What we need to change before the next game.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What we need to change before the next game....

We finally blitz and now people don't want to anymore..

:confused:

I agree it's kind of predictable, but how come I'm sitting here watching the damn Eagles do it.

i'm not disagreeing with the blitz, i'm just sayin that we shouldn't blitz too much like the last game...

Originally posted by Regan21286
another thing to add...when u have the lead, don't pass unless Griese's in

sorry... but I have to ask why?

Griese's arm isn't stronger... he hasn't proven to be a better decision maker (in fact, not as good), and he's less mobile...
add to that the fact that he probably knows about 1/2 of the playbook by now, and it just seems silly to consider him as a better alternative at this point.

Nope I am sorry to say, but he has a slightly stronger arm, but what does matter is he packs the ball tight as anybody in the league. Where would he have gotten the chance to prove he is great? Based on what you are saying he is doomed for failure due to the supposed being good in training camp does not matter junk. He picked it up at the end. If the OL gets into high gear he is safe to play and does make better passing decisions. Where do I get that from. I watched him in 2000 and 2001. When he has personnel he makes it work.

Originally posted by Jaj
Nope I am sorry to say, but he has a slightly stronger arm, but what does matter is he packs the ball tight as anybody in the league. Where would he have gotten the chance to prove he is great? Based on what you are saying he is doomed for failure due to the supposed being good in training camp does not matter junk. He picked it up at the end. If the OL gets into high gear he is safe to play and does make better passing decisions. Where do I get that from. I watched him in 2000 and 2001. When he has personnel he makes it work.

ahh yes... the "much better performance in Denver argument."

He had ONE good year with an all-star cast around him...the got run out of town.

I can see how you can call hime the "better" QB based on his "stellar" performance in Denver. :rolleyes:

Then what supposed argument am I suppose to use. Where can you say from that he does not have a better arm, release, and packs the ball tighter?

Originally posted by Jaj
Then what supposed argument am I suppose to use. Where can you say from that he does not have a better arm, release, and packs the ball tighter?

I never said you should use any argument.... I only pointed out that yours was not a good one... it's your job to find a different one if you want to continue... not mine....

numbers don't lie... and it's been shown that over the last two seasons.... Brian's were not very different from Jays...

I don't think it can really be argued. Watch for example Griese game one 2002. Fiedler game one 2002. I mean I watched it atleast five times and Griese throws a bit stronger and much tighter.

Oh I am not saying that Griese should start though. I am merely saying people should not say he sucks so much for no reason.

If we are going by the numbers though then check out his stats in 2001 his worst year. Why is it so low, because of the YPC. That is a heavily WR influenced factor, but even with crappy WRs except for Smith healthy and I am talking worse receivers than what we had, he still had a decent completion percentage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
. I mean I watched it atleast five times and Griese throws a bit stronger and much tighter.

OK...I'll give you that ONE point...let's say he does have a slightly stronger arm....
On that point alone...you'd start Brian over Jay... if Brian were healthy.... this week?

using your same argument....
We should start Sage...his arm is stronger than BOTH Brian and Jays right?

I never said that...

I never ever said Griese should start over Fiedler this year...

Yes Sage's arm is the strongest and he has much potential to be a classic pocket passer with some escape ability most don't know about. I was so happy we got a young QB to raise in our system the day we traded for him. Spurrier you will regret this....

I never said Brian sucked..... re-read my first post..

you will notice that I said "at this time" he should not start, and pointed out the facts that his arm is not much stronger (giving you that point), and that he doesn't make better decisions (ask any Bronco fan) and that Jay knows the offense better "at this point"

Seems we both misunderstood the other. The better decisions I really do no want to get into as that one we could on about for hours.

perhaps you didn't ... however, my first post was responding to this statement
another thing to add...when u have the lead, don't pass unless Griese's in
I realize you didn't make that statement... but you seemed to defend it by jumping in and arguing mine....

ways to get better...

Punk Royals out of town
Keep the Def Coord...He's not the problem
Wanny needs to resign
Teach TACKLEING

Back
Top Bottom