What will we do at #55? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do at #55?

LOL I was clamoring for edge rushers months ago. And specifically mentioned Chop after talking about the big 3 first.

I wanted Latu the most but wanted any of the big 4.

Do you think coaches give out all conference first team honors to go guys who suck? Do you think he was third team all American because he sucked? Dude made QBs dump the ball instantly with his high win rate. Sacks are a couple plays here and there. Go watch some film.

Additionally i am Ohio State fan living in Oenn State country. Heard enough Lioms fans rave about him.

You basically just told everyone you don’t watch enough college to even have an opinion.
I agree ☝

LOL I was clamoring for edge rushers months ago. And specifically mentioned Chop after talking about the big 3 first.

I wanted Latu the most but wanted any of the big 4.

Do you think coaches give out all conference first team honors to go guys who suck? Do you think he was third team all American because he sucked? Dude made QBs dump the ball instantly with his high win rate. Sacks are a couple plays here and there. Go watch some film.

Additionally i am Ohio State fan living in Oenn State country. Heard enough Lioms fans rave about him.

You basically just told everyone you don’t watch enough college to even have an opinion.
I wanted to see how he played against Ohio State but unfortunately he got a head injury early and went out.
Fans just need to be patient and see how this pans out the next 2 years.

I wanted Latu the most.

Lets dissect your response

SO YOU NAMED A POSITION, AND HE WAS YOUR FOURTH RATED GUY AT THE POSITION. UMMMM OK. LIKE WHO DIDN'T SAY THEY NEED OL, EDGE, DT, WR, ETC. THE FIRST ROUND PICK WAS GOING TO GO TO A POSITION. THAT IS A BLINDING GLIMPSE OF THE OBVIOUS. I WOULD HAVE LIKED THE FIRST ROUND PICK NOT TO BE MY LAST GUY IN LINE FOR THAT PICK AT THE POSITION, THAT MOST PEOPLE DID NOT EVEN HAVE AS THEIR BIGGEST POSITION OF NEED, WHICH WAS OL. I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER YOU SAYING YOU WANTED LATU AND VERSE, NOT THIS GUY, WHO YOU AT LEAST ADMIT YOU HAD LAST IN LINE
Do you think coaches give out all conference first team honors to go guys who suck? Do you think he was third team all American because he sucked?

Do you think coaches give out all conference first team honors to go guys who suck? Do you think he was third team all American because he sucked?
NEARLY EVERY PLAYER THAT GOES IN THE FIRST ROUND IS A HIGHLY THOUGHT OF COLLEGE PLAYER THAT RECEIVED ALL SORTS OF ACCOLADES. JUST LIKE CHARLES HARRIS AND DION JORDAN. AND A LOT OF THESE GUYS TURN INTO BUSTS OR MEDIOCRE PLAYERS. YOU JUST PROVIDED ZERO INSIGHT WITH THIS RETORT.

Dude made QBs dump the ball instantly with his high win rate. Sacks are a couple plays here and there. Go watch some film.
TO SOME DEGREE YOU CAN EXPLAIN AWAY THE LACK OF SACKS. YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN AWAY THE LACK OF BOTH SACKS, AND TACKLES. FOLLOWING ARE SOME COMPARES, NOTICE THE TACKLE NUMBERS AS WELL. THESE GUYS WERE ABLE TO MAKE TACKLES BECAUSE THEY ARE STRONGER, AND DIDNT JUST FLY AROUND THE EDGE AND MISS THE QB. THE HIGH WIN RATE IS MISLEADING TOO IF YOU BEAT THE TACKLE WITH AN INITIAL QUICK MOVE, BUT THEN AS YOU FLY AROUND THE EDGE THEY TAKE ONE HAND AND SHOVE YOU OUT OF THE WAY OF THE QB WHO JUST STEPS UP INTO THE POCKET OR SCAMBLES. THIS IS CALLED DISRUPTING A PLAY IN A NOT TERRIBLY PRODUCTIVE FASHION. PS I CANNOT STAND NERD STATS LIKE "WIN RATE" THAT INVOLVE A LOT OF GUESSWORK. EITHER YOU GET THE QB ON THE GROUND OR YOU DONT. AND YES I UNDERSTAND THE THEORETICAL NOTION OF WIN RATE AND DISRUPTING A PLAY, BUT WATCHING FOOTBALL THERE ARE GUYS THAT DISRUPT THINGS MORE PRODUCTIVELY THAN OTHERS. THE PLAYERS THAT DO IT UP THE MIDDLE ARE OFTEN THE MOST PRODUCTIVE FORM OF DISUPTORS BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY FOR THE QB TO AVOID IT

