What To Expect When Miami Dolphins Start Spring Practices Tuesday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What To Expect When Miami Dolphins Start Spring Practices Tuesday

Raekwon McMillan - LB - Dolphins
Dolphins MLB Raekwon McMillan (knee) has been cleared for OTAs.

McMillan missed his entire rookie season to ACL surgery. He'll likely be limited for next week's workouts, but continues to trend in the right direction. McMillan should be close to 100 percent for training camp.

Guess who disagrees
1) Zach Thomas
2)Reshad Jones
3)Bryan Cox
4)Don Strock
5)Jim Kiick
6)Kenny Stills

You better let these 5th rounders know there's no chance they'll stick
Bobby McCain,Tony Lippett,Davon Godchaux

Kam Chancellor
Richard Sherman
Stefon Diggs
Rob Ninkovich
Robert Mathis
Sammy Morris
LaRoi Glover
Rodney Harrison

and hall of famers
Kevin Greene,Mike Webster,and Dick LeBeau

Obviously 5th rounders can be great players, heck let's go even further and throw kurt warner out there... my point is don't be too disappointed if he never contributes. Was he even active on one of the worst lines in league this year?

Asiata won't be on the 53, and I doubt they bother with him on the PS. The guy just doesn't have the ability to develop NFL caliber movement skills. All the strength in the world doesn't help if you can't move your feet.

Asiata won't be on the 53, and I doubt they bother with him on the PS. The guy just doesn't have the ability to develop NFL caliber movement skills. All the strength in the world doesn't help if you can't move your feet.

Dead on.

From Palm Beach Post (12/17)
If Asiata wants to be in the mix for some of those snaps next year, the coaches have told him he must get faster overall and quicker with his footwork. He needs to “get my feet out of cement,” to use his words. Whether he plays in the Buffalo game or not, he has about eight months to get his play up to the level Miami expects if he wants avoid another season like this.

“I don’t think I could’ve landed with a better team,” Asiata said. “I fit here. I fit in the locker room. I fit in the scheme. Now it’s my turn to turn it up a notch and have a good year next year.”

Obviously 5th rounders can be great players, heck let's go even further and throw kurt warner out there... my point is don't be too disappointed if he never contributes. Was he even active on one of the worst lines in league this year?

disappointment??? I've been a Dolphin fan for 48 years

Dead on.

If Asiata wants to be in the mix for some of those snaps next year, the coaches have told him he must get faster overall and quicker with his footwork. He needs to “get my feet out of cement,” to use his words. Whether he plays in the Buffalo game or not, he has about eight months to get his play up to the level Miami expects if he wants avoid another season like this.

“I don’t think I could’ve landed with a better team,” Asiata said. “I fit here. I fit in the locker room. I fit in the scheme. Now it’s my turn to turn it up a notch and have a good year next year.”
He didn't really seem to "fit" in all that much.

Defensive Tackle who will emerge or who will we pickup to fill the Suh gap..
Those rookie tight ends wiil they be as good as I hope.
Running backs, outside of Drake how much tread is left on our vet free agent pickup.and how good is Ballage.
Offensive line woes finally solved.
RT and that knee is it healed and just how rusty will he be and how long will it take him to get into rythem
Can Rizzi work his magic with the rookie kicker.
Probably the most important IMO is will the new position coaches make the impact this team needs to take the next step.

Let’s get this started. I think we are all ready to see a better product this year. I’m
Looking for energy, explosiveness, teamwork, and creativity.

I bet Asiata would make a good defensive tackle... I think I am joking but serious at the same time.

Dead on.

Weird! I thought his feet were the main reason we drafted him. That’s all I remember hearing. How he’s going to be spectacular at pulling etc.

How did the scouts miss so badly on a guy the touted for his quick feet?

im expecting a hard on cause it means football season is closing in :drool

AS far as Asiata, I hope he shows out and can potentially be a good reserve, maybe even in 2 years replace sitton (think we signed him 2 years), most figure Davis will start at RG which is where I figure Asiata would be penciled in trying for. I really think it would be more between Larson and IA for the backup job, only problem for IA is, TL is more versatile. If he looks good enough he'll prob get stashed on the PS again this year with thoughts of him maybe take TL's spot as reserve in 2019.

I know he slid way down in the draft, we was projected by some I think to be a day 2 pick which was why I was so excited to get him in the 5th. I just think he needs to try to push hard in camp to be the best dang guard he can be, if it doesn't work out for him, he needs to spend time on the practice squad learning another position or two. or like greg said, heck put him at DT, youre feet can be stuck in the cement a little if youre just a strong built run stopper, gap clogger.

But don't overdo Tanne or Kwon, real training camp can be where they get their rhytem in with team. I don't want to read any bad news this week

Asiata needs to keep his weight under control. Showing up to camp at over 340 when he's 6'3" is bad. He may be a player at no more than 320.

Hopefully our medical staff has been upgraded since the Brees/Culpepper decision and Tannehill, MacMillan and Lippett's injuries will be a non issue.

Back
Top Bottom