What would you do if Saban passed on Cutler? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do if Saban passed on Cutler?

DrAstroZoom said:
I would be a little disappointed. I would only be angry if QB was ignored until the late rounds or was ignored altogether.
In theory, we have already used a 6th rounder for Lemon...so, by definition the QB position has not been ignored.

Drafting a QB will directly correlate to what we do with that position in Free Agency...and rightly so.

adamprez2003 said:
With the exception of taking Matt Roth over Charlie Frye, Saban pulled off a great draft for us, so if he feels Cutler ain't the guy after watching him in his conference as a coach for LSU then I would be fine with it since we have to assume he knows Cutler better than most scouts. However you should add to that question whether we picked up a free agent QB like McCown prior to the draft. Because if we have a McCown or Ramsey then drafting a QB slips in necessity. By the way if he wasn't interested in Cutler, I don't think he would've taken him out to dinner with Mularkey during Senior Bowl week

I wouldn't make too much of anything thats done by Saban...remember Edwards...didn't he also get a free meal on Saban last year? No GM or Headcaoch is going to reveal his hand this early...not unless he has the first pick in the draft...right?

fishypete said:
I wouldn't make too much of anything thats done by Saban...remember Edwards...didn't he also get a free meal on Saban last year? No GM or Headcaoch is going to reveal his hand this early...not unless he has the first pick in the draft...right?

It's not definite that he wants Cutler over other players, agreed. Remember that we still have the Combine which will probably solidify everyone's position. Right now people are still moving up and down but after the combine positions in the draft tend to stabilize and there tend to be very few surpriases come draft day

fishypete said:
The last thing we need is another slow possession receiver...speed kills and wins games. I like Moss...but he's so darn light...a strong Southernly wind would blow him over...and forget the wind up in Buffalo. 183 lbs is kinda light in the pants...and at 5077...I'm not sure he has the frame to add much more weight.
posession receivers are very valuable. just ask the patriots.

Juan Cribbs said:
Well then we need Chad Jackson. After a trade with Denver perhaps?

Juan Cribbs said:

We need speed receivers...if anything happened to Chambers...the offense is done...Booker wouldn't scare anyone with his speed...and whom do you replace Chambers with? Without the spped outside...the secondary can cheat up and help with the run. We don't need another 2004 season.

finfan54 said:
You have Greenway and Cutler sitting there at 16. Saban takes Greenway. What on earth do you do sitting there at home? Do you:

A) Jump up and scream at the TV in total whacked out oblivion of hatred for Saban or:

B) Jump up and high five the guy next to you cus you know you just got the one guy who will make your defense great for years to come.

c) Sit there in shock with your jaw open, speechless.

D) Sit there quietly with a smile on your face cus you knew the whole time.

probably D, b/c if greenway/williams/huff are there at 16, screw cutler; i want one of those guys. brodie croyle in the 2nd round will do me just fine.

Juan Cribbs said:
jackson could be there in the 2nd, no?
Could be, but doubtful, after the week Hagan had at the senior bowl I could see CJ being the 2nd WR off the board.

Got a feelin we got as good of a chance picking a young QB out of Free agency.I think that there may be a few who present the same kind of risk or less, then picking Cutler at 16.
Then we will be free to add a OL,DB,or best player available.

PhinstiGator said:
In theory, we have already used a 6th rounder for Lemon...so, by definition the QB position has not been ignored.

Drafting a QB will directly correlate to what we do with that position in Free Agency...and rightly so.

You have NOTHING to fear...Saban is NOT Wanny.:D

fishypete said:
We need speed receivers...if anything happened to Chambers...the offense is done...Booker wouldn't scare anyone with his speed...and whom do you replace Chambers with? Without the spped outside...the secondary can cheat up and help with the run. We don't need another 2004 season.

Pete,
For ONCE we agree on something. A speed receiver would help a lot!

Back
Top Bottom