What teams original logo is better than their current? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What teams original logo is better than their current?

you’re sitting there with a straight face and telling me that garbage cartoon logo and cartoon looking uniform Marino has on is better than the uniform Tua is wearing? Lol it’s not even the same planet.

While I'm not a fan of the Marino version pants, I think the older jersey and helmet look 10x better.

This is so true. I remember when Denver changed from their old logo in the 90’s to the current one and everyone thought it was awful. Then Elway won a couple of SB’s and it didn’t look so bad. :shrug:
That's another reason Miami's classic uniforms look so great. Some of us remember winning championships in those.

I much prefer the Dolphin's current logo. Even as a 40+ year Dolphin fan, I always saw the original logo as an embarrassment. I hated the helmet on the Dolphin. It always reminded me of those helmets on special needs kids. I think of Warren and "franks and beans". The artwork on that logo was also laughably poor. It wasn't done by a professional and it shows. I think it is so obviously poor, but people are blinded by nostalgia. If the logos were switched and the new logo was the original and vice a versa, the same people wishing for the old logo would prefer the new one.

I much prefer the Dolphin's current logo. Even as a 40+ year Dolphin fan, I always saw the original logo as an embarrassment. I hated the helmet on the Dolphin. It always reminded me of those helmets on special needs kids. I think of Warren and "franks and beans". The artwork on that logo was also laughably poor. It wasn't done by a professional and it shows. I think it is so obviously poor, but people are blinded by nostalgia. If the logos were switched and the new logo was the original and vice a versa, the same people wishing for the old logo would prefer the new one.
Never fails. People can't just have a different opinion. They have to be insulted if they don't think exactly like you.

I hated that dumb helmet on the Dolphin, still do. It was a terrible logo then and they could have done better. The new one is a marginal upgrade but it looks like a killer whale humped a dolphin so marginal is the best I can do.

Throw it all out and start over.

The original Buccaneers logo is so bad it's good.

28c221eea6d21336d126eefcfc7383fd.gif

The answer is basically 'all of them.'

All you have to do is look at the old Houston Oilers uniforms (as others have pointed out here) and then the Tennessee Titans to understand just how far professional graphic artistry has fallen in America.

If you want a vision of the future, it's probably not going to be the insane, dogshit Nike CFB one-offs, but rather the absolutely putrid NHL alternate jerseys we've seen this season.

The Dallas Stars actually played in these abominations this season:

lgfBMUD.jpg

It's only going to get worse, folks.

The answer is basically 'all of them.'

All you have to do is look at the old Houston Oilers uniforms (as others have pointed out here) and then the Tennessee Titans to understand just how far professional graphic artistry has fallen in America.

If you want a vision of the future, it's probably not going to be the insane, dogshit Nike CFB one-offs, but rather the absolutely putrid NHL alternate jerseys we've seen this season.

The Dallas Stars actually played in these abominations this season:

lgfBMUD.jpg

It's only going to get worse, folks.
Those look like glow in the dark mini putt jerseys.

This was awesome IMO

1620669624464.png

Many, many years ago, the Patriots were my #2 team because I loved that Minuteman logo. However, even though Miami was, is, and always will be my favorite, I never cared for their dumb logo. IMO it was lame and wimpy, and I was happy when they switched to that cartoon Dolphin; at least he looked somewhat mean! And, I think the current logo belongs on a sign for SeaWorld, not on a football helmet.

Back
Top Bottom