Parsons, the Dallas Cowboys star, had 109 tackles (42 solo) and five sacks in his final college season as a Penn State sophomore. Garrett had 33 tackles (18 solo), 8.5 sacks, two passes defensed and two forced fumbles in 10 games in his last college season as a Texas A&M junior.

Robinson had 15 tackles and four sacks in 10 games as a Penn State junior last season.

Jaelan Phillips had 45 tackles (21 solo) and eight sacks in 10 games his final year at the University of Miami.

CONGRATS ON BEING AN OHIO STATE FAN AND HEARING ABOUT "LIOMS" FANS RAVING ABOUT THEIR OWN PLAYER

NOT A TERRIBLY EFFECTIVE ARGUEMENT EITHER. BUT I AM GLAD YOU WATCH ENOUGH COLLEGE FOOTBALL TO HAVE HIM AS YOUR 4th RATED DE THAT YOU WERE NOT, SPECIFICALLY NOT CLAMORING FOR THE DOLPHINS TO DRAFT

Last edited:
Using caps throughout response. Why?
To clearly separate my text from his. Common thing to do in the absence of colors. Was not yelling, so no need for any conspiracy theories. Ps in my initial comments when I said "suck" it is an admittedly a somewhat glib way of me saying I did not like the pick. Would think people would understand that colloquialism. Of course there is a chance chop is a good NFL player. Impossible to know. But by the same token, of course there is a chance, statistically greater, that he turns out not to be a great pick. Personally I hated the pick. I am entitled to my opinion. I just call em like I see em. If I liked the pick I would not have been shy about saying so either.

Either OL, Newton, or Franklin (or another receiver with good separation skills) at 55 and I’m happy.
Ad Mitchell..... Ad Mitchell..... Ad Mitchell

jon stewart wish GIF

SO YOU NAMED A POSITION, AND HE WAS YOUR FOURTH RATED GUY AT THE POSITION. UMMMM OK. LIKE WHO DIDN'T SAY THEY NEED OL, EDGE, DT, WR, ETC. THE FIRST ROUND PICK WAS GOING TO GO TO A POSITION. THAT IS A BLINDING GLIMPSE OF THE OBVIOUS. I WOULD HAVE LIKED THE FIRST ROUND PICK NOT TO BE MY LAST GUY IN LINE FOR THAT PICK AT THE POSITION, THAT MOST PEOPLE DID NOT EVEN HAVE AS THEIR BIGGEST POSITION OF NEED, WHICH WAS OL. I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER YOU SAYING YOU WANTED LATU AND VERSE, NOT THIS GUY, WHO YOU AT LEAST ADMIT YOU HAD LAST IN LINE

NEARLY EVERY PLAYER THAT GOES IN THE FIRST ROUND IS A HIGHLY THOUGHT OF COLLEGE PLAYER THAT RECEIVED ALL SORTS OF ACCOLADES. JUST LIKE CHARLES HARRIS AND DION JORDAN. AND A LOT OF THESE GUYS TURN INTO BUSTS OR MEDIOCRE PLAYERS. YOU JUST PROVIDED ZERO INSIGHT WITH THIS RETORT.

