What Rule Changes Would You Like to See....Miami Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Rule Changes Would You Like to See....Miami Edition

All penalties should be instantly reviewed at the NFL head quarters via replay...If its obviously right...play on...if its in question place 2 minute clock for further review. The Refs have already affected too many outcomes this season. The Packers should have lost to Detroit except for Zebra interference handing them the game.

id surplant inside kicks with a 4th and 10 scenario. give teams a real chance to retain possession and add a new thrill to the came. I'd also got got to college ot rules.

id surplant inside kicks with a 4th and 10 scenario. give teams a real chance to retain possession and add a new thrill to the came. I'd also got got to college ot rules.
I'd never support a rule that lets anyone surplant anything. I'm 100% against surplanting things.

So inside kicks... Are you saying you want to get rid of the penalty for kicking the ball out of bounds?

I'm torn both ways. I don't want to see teams just chucking up the long pass in hopes of a interference call and a cheap 40 or 50 yard gain, but I also don't want to see a defender who is being beaten for a long gain just grab a receiver 40 or 50 yards downfield and then the offense oly getting a 15 yard gain either. A team should never be a position of opting to commit a foul because it benefits them.
[/QUOT

I've never heard any complaints from college football fans about the rule.

Calling the current rules more consistently would go a long way with me. For example, the last SB was ruined for me by having the wrong 2 teams get in. In a cruel, but just, twist of fate the NFL got a pretty boring game from what I heard, compared to what KC and NO probably would have displayed.

I’m down with getting rid of the onside kick aswell. Like get one play from your 35 and you have to make it to midfield. If you do get it and there is 2 or more minutes left in the game. You start from your own 25, under 2 minuets to a minute and 1 second start at your 40. If you make it keep it where the ball is at. If you score you get the points, and can try again if needed.

Go back to the pre-2004 illegal contact rules. It's almost comical his easy the game is now for elite QBs and how hard it is to play good defense.

Far be it from me to cape for the Patriots here, but Manning and Polian crying so much about defenders playing defense has changed the game for the worse.

Get rid of kickoffs and extra point kicks.

Also it's about time to replace the first down chains with electronic devices, it's 2019 come on.
I agree on the electronic devices, rather than the chains. If the kickoff rule stays as is might as well get rid of it. Would you still have the two-point conversion, but after every touchdown? That might add some excitement.

The kickoff is a non play now. What’s more, I shake my head when a team gets a holding penalty on a kick that goes out of the EZ - LOL. Like why bother?

The onsides kick thing basically cut the chance of injury in half - just now depends on what half of the field you kick it to. The play stinks now. Did that many people really get hurt on them? If you want to change it make it something else then. Give the offense 1 play from their 25 to get 20 yards. Something hard but enough to raise the conversion chances. Get rid of situational rules - “this is ok at this part of the game but not in the last 5 minutes”. Logic is so flawed. Every play impacts the outcome of the game. Bring back hitting the QB - 75%-80% completion % isn’t fun to watch. Throw in the other 5% where you get PI or D holding and almost every pass play is a positive play. Too much.
Interesting take on the the onside kick. It needs some changing for sure. Also, agree on the quarterback. The protection has gone too far.

This is easy for me. The spot foul pass interference is so antiquated. It was fine in the 70's when teams only threw the ball about twenty times a game and points were hard to come by, but in this era of football the penalty is ridiculous. It should be a 10 or fifteen yard penalty and an automatic first down. It would cut down on the outrage on the ticky-tack pass interference calls that dramatically effect the outcomes of games.
Might have to be a judgement call. This would give the defense the opportunity to "mug" a player if it were a surefire touchdown and just get a 10-15 yard penalty. That rule does annoy me, though.

-Remove defensive holding penalties.

-Penalize cut blocks. (Not just chop blocks)
I don't think defensive holding should be an automatic first down. I hate when it's third and 20 and a ticky tack hold gives the offense a first down. I don't want there to be too many judgement calls because that's when I think the NFL gets into a lot of trouble. But maybe it's a spot foul and a replay of down. In other words, if the hold was 10-yards down the field then it becomes third and 10. If it's beyond the 20-yards, then it would be a first down etc.

All penalties should be instantly reviewed at the NFL head quarters via replay...If its obviously right...play on...if its in question place 2 minute clock for further review. The Refs have already affected too many outcomes this season. The Packers should have lost to Detroit except for Zebra interference handing them the game.
Officiating is so bad right now. I think your idea is a good one, but would have to look at speed of play. How much would that slow the game down?

1. Get rid of “half the distance to the goal” offensive penalties. If you’re backed up at your 5 yard line on 1st and 10 and get called for holding, it then needs to be 1st and 20 with the first down marker moved forward to the 25 yard line. Why should penalties be less impactful just because of where the LOS is?

2. Spiking the ball to stop the clock is technically intentional grounding, but it’s not treated as such because of the context of the play. If a QB is about to get sacked and throws the ball down at his feet, nobody calls that an incomplete pass.

Back
Top Bottom