Whatever happened to Jake Scott? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever happened to Jake Scott?

Last I heard he and Miami were still talking. I haven't seen where he signed with another team. Could it be the reason things have gone quiet is Miami and Scott have a deal in place but are waiting to announce it because Miami is attempting to restructure Wake and Long to get the deal done :idk:

We dont sign starters anymore lol just other teams backups

Jake Scott...........
POW-1.gif

Sounds like nothing will happen with Scott until after the draft. Dolphins won't sign him unless they don't fill the position in the draft.

And drafting 1st round OL is how we end up with Chad Henne's and John Beck's

I do not disagree and QB should be first but RT shouldnt be looked at like its a position that can be filled every year with some late pick. Jimmy Johnson took that small RB that one year and said no to the tackle and the tackle played for 5-6 years as a starter and the Rb was gone after one season.

Winston or Marshall?

I think I would rather have Winston and then pick up Boyton CB in the third round.

Esp when Marshall has a history of not being very good in coverage as a CB.

Yeah, you're right! According to Pro Football Focus he was only the #4 CB in the NFL in contested passes! And top 5 again in QB rating against! What a bum!

It's like people on FH just make **** up

Yeah, you're right! According to Pro Football Focus he was only the #4 CB in the NFL in contested passes! And top 5 again in QB rating against! What a bum!

It's like people on FH just make **** up

I said a history. That is defined as more than one season. You do realize he was a starting cb for Carolina before last season. Also I could care less about Pro football focus esp when its strange ratings sometimes have people like Joe Berger being rated highly. There are alot of flaws in taking pro football focus as bible on a player. Marshall was torched year after year in Carolina thats the history I was speaking of not the 9 games he started last year which not all were at cb since he took over for Kerry Rhodes when he was injured. So get excited about the focus ranking of Marshall based on one season and I will rate what I think of him on his career as a starting cb which is not very awesome

I do not disagree and QB should be first but RT shouldnt be looked at like its a position that can be filled every year with some late pick. Jimmy Johnson took that small RB that one year and said no to the tackle and the tackle played for 5-6 years as a starter and the Rb was gone after one season.

I posted this in another topic 2 weeks ago...

Saints starting o-line:
Bushrod- 4th round
Carl Nicks- 5th round
De La Puente- undrafted
Evans- 4th round
Strief- 7th round

Packers o-line:
Clifton-2nd round
Lang-4th round
Wells-7th round
Sitton-4th round
Bulaga- 1st round

Dolphins o-line:
Long-1st round
Incognito- 3rd round
Pouncey- 1st round
Carey- 1st round
Colombo- 1st round

The consistant playoff teams are successful because they spend high draft picks on players who can make plays. If you have a capable QB, some playmakers on offense, and a solid defense, you dont need pro bowl players across your entire line

well could already have a winston but they spent that money on a guy like Marshall who is nothing special

You are comparing apples and oranges.. Winston would cost 3 times as much and we needed someone (a veteran presence) to replace Will Allen.

Back
Top Bottom