What will be the excuse this week from Gase | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be the excuse this week from Gase

He's dumbing down the playbook so I guess he'll blame the piece of paper for not doing its job

Gase needs to preach more discipline. When your team has double digit penalties for over 100 yards it's pathetic.
prior to last game we were top 10 in the league in limiting penalties. Discipline has not been an issue, we are missing Tannehills deep ball in a bad bad way. Jay has been terrible at them.

What is coach Campbell up to these days...

Bugger all. Unlike Gase who is one of the most respected coaches around. Aside from a few FH posters I suppose

We did miracles with a crap team last year. Its not working out with an even worse O this year? How weird.

We need better, smarter players and an OL that would get a game for a girls high school team. That is your issue if you want to find one.

I have no idea how this roster has won 4 games. Can't imagine what FH would be like if results reflected the way our players have played. Before this staff came along? No way in hell have we got 4 wins.

Gase will get a bye this year because of Tanny.I think any coach who lost his starting QB like he did would get the same from their owner.
He should get a bye for the next 3 years.

2018 - here we come…

Team looks to have maxed out this year…

You could be right and perhaps I have been out in the sun too much, but I think we are looking better on offense. We have a long ways to go and it seems we will always be hamstrung with Cutler when it comes to the intermediate and deep passes, but at least he played somewhat of a complete game against the Raiders. Much, much better than that hot garbage we have seen previously. I know it's not much, but it's something to build on.

I don't think people realize how big a loss Tannehill had been for this offense...
I am actually very skeptical of this:
1. Tannehill has only had one half of a good season. We keep talking like he's Marino waiting in the wings.
2. Will Tannehill suddenly make the O-line better? Will he make the other players learn the playbook? Will he audible out of WR screens whenever Gase calls them? Will he stop throwing 3 yard passes when Gase calls them on 3rd and 7?
3. We have Gase's handpicked, pay him what he wants, unretired to come do this, QB in Cutler. Cutler put up big numbers with Gase before.
I am worried we will be seeing similar issues with Tannehill in there. Maybe not as profound, but still there.

I think there is a balance here. The coach can't just say "welp my players suck I can't do anything here". No that isn't acceptable any more than a player saying "I don't need to work I am good enough".

Gase needs to have a real team meeting, just sit down and talk like men and hammer this thing out. You are going to see a riff between the D and O pretty soon becasue honestly the D isn't playing bad. The offense can't convert a 3rd down to save its ass 31 for 100 31.0%

Sigh Dolphins "Fans"...my-goodness! Adam Gase will be fine. I'm not worried about his ability to turn this team around at all and more specifically get rid of those that aren't willing to take their work home with them and study.

Gase can't block (or hold, or jump early, whatever the case may be). The penalties have to be, at least in part, on the coaching staff. They did seem disproportionate, but that is Goodell's NFL. That's part of the rating slide. IMHO you can't churn the roster and fix everything in 2 drafts, there's just not enough picks, or FA $. That being said, the OL has to be fixed ( a big time TE might help) and that will be Gase's Waterloo if that doesn't happen in '18.

Gase can't block (or hold, or jump early, whatever the case may be). The penalties have to be, at least in part, on the coaching staff. They did seem disproportionate, but that is Goodell's NFL. That's part of the rating slide. IMHO you can't churn the roster and fix everything in 2 drafts, there's just not enough picks, or FA $. That being said, the OL has to be fixed ( a big time TE might help) and that will be Gase's Waterloo if that doesn't happen in '18.

Correct. Everyone sees players they'd like upgraded, but it's unreasonable in one off-season. For me, 2 OGs, one FS, and a power RB as priority.

Back
Top Bottom