What To Expect When Miami Dolphins Start Spring Practices Tuesday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What To Expect When Miami Dolphins Start Spring Practices Tuesday

They are the exception, not the rule. Majority of day 3 picks are lucky to last in the NFL beyond their rookie deals.

If Miami had a need, and they said “we aren’t going to address that need until the 5th round” this board would explode. Nobody here would say “that’s perfectly fine, because Reshad Jones was drafted in the 5th round.”

That's one extreme. The other extreme is "let's not bother picking players after round three. They're likely to fail anyway."

Truth is somewhere in the middle, which is why people have expectations for 5th round picks.

Curious what happens with Lippett. Seems like hes been kinda "overtaken by events" but was making some nice plays before he went down. Dare I say we are stacked at CB, or DB in general?

This is practice in shorts and t shirts. Can't tell much of anything until the pads go on.

I think we can tell how well players have learned their assignments. This is actually the point where our coaching staff will start separating the talkers from the doers. It will show how effective or ineffective going for high levels of character will turn out. For me, I'm betting that the high character players will have outpaced the others by the end of the first few weeks of the OTA's.

That's one extreme. The other extreme is "let's not bother picking players after round three. They're likely to fail anyway."

Truth is somewhere in the middle, which is why people have expectations for 5th round picks.

Understood, but the expectations for a 5th round pick should be making the team, not saving the Oline. If he exceeds expectations, then great. But if he never earns a second contract, he’s right in line with the majority of late round picks.

Back
Top Bottom