whats makes you think griese is better then fiedler? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whats makes you think griese is better then fiedler?

Originally posted by lauderdale

So pull Griese if he stuggles and put Fiedler in. No more questions about the starting QB postion the rest of the season.

then it's clear Jay was setup to be benched 9not all season, but for this game), and now we have a bigger situation on our hands. it's not as easy as saying "ok you can play now."

either Jay is the leader on the field or he's not. theres no week to week sitdowns. plus now you have the arguement griese didn't get a fair chance... it's old and boring and the 21 other starters want no part of it. it's only going to cause more problems.

again it's not like NT is going to open the offense up with griese in at QB. we'll still see running plays ever first and 2nd down, and passing on 3rd. Steve Mcnair couldn't do any good in this offense we're running now. no QB past or present is the answer to the current situation.

do we call forget what happened to marino when his offense was stripped into a running and conservative offense? well incase you don't remember it's happening this season.

"What would be so horrible in giving Griese the start on Monday and bringing Fiedler off the bench if he struggles? Use Fielder’s injury as an excuse and put all the questions to bed."

if Griese plays well though it doesnt really put the question to bed, it simply creates a bigger controversy.

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
"What would be so horrible in giving Griese the start on Monday and bringing Fiedler off the bench if he struggles? Use Fielder’s injury as an excuse and put all the questions to bed."

if Griese plays well though it doesnt really put the question to bed, it simply creates a bigger controversy.
griese will never live up to his dads accomplishments and the fans will let him know it. i think it was wrong to bring griese in, in the first place. this could ruin his confidence!:(

Originally posted by dolfan06
griese will never live up to his dads accomplishments and the fans will let him know it. i think it was wrong to bring griese in, in the first place. this could ruin his confidence!:(

not to add every QB will always be compared to marino.

he couldn't handle the pressure in denver with the whole John Elway thing.

Originally posted by i2panzer

not to add every QB will always be compared to marino.

he couldn't handle the pressure in denver with the whole John Elway thing.
its not written in stone, but I think griese will fall on his face here!;)

Yeah, let’s not give Griese a chance and let Fiedler play injured so that he has more of a chance to miss deep throws and throw INT’s. It’s cautious thinking like this that has kept the Dolphins out of the Super Bowl.

Bill Parcells is the best example of what happens when a team gets some balls and the coaches aren’t afraid to bench people after poor performances. Quincy Carter is watching game film right after Cowboys games to make him better as well as a ton of other things. He knows his coach will sit him if he is not playing well. Of course DW probably gives Fiedler the option of doing whatever he wants after a game.

I think Fielder is a tough, smart, hardworking QB, but I don’t think he has the physical tools to take this team deep into the playoffs anymore. Especially with the offensive play calling recently.

Oh well, the point is moot anyway because DW has no balls and would never actually shake things up to see if his team responds.

BTW, I actually would really like to see Fielder play like he did last year but I just don’t think he has what it takes anymore.

ya but you're talking about something completley different. just because we pass almost equal to the run, doesn't mean it's being spread out on every down.

What am I talking about that is completely different? Whether or not it's spread out over every down has nothing to do with it, who cares about that? You said he has only a 30% chance to beat a team. Now please excuse me if I'm wrong, but if he has a 46% chance instead, he still has a 46% chance, any way you want to sLice it up, regardless of which down it is thrown on.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

What am I talking about that is completely different? Whether or not it's spread out over every down has nothing to do with it, who cares about that? You said he has only a 30% chance to beat a team. Now please excuse me if I'm wrong, but if he has a 46% chance instead, he still has a 46% chance, any way you want to sLice it up, regardless of which down it is thrown on.

no... what i said was on first and 2nd down he has about 30% chance of making a throw because thats te % we have passing on those downs. it's as easy as that...

lauderdale- i understand where you're comming from. maybe it will happen or it won't. this thread won't make a difference to Wannstedt.

all i'm asking is WHY give him a chance? we gave lucas a chance and look how great that turned out (2-4). lets no repeat man.

i'm confident fiedler will return to last seasons form (108QB rating the first 6 starts). how can you say he doesn't have the physical tools, then say you hope he can return and be as good as last season? he had the same tools then.

besides you can't give a man a "chance" which is a nice way of saying gamble, when he doesn't know the offense enough to be a starter.

