What would you do if Saban passed on Cutler? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do if Saban passed on Cutler?

...great thread. first, i'd be disappointed but i'd trust the boss(es). second, i find it very curious that the same people that call cutler overrated and risky at #16 come out immediately and now say croyle in the second or whitehurst in the third. that would be croyle at 48th overall? huh? isn't that the same hype maching that's pushing cutler up, now it's pushing croyle and whitehurst? very soon i'll be reading posts that will have croyle in round one, whitehurst in round two. third, if it's possible to draft a qb in later rounds and find a diamond in the rough, isn't it possible to do the same at other positions? why can't we address the secondary, the o-line or lb after rounds 1 or 2? fourth, yes - a speed receiver would be excellent. not sure about getting one in the first, and maybe there's a better chance getting one if FA.

cowtowndick said:
.. very soon i'll be reading posts that will have croyle in round one, whitehurst in round two.

Trust me, they're already here.

fishypete said:
D...and expect Croyle in the 2nd round.

brutal - how can you say cutler is overrated as the #16 then say croyle is the pick to make in the second? horrible.

I'd be more than happy with Croyle in the 2nd, especially if that allows us to grab a top defensive prospect like [Huff/Greenway/J.Williams] in the 1st, honestly don't think thats a reach at all, then we can draft the best available O-lineman in the 3rd...just my opinion however...

Unless someone better is there just sit there & shake my head, then criticize him in three years like I do Wanny for messing up the Hasselbeck trade, & passing on both Brees & Simms.

finfan54 said:
You have Greenway and Cutler sitting there at 16. Saban takes Greenway. What on earth do you do sitting there at home? Do you:

A) Jump up and scream at the TV in total whacked out oblivion of hatred for Saban or:

B) Jump up and high five the guy next to you cus you know you just got the one guy who will make your defense great for years to come.

c) Sit there in shock with your jaw open, speechless.

D) Sit there quietly with a smile on your face cus you knew the whole time.

I would be disappointed, until the 2nd or 3rd round when he took another QB. I am overall confident in the org's ability to pick up a good QB. I don't think they would pass on Cutler though.

Back
Top Bottom