun offense during his college career, so he will need to make an adjustment to playing under center in the NFL.

If Scott Linehan thinks he can straigten out Charlie's problems in the NFL, I definitely see him as a possible mid round option for the Dolphins.

Hopefully Linehan thinks that and it works out. I just don't really want to draft a ? mark in the first round.

KB21 said:

I think he would fit the Linehan O perfectly and would love to see us maybe grab him in the 4th. You think that might be a possibility? If you could work with the guy and get him to play up to his level that would be a great pick.

He'll be selected between the 3rd and 6th rounds. I was high on this guy at the start of the year but he has really declined. I think he might even get taken in the 6th round.

finfanatic99 said:
He'll be selected between the 3rd and 6th rounds. I was high on this guy at the start of the year but he has really declined. I think he might even get taken in the 6th round.

Depending on the combine. With his mechanics I feel like his stock will rise.

Back
Top Bottom