If fiedler can't get it done when miami plays Indy (the game that should open the playbook up a lot) then it becomes obvious a change is needed. but until the playbook gives any QB support they will suffer.

no... what i said was on first and 2nd down he has about 30% chance of making a throw because thats te % we have passing on those downs. it's as easy as that...

lauderdale- i understand where you're comming from. maybe it will happen or it won't. this thread won't make a difference to Wannstedt.

all i'm asking is WHY give him a chance? we gave lucas a chance and look how great that turned out (2-4). lets no repeat man.

i'm confident fiedler will return to last seasons form (108QB rating the first 6 starts). how can you say he doesn't have the physical tools, then say you hope he can return and be as good as last season? he had the same tools then.

besides you can't give a man a "chance" which is a nice way of saying gamble, when he doesn't know the offense enough to be a starter.

If fiedler can't get it done when miami plays Indy (the game that should open the playbook up a lot) then it becomes obvious a change is needed. but until the playbook gives any QB support they will suffer.

Uuuh, since when before now were you only talking about 1st down?????? You had it listed, 70% run on 1st, 60% run on 2nd and 60% PASS on 3rd. Sp tell me what that figures out to be? If you were talking first down only, then leave all the other crap out of it.

Originally posted by lauderdale
Yeah, let’s not give Griese a chance and let Fiedler play injured so that he has more of a chance to miss deep throws and throw INT’s. It’s cautious thinking like this that has kept the Dolphins out of the Super Bowl.

show me where i said i didn't want to see griese play, i wish people would stop making up things for me to say. i said i didn't think griese would make it here.

btw, eat your heart out. i was 26 when the fins went undefeated, the only thing i wish is that they had the internet back then!;)

Uuuh, since when before now were you only talking about 1st down?????? You had it listed, 70% run on 1st, 60% run on 2nd and 60% PASS on 3rd. Sp tell me what that figures out to be? If you were talking first down only, then leave all the other crap out of it.

no i said 1st AND 2nd! read... i always said 3rd down doesn't count because it's been an obvious passing down. ALSO i corrected a mistake. it's about 80% pass on 3rd down. i mis calculated 2nd down running and 3rd down passing. i fixed it.

it's OFFICAL

1st DOWN
run- 70%
pass- 30%

2nd DOWN
run- 60%
pass- 40%

3rd
Run-20% (if you want me to be more accurate it's 21.6)
Pass- 80%

so on first and 2nd down he's getting about a 30% chance to throw the ball. on 3rd down (it's mostly 3rd and longs) we pass and teams KNOW we're going to do that.

PREDICTABLE IS NO FRIEND OF AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER

no i said 1st AND 2nd! read... i always said 3rd down doesn't count because it's been an obvious passing down. ALSO i corrected a mistake. it's about 80% pass on 3rd down. i mis calculated 2nd down running and 3rd down passing. i fixed it.

it's OFFICAL

1st DOWN
run- 70%
pass- 30%

2nd DOWN
run- 60%
pass- 40%

3rd
Run-20% (if you want me to be more accurate it's 21.6)
Pass- 80%

so on first and 2nd down he's getting about a 30% chance to throw the ball. on 3rd down (it's mostly 3rd and longs) we pass and teams KNOW we're going to do that.

PREDICTABLE IS NO FRIEND OF AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER

Whatever. Either way, your point doesn't hold up. if he only has a "30%" on 1 and 2nd down, then all the more reason for him to be sucessful with it. Those are better odds than you can get in Vegas. But i do agree that we are too predictable. Says alot about the confidence level of our coaches on our o and that ain't good.

No Jay can LEAD this team to a super bowl, He cannot CARRY it there. He can be a sign part if he is a component of the offense, but when he has to be the primary playmaker, he has physical limitations that prevent it.

Whatever. Either way, your point doesn't hold up. if he only has a "30%" on 1 and 2nd down, then all the more reason for him to be sucessful with it.
his QB rating is 95 when he does pass on those two downs.

Does anybody think that Fiedler has improve at all in the past 3 years?

NO! He's does nothing better today then he ever has and he still doesn't perform big at the big moments.

Trent Green, Matt Hasselback continue to improve their QB play while we all wait for Jay to miss open receivers and hit defenders in the chest.

It's time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom