Whatever happened to Jake Scott? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever happened to Jake Scott?

Columbo is Sparano's baby... Sparano was the O-line coach in Dallas and he knew Columbo and probably his family as well. Ireland was influenced by Sparano to make this stupid transaction...
Agree with this, can't really blame Ireland for getting in the players the coaches want.

You are comparing apples and oranges.. Winston would cost 3 times as much and we needed someone (a veteran presence) to replace Will Allen.

we should just fill the whole roster with veteran presences' and see how far we get... at some point, you need to spend money on elite talent... or at least talent that is above average....

we should just fill the whole roster with veteran presences' and see how far we get... at some point, you need to spend money on elite talent... or at least talent that is above average....

I'm sorry, but who have the Packers and Giants signed in the past 5 years that was ELITE talent? I can't think of too many. Yet they both won the Super Bowl

You are comparing apples and oranges.. Winston would cost 3 times as much and we needed someone (a veteran presence) to replace Will Allen.
Is math different where you are/

Winston signed for 4 years 22 million 8.4 guaarnteed

Marshall signed for 3 years 16 million 6 million guaranteed

basically the same money except Winston has been a very good tackle while Marshall has been an up and down dback.
Nickel corner or possible safety was less of a need and shouldnt cost the same.
YOu were way wrong on cost.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

I'm sorry, but who have the Packers and Giants signed in the past 5 years that was ELITE talent? I can't think of too many. Yet they both won the Super Bowl

Victor Cruz was a pretty damn elite talent last year. Also if you draft as well as these teams have you dont have to but not many teams draft that well and nothing about Ireland has shown me he can

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Also he was referring to spending the same money on a good tackle compared to a db that has been good mainly one year in the league

exactly... for example... I would rather spend the money on eric winston and be set for four or five years at a position.. than sign that no name OL we signed and a nickle db......

spend the money for elite talent.... or fill the roster with a warm body and a pulse....

drafting is a whole other story, a story that apparently is in chinese for this front office and they damn sure aren't bilingual.....

Back
Top Bottom