What Should the Blueprint Be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Should the Blueprint Be?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Looking at the AFC and, specifically the teams that made the playoffs, Miami has to compete with some amazingly talented quarterbacks.

Mahomes has led Kansas City to its sixth straight conference title game, despite an offense that lacked at the wide receiver position.

Jackson was phenomenal in Baltimore, taking his game to another level. Stroud had one of the best rookie seasons I can remember. And Josh Allen is certainly someone the Dolphins can't seem to beat.

So, how do you compete? Obviously, Tua at his best is a good quarterback and I don't want to turn this into a "get rid of Tua" thread. Do any of us see that as a real possibility?

Anyway, it got me thinking about those NY Giants teams that beat the Patriots in a couple of super bowls. Eli Manning certainly wasn't as good as Tom Brady.

The Giants strength, being able to rush from the inside/middle, matched up well with New England. That New York team had a lot of pass rush talent and tackled well.

Maybe that should be the Dolphins focus? They actually have a great start there with Wilkins and Seiler at DT. Both can wreck havoc in the middle.

Not saying to ignore the obvious issue on the offensive line, but how else is Miami going to compete?

Looking at the AFC and, specifically the teams that made the playoffs, Miami has to compete with some amazingly talented quarterbacks.

Mahomes has led Kansas City to its sixth straight conference title game, despite an offense that lacked at the wide receiver position.

Jackson was phenomenal in Baltimore, taking his game to another level. Stroud had one of the best rookie seasons I can remember. And Josh Allen is certainly someone the Dolphins can't seem to beat.

So, how do you compete? Obviously, Tua at his best is a good quarterback and I don't want to turn this into a "get rid of Tua" thread. Do any of us see that as a real possibility?

Anyway, it got me thinking about those NY Giants teams that beat the Patriots in a couple of super bowls. Eli Manning certainly wasn't as good as Tom Brady.

The Giants strength, being able to rush from the inside/middle, matched up well with New England. That New York team had a lot of pass rush talent and tackled well.

Maybe that should be the Dolphins focus? They actually have a great start there with Wilkins and Seiler at DT. Both can wreck havoc in the middle.

Not saying to ignore the obvious issue on the offensive line, but how else is Miami going to compete?
Not being strong up the middle contributed heavily to this offense stalling out. We don't have the people to do it, we need maulers and murderers (no...not literally). I personally think you're on the right track, because I see it the same...and the OL would be critical to it, not an afterthought.

Not being strong up the middle contributed heavily to this offense stalling out. We don't have the people to do it, we need maulers and murderers (no...not literally). I personally think you're on the right track, because I see it the same...and the OL would be critical to it, not an afterthought.
And not having a third target after waddle and reek exposed a reliance on them. Any good defense took them out of the equation and we couldn’t counter.

Just do what they did the first part of the season when we got to 9 and 3 not what we did the last few games

Stay healthy

Skip the celebrations and focus on football

No more Hard Knocks

That should do it

I know what the blueprint “should” be, but going into year three with a potentially lame duck coach, QB, and GM, I think they are just hoping and praying things get better without wholesale philosophical changes and have a few less injuries and some lucky breaks down the stretch.

100% on the better OL and outlet TE. It’s no coincidence the 3 best teams, Chiefs, Ravens, and 49ers have the best 3 TEs.

Bills moved up to pick Kincaid in 1st round last draft. His rookie production dwarfed Smythe’s 6th year and his best catches and yards.

Then again, Grier said before 2023 started that the fans were more worried about OL and TE than they were… so…

Positional value, I keep hearing all these people that want to overdraft a TE. That is the way you become the Falcons.

OL is right behind QB in my opinion. Skill players are great, but they are only good if the OL is good. My #1 target for this draft is Amarius Mims. Get that stud LT for the next decade.

Edge is very importan, but we have Chubb and Phillips. I would keep AVG if the price is reasonable. Let Wilkins walk, too much money. Use that second round pick to draft a stud DT.

I don't think the Giants formula is the way to go, both their playoff runs they just happen to have caught fire in the playoffs.
Their defensive line played out of their mind in the first super bowl in 2007.
Trust McDaniel continues to progress as a playcaller and Fangio's defense clicks earlier in the season.
I do believe we're closer than we give ourselves credit.

I dont think the Dolphins are going anywhere as currently constructed. I don't think Tua is good enough and I dont think our OL is good enough and I dont think our defense is good enough.

I think in this day and age you need a QB who has mobility. I would trade for Justin Fields. While he might have a lower floor than Tua I believe he has a much higher ceiling if McD can tailor his offense to his strengths and we can improve our other deficiencies.

100% on the better OL and outlet TE. It’s no coincidence the 3 best teams, Chiefs, Ravens, and 49ers have the best 3 TEs.

Bills moved up to pick Kincaid in 1st round last draft. His rookie production dwarfed Smythe’s 6th year and his best catches and yards.

Then again, Grier said before 2023 started that the fans were more worried about OL and TE than they were… so…
If it wasn't for Ross's stupid tampering we could have drafted Kincaid or LaPorta. Our offense desperately needs that type of pass catching TE to take the pressure off Tua and how teams are defending Hill and Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom