What will we do at #55? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do at #55?

So what if we don’t address it in the draft but then sign one of the available free agent linemen out there. Is the draft still a failure?

FA linemen? Risner's a band-aid who's coming off a major injury and still wants to get paid. There's a damned shortage of quality linemen in the whole league. You don't fix the biggest problem on the team, the one that was the biggest contributor to the offense's collapse at the end of last year, it's a giant ******** failure.

I stand by what I said.

FA linemen? Risner's a band-aid who's coming off a major injury and still wants to get paid. There's a damned shortage of quality linemen in the whole league. You don't fix the biggest problem on the team, the one that was the biggest contributor to the offense's collapse at the end of last year, it's a giant ******** failure.

I stand by what I said.
No doubt it played a part but so did rolling out Edges/LBS in the playoffs/down the stretch that are older than me.

I don't agree. Not filling the biggest damn need on the team doesn't prove his point at all. If he picks something other than IOL in the 2nd, this draft is a complete failure, IMO. We're gonna have the same disastrous OL play at the end of the year and watch the offense fall apart all over again.

Yeah, I'm bloody ****ing furious.
That's not how you build a roster though, drafting for need just because it's the biggest hole in the 1st is usually the wrong move unless it's QB. Taking Barton in the 1st to play guard then having nothing at edge at #55 is way worse than taking the best athlete at edge then still having the option to take a really good interior OL at #55.

That's not how you build a roster though, drafting for need just because it's the biggest hole in the 1st is usually the wrong move unless it's QB. Taking Barton in the 1st to play guard then having nothing at edge at #55 is way worse than taking the best athlete at edge then still having the option to take a really good interior OL at #55.

I completely disagree. You get players that you NEED. And it's not true that they don't have anything at edge before yesterday. They had more at edge than they have at guard.

If they don't fix the OLine, you're going to watch the offense collapse in December AGAIN. Band-aids aren't going to do the damned job.

Respectfully disagree on your order. I would go OL, WR, S, DT. :ffic:
I think our dline is in even worst shape that the oline Wilkins and vgk are gone and jp and chubbs injured. Hope I'm wrong but I expect them back 100 percent by late in the season. 4 starters out. Other that a couple of good move one the tampa bay edge rusher, we replaced them with backups. We are in worse position than last year defensively.....

Tua will do his thing quick release and stay healthy again and we did opened some massive holes for the running game last year. Honestly I think we will be ok offensively.

Who do you stop ?if we are missing 4 starters edge rushers on defense. And also your other star corner. Make that 5 starters. And replace them with backups.

Just hope everything turns out ok.

I think Grier has targeted some other players they want and will try and trade up to grab one. My gut tells me OL or somewhere on offense. However, if we are not able to trade up and we pick at #55 I want T'Vondre Sweat (DT). I would be surprised if we picked him, but nevertheless, that's a guy who I am hoping for. I can see our front 7 being something special with him after everybody comes back healthy and we are cooking with gas.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/t-vondre-sweat/32005357-4503-6191-3121-111b51ed5d1a

I would have taken Guyton or Morgan there... probably Guyton. That said, I don't hate the pick; I honestly think there's a good chance that Chop becomes a truly feared pass rusher-- so the pick was worth the risk.

That said... Armstead and Wynn are MAJOR injury risks and an aging Lamm, and former UDFAs/7th rounders like Smith, Jones, and Hayes do not inspire confidence.

My board for 55 is 95% Offensive Linemen. Yes, we need a safety, yes we could use a tall WR, yes there are going to be some nice DTs there... but we NEED an Offensive Lineman that actually has developmental upside.

I'd prefer a Tackle like Amegadjie, Sumataia, or Paul... but the true Guards could be a good choice as well.

I'm willing to spend this year with a 7 man DL rotation... (we brought in good players). I'm willing to take a third day safety... but we really NEED to start thinking about obtaining some linemen who'll be here longer than one year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom