What would you do if Saban passed on Cutler? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do if Saban passed on Cutler?

Can anyone tell me about Croyle? I've never really seen him play and wonder what kinda arm he has.

Heck I'd be happy. I guess if Saban didn't draft him there would be a good reason. I'm not to keen on picking a Qb with our 1st anyway. Leinart and Young won't be avaliable anyway and Cutler well he has all the tools but so did alot of other college QB's and they never made it in the NFL. Lets just say if we draft Cutler from what I've seen he needs a whole bunch of work and time and then who knows.

it depends on who he took in place of cutler. if huff is there, i wouldn't mind that. i think both players have pretty equal upside. however, huff is a guy who will be the troy palamalu of our defense. cutler is more of a risk. greenway is another "acceptable" pick. now if we draft santonio holmes or something, then i'd have to question saban's pick.

Juan Cribbs said:
it depends on who he took in place of cutler. if huff is there, i wouldn't mind that. i think both players have pretty equal upside. however, huff is a guy who will be the troy palamalu of our defense. cutler is more of a risk. greenway is another "acceptable" pick. now if we draft santonio holmes or something, then i'd have to question saban's pick.

Why would you question Saban selecting Holmes? It's not like the Dolphins don't have a great need at receiver...and Holmes does have talent.

fishypete said:
Why would you question Saban selecting Holmes? It's not like the Dolphins don't have a great need at receiver...and Holmes does have talent.
i don't think holmes is that great of a player, certainly not enough to take #16 overall. secondly, we really don't have such a need at receiver where we would take a reach like that. third, we need young players on defense. bringing in holmes to compete for the #2 receiver just doesn't make too much sense when we can bring in another player in the later rounds to do the same thing.

I would be a little disappointed. I would only be angry if QB was ignored until the late rounds or was ignored altogether.

Juan Cribbs said:
i don't think holmes is that great of a player, certainly not enough to take #16 overall. secondly, we really don't have such a need at receiver where we would take a reach like that. third, we need young players on defense. bringing in holmes to compete for the #2 receiver just doesn't make too much sense when we can bring in another player in the later rounds to do the same thing.

We can agree to disagree then...Holmes is one of the few in this draft that has real potential...noticed I use the word potential...lol. After him there's a drop off...Orr has size and speed...but I'm not sure he's ready yet for the big time.

DrAstroZoom said:
I would be a little disappointed. I would only be angry if QB was ignored until the late rounds or was ignored altogether.

Zoom...I would be shocked if the Dolphins didn't draft at least one QB. The only reason would be, if they are sure of Lemon or they know they'll be signing or trading for another younger free agent...even then Mueller won't be able to stop himself by bringing in more QB's to look at...IMHO.

fishypete said:
We can agree to disagree then...Holmes is one of the few in this draft that has real potential...noticed I use the word potential...lol. After him there's a drop off...Orr has size and speed...but I'm not sure he's ready yet for the big time.
holmes has good speed. the overall package isn't that great however. derek hagan is a guy i like. mike hass is another good possession guy. i wouldn't mind seeing a guy like sinorice moss in the 2nd round, as he's the vertical receiver we need on the team. our randle-el, if you will.

until saban proves us wrong in the draft we cant doubt the guyhe aint wanny guys...and he has mueller on his side

With the exception of taking Matt Roth over Charlie Frye, Saban pulled off a great draft for us, so if he feels Cutler ain't the guy after watching him in his conference as a coach for LSU then I would be fine with it since we have to assume he knows Cutler better than most scouts. However you should add to that question whether we picked up a free agent QB like McCown prior to the draft. Because if we have a McCown or Ramsey then drafting a QB slips in necessity. By the way if he wasn't interested in Cutler, I don't think he would've taken him out to dinner with Mularkey during Senior Bowl week

adamprez2003 said:
With the exception of taking Matt Roth over Charlie Frye, Saban pulled off a great draft for us, so if he feels Cutler ain't the guy after watching him in his conference as a coach for LSU then I would be fine with it since we have to assume he knows Cutler better than most scouts. However you should add to that question whether we picked up a free agent QB like McCown prior to the draft. Because if we have a McCown or Ramsey then drafting a QB slips in necessity. By the way if he wasn't interested in Cutler, I don't think he would've taken him out to dinner with Mularkey during Senior Bowl week

exactly, couldn't have said it better myself...:D

Juan Cribbs said:
holmes has good speed. the overall package isn't that great however. derek hagan is a guy i like. mike hass is another good possession guy. i wouldn't mind seeing a guy like sinorice moss in the 2nd round, as he's the vertical receiver we need on the team. our randle-el, if you will.

The last thing we need is another slow possession receiver...speed kills and wins games. I like Moss...but he's so darn light...a strong Southernly wind would blow him over...and forget the wind up in Buffalo. 183 lbs is kinda light in the pants...and at 5077...I'm not sure he has the frame to add much more weight.

Back
Top Bottom