what the hell? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what the hell?

His Dudeness said:
by the way, you know your argument is real weak when the first thing you say about a qb's weakness is his lack of mobility.

Why? You don't feel that mobility, pocket presence, and improvisation is important to playing QB? Just arm strength I guess?

i didnt say anything about pocket presence, just mobility. those are all important, but they are down on the list behind 1. accuracy 2. field vision 3. arm strength..

feeley sat behind donovan mcnabb.. i cant really see how you can fault him for that, is 7 games a good enough indicator on a qb, with no line and no runningback?

call the runningback/system/lack of lineman a cop out and an excuse all you like, the fact is ITS TRUE ALL OF THOSE CRUCIAL NEEDS, WE DIDN'T HAVE.

His Dudeness said:
call the runningback/system/lack of lineman a cop out and an excuse all you like, the fact is ITS TRUE ALL OF THOSE CRUCIAL NEEDS, WE DIDN'T HAVE.

Nor did Miami have a QB.

His Dudeness said:
feeley sat behind donovan mcnabb..

Some would say he sat behind Detmer also. What do you think of Harrington? He sat behind him also.

you keep saying that, yet back it up with nothing.

he started 7 games, his first year starting, with no oline, rb, offensive system. i dont know if he'll be good, or if he'll be the answer, i do know that it is too early to tell.

BlitPhinFan said:
You most certainly do have a right you your own opinion. The fact reamins that you don't have to put someone else down for having a different opinion. Yes, calling anothers' view garbage IS putting them down.

I'm not violating the TOS. I'm attacking the post, not the poster. Mods have emphasized that point for some time now.

His Dudeness said:
you keep saying that, yet back it up with nothing.

he started 7 games, his first year starting, with no oline, rb, offensive system. i dont know if he'll be good, or if he'll be the answer, i do know that it is too early to tell.
:up:

It is most certainly too early to tell in my book as well.

TeeMoney said:
Some would say he sat behind Detmer also. What do you think of Harrington? He sat behind him also.

i think harrington was a terrific college qb and it did oregon well that he started...... try arguing that point.

His Dudeness said:
he started 7 games, his first year starting, with no oline, rb, offensive system. i dont know if he'll be good...

You keep wanting to lay blame at everyone's feet but the QB, then make the caveat that he may not even be a good QB. Why not just say, "everything was bad last year, and seeing that the QB is the most important position on the team, a coach should do his best to improve on and create an aura of competition and responsibility for that position"? It is obvious that you don't have all of your faith in Feeley's skills, but you would rather upgrade everything but his position- and laugh at Saban's attempt at creating that sense of competition and responsibility at the QB position. I find that both strange and fascinating.

His Dudeness said:
i think harrington was a terrific college qb and it did oregon well that he started......

Detmer is a decent back-up also.

what i find stange and fascinating is that you aren't listening. i acknowledged that feeley didn't play great, but i believe he can if put in a healthy situation ie a real system, a real o line, and a real RB.

whats so difficult and unreasonable about that?

byroan said:
I'm not violating the TOS. I'm attacking the post, not the poster. Mods have emphasized that point for some time now.
I was not attacking you. I was just trying to give you another way of perceiving things. I never said you were in violation of the "ToS." I was suggesting other ways to present your views.

If it came across as threat, then I appologize. I was only trying to broaden your view of the world. I fully respect your opinion and your stance, I am mearly tossing up another way to present it.

His Dudeness said:
i believe he can if put in a healthy situation ie a real system, a real o line, and a real RB.

Ah, so Feeley can succeed if he is in a "real" offensive system, with a "real" offensive line, and a "real" RB? If you played QB in that set up even you might be successfull!! :roflmao:

no i wouldn't.

i'm not asking for world class talent, i'm asking for Scott Linehan system, with Hudson Houck running the linemen, and Ronnie Brown.

then, i think feeley can succeed.

TeeMoney said:
Ah, so Feeley can succeed if he is in a "real" offensive system, with a "real" offensive line, and a "real" RB? If you played QB in that set up even you might be successfull!! :roflmao:

I am not trying to come off as smug, but did you ever look at the offensive line Dan the Man had when he wa young? I am by NO means saying that Feeley is the next coming of Marino as that would be obsured. The fact of the matter is he did NOT come intio a new system, with a new offensive line coach, a brand new offensive line(4 new startes at the beginning... 5 at the end), an offensive scheme that was based around a 220+lb back to carry the load... etc.

Feeley is NOT the ideal answer, but I will tell you... from my point of view considering what he came into... he did a decent job. Also couple that with the mis-reads of the NEW backs on certain coverages in the flats? Can you see where and why the interceptions occurred?

Back
Top Bottom