TO SOME DEGREE YOU CAN EXPLAIN AWAY THE LACK OF SACKS. YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN AWAY THE LACK OF BOTH SACKS, AND TACKLES. FOLLOWING ARE SOME COMPARES, NOTICE THE TACKLE NUMBERS AS WELL. THESE GUYS WERE ABLE TO MAKE TACKLES BECAUSE THEY ARE STRONGER, AND DIDNT JUST FLY AROUND THE EDGE AND MISS THE QB. THE HIGH WIN RATE IS MISLEADING TOO IF YOU BEAT THE TACKLE WITH AN INITIAL QUICK MOVE, BUT THEN AS YOU FLY AROUND THE EDGE THEY TAKE ONE HAND AND SHOVE YOU OUT OF THE WAY OF THE QB WHO JUST STEPS UP INTO THE POCKET OR SCAMBLES. THIS IS CALLED DISRUPTING A PLAY IN A NOT TERRIBLY PRODUCTIVE FASHION. PS I CANNOT STAND NERD STATS LIKE "WIN RATE" THAT INVOLVE A LOT OF GUESSWORK. EITHER YOU GET THE QB ON THE GROUND OR YOU DONT. AND YES I UNDERSTAND THE THEORETICAL NOTION OF WIN RATE AND DISRUPTING A PLAY, BUT WATCHING FOOTBALL THERE ARE GUYS THAT DISRUPT THINGS MORE PRODUCTIVELY THAN OTHERS. THE PLAYERS THAT DO IT UP THE MIDDLE ARE OFTEN THE MOST PRODUCTIVE FORM OF DISUPTORS BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY FOR THE QB TO AVOID IT

Parsons, the Dallas Cowboys star, had 109 tackles (42 solo) and five sacks in his final college season as a Penn State sophomore. Garrett had 33 tackles (18 solo), 8.5 sacks, two passes defensed and two forced fumbles in 10 games in his last college season as a Texas A&M junior.

Robinson had 15 tackles and four sacks in 10 games as a Penn State junior last season.

Jaelan Phillips had 45 tackles (21 solo) and eight sacks in 10 games his final year at the University of Miami.

CONGRATS ON BEING AN OHIO STATE FAN AND HEARING ABOUT "LIOMS" FANS RAVING ABOUT THEIR OWN PLAYER

NOT A TERRIBLY EFFECTIVE ARGUEMENT EITHER. BUT I AM GLAD YOU WATCH ENOUGH COLLEGE FOOTBALL TO HAVE HIM AS YOUR 4th RATED DE THAT YOU WERE NOT, SPECIFICALLY NOT CLAMORING FOR THE DOLPHINS TO DRAFT
Calm down Francis
Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

To clearly separate my text from his. Common thing to do in the absence of colors. Was not yelling, so no need for any conspiracy theories. Ps in my initial comments when I said "suck" it is an admittedly a somewhat glib way of me saying I did not like the pick. Would think people would understand that colloquialism. Of course there is a chance chop is a good NFL player. Impossible to know. But by the same token, of course there is a chance, statistically greater, that he turns out not to be a great pick. Personally I hated the pick. I am entitled to my opinion. I just call em like I see em. If I liked the pick I would not have been shy about saying so either.
The best part of Nfl draft is no one really knows anything about who will be good..great..or crap.

You’re right. Our FO and all the big ten 10 coaches aren’t as smart as someone who assesses football solely by box scores.

On positive side I didn't have to put on my reading glasses to read your post.😂

Yes, Aaron Brewer from Tennessee. He's very athletic but also relatively light for a center. If Brewer comes good, that's great. If he doesn't, we have an alternate path for a key position. I guess I don't yet have the full confidence in Brewer, I've only seen some of the highlights. I felt that it was significant that the Titans having developed him, didn't offer the cash to keep him in Nashville.
They didn't keep him because he is a below average lineman and they knew it! But here come the Dolphins thinking they can make chicken salad out of chicken ****...

Back
Top Bottom