What To Expect When Miami Dolphins Start Spring Practices Tuesday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What To Expect When Miami Dolphins Start Spring Practices Tuesday

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
626139110.jpg

The first of 13 important spring practices begin Tuesday in Davie. Tannehill is planning to participate. But coach Adam Gase has warned this may also be a great opportunity to get a close look at the David Fales-Brock Osweiler backup battle.
In part it’s to evaluate them, but also to ease Tannehill back, as he’s not the type to ever ease himself back into anything.
When Tannehill is under center, he’ll be taking snaps from a new center (Daniel Kilgore), be protected by a new Pro Bowl guard (Josh Sitton), handing off to a new Pro Bowl running back (Frank Gore) and passing to new receivers (Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola) and tight ends (Mike Gesicki and Durham Smythe).
On defense, linebacker Raekwon McMillan had planned to wear a headset and lead Miami’s defense as a rookie. All eyes will be on #52, as he makes his return from a season-ending knee injury sustained on his first and only NFL preseason game play.
The Dolphins have been encouraged by the progress of Tannehill, McMillan and cornerback Tony Lippett (Achilles), and all three will be on the field in some capacity next week. It is still uncertain how much work all three will actually do, however.
So too, we will be watching how Miami’s two rookie tight ends perform, especially when matched up with tight-end stopping rookies Minkah Fitzpatrick and Jerome Baker.
Miami’s organized team activities are closed to the public. But don’t worry. You’re all invited to training camp this summer.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...iami-dolphins-start-spring-practices-tuesday/

It's an exciting time especially coming off a good draft, all eyes will be on the rookies as they should be, but the second and to an extent third year guys need to be scrutinize for sure, I'm really interested to see how players like Godchaux, Harris, and Taylor on that Dline are going to respond after a full year playing in the NFL. McMillan is basically a rookie after being hurt all last year, he had the opportunity to sit, watch and learn while he rehabilitated, he needs to come back and play at a high level, if he can do that our LB unit could be wicked. Tank is ascending. Asiata is the most perplexing for me, we need to see him on the field, our Oline might have been improved this offseason, but the Dolphins need as much help as they can get and Asiata has to step up and contribute.

Third year players just off the top of my head...... Xavier looks like a star period. Tunsil needs to learn how to be a professional.....1.) take care of his body. 2.) read and learn the damn play book, many times last season he looked lost out there. This is his come to Jesus moment...no more excuses. Carroo.....no clue (someone with more knowledge will have to comment on him) He just seems like a waste pick at this time.

... Asiata is the most perplexing for me, we need to see him on the field, our Oline might have been improved this offseason, but the Dolphins need as much help as they can get and Asiata has to step up and contribute.

I don't understand why so many fans have such high expectations on this guy, most 5th rounders don't stick.

You definitely have to be smart with Tanne here and I love the fact that they are planning on giving the back-ups a decent look. Also, I don't know who's out there but if the back-ups aren't getting it done they better not be afraid to bring someone else in.

I don't understand why so many fans have such high expectations on this guy, most 5th rounders don't stick.
The Phins might not expect him to make the pro bowl. but he was suppose to be a good pickup in the 5th round. He needs to at least contribute.

Guess who disagrees
1) Zach Thomas
2)Reshad Jones
3)Bryan Cox
4)Don Strock
5)Jim Kiick
6)Kenny Stills

You better let these 5th rounders know there's no chance they'll stick
Bobby McCain,Tony Lippett,Davon Godchaux

Kam Chancellor
Richard Sherman
Stefon Diggs
Rob Ninkovich
Robert Mathis
Sammy Morris
LaRoi Glover
Rodney Harrison

and hall of famers
Kevin Greene,Mike Webster,and Dick LeBeau

Guess who disagrees
1) Zach Thomas
2)Reshad Jones
3)Bryan Cox
4)Don Strock
5)Jim Kiick
6)Kenny Stills

You better let these 5th rounders know there's no chance they'll stick
Bobby McCain,Tony Lippett,Davon Godchaux

Kam Chancellor
Richard Sherman
Stefon Diggs
Rob Ninkovich
Robert Mathis
Sammy Morris
LaRoi Glover
Rodney Harrison

and hall of famers
Kevin Greene,Mike Webster,and Dick LeBeau

They are the exception, not the rule. Majority of day 3 picks are lucky to last in the NFL beyond their rookie deals.

If Miami had a need, and they said “we aren’t going to address that need until the 5th round” this board would explode. Nobody here would say “that’s perfectly fine, because Reshad Jones was drafted in the 5th round.”

Tannehill should be out there to get comfortable with his new line and receiver...that is all, he does not have to, or should be out there to have to prove himself, give him the reps, then tell him to sit, because Tannehill is too much of a competitor to take it easy out there.

McMillan has to get used to playing in the NFL again, pretty much almost still coming in as a rookie, so depending how healthy he is, he might be out there a bit more to start feeling comfortable again. McMillan is supposed to eventually be the QB of the defense, so it's crucial he comes back healthy mentally as well as physically.

As for Lippett, though I think very highly of him, and believe he is fully capable of starting and shutting receivers out, he's not a starter, so he will just need to get his feet wet again, run around, get used to the defense that he was unable to play much of last year, and get himself ready for the season in case he is needed or actually is able to take one of the starting positions away eventually.

They are the exception, not the rule. Majority of day 3 picks are lucky to last in the NFL beyond their rookie deals.

If Miami had a need, and they said “we aren’t going to address that need until the 5th round” this board would explode. Nobody here would say “that’s perfectly fine, because Reshad Jones was drafted in the 5th round.”

I THINK EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THAT

The Phins might not expect him to make the pro bowl. but he was suppose to be a good pickup in the 5th round. He needs to at least contribute.
Similar to the above response, he was a 5th round pick but many fans on this board had valued him around the 3rd and fourth round. So in their eyes, we got a steal in the fifth. That’s why there is increased scrutiny and anticipation for him to play

I'm pretty sure we'll all be a little nervous every time Tannehill steps out on the field. Hoping him and the others can stay healthy this year.

Back
Top Bottom