whats makes you think griese is better then fiedler? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whats makes you think griese is better then fiedler?

Originally posted by i2panzer
his QB rating is 95 when he does pass on those two downs.

i agree that we should throw it more on 1st and second downs. That will help set up more 3rd and short/ers where we don't have to throw on every 3rd down. There is so much we can do with different formations that we never see. I'm talking different formations with the same people and running basically the same stuff. Nothing tricky in it just different ;looks that keeps the D guessing. When you have a D guessing a little, you catch them back on their heels a bit and most times, that's all that is needed. That split second...........................

Oh, btw, the 95 rating is on 2nd dn only. He's only 71 on 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by FinsOnTop
Does anybody think that Fiedler has improve at all in the past 3 years?

Not particularly, but i will not say he's the sole cause of our problems. While he's not the solution to them either. Fiedler is the kind of QB that plays alot better when the others around him are playing better. He's not the kind that can pick up the team and carry them by himself, never has, never will be but then again, I don't think anyone ever expected that of him. The reason I'm for a change right now is more for next yr than this. We need to see what Griese offers us because we have some tough choices to make this off season as far as the QB position goes.

Does anybody think that Fiedler has improve at all in the past 3 years?

NO! He's does nothing better today then he ever has and he still doesn't perform big at the big moments.

lol good one. i was really laughing.

Clutch 3rd down runs and passes. did you watch least weeks game when he threw to get us into FG position TWICE. i guess not.

has he improved his game in the last 3 seasons? yes! his QB rating has gone up every season. this season it's well below all 3 but theres a reason. we're setting teams up for the harder part of schedule.. we play tougher teams and go into the "doom" months. we should be 5-1 at worst.. not JF problem he can't kick field goals for this team too.

"Run, run, run," said New England defensive lineman Richard Seymour following last weekend's overtime victory at Pro Player Stadium. "On first down, you pretty much just know what (the Dolphins) are going to do, and that's run the ball. I mean, our game plan was based on that assumption."

don't worry.. the true JF will come out soon enough. it won't be this week for 2 reasons. #1 BG may start due to health reasons, and #2 JF has said he doesn't need all the reps because the practice this week is the same it's been all season, using the same gameplan ( that was a "quote from the locker room").

JF can be a very good QB. he's said he knows he's left plays on the field, and will work to fix that. he is very capable of improving into a very good QB. he already is solid. even his picks this season have been deep balls. does he need to work on that? yes, and it showed sunday against the pats when he hit 3 of them.

lol good one. i was really laughing.

Clutch 3rd down runs and passes. did you watch least weeks game when he threw to get us into FG position TWICE. i guess not.

has he improved his game in the last 3 seasons? yes! his QB rating has gone up every season. this season it's well below all 3 but theres a reason. we're setting teams up for the harder part of schedule.. we play tougher teams and go into the "doom" months. we should be 5-1 at worst.. not JF problem he can't kick field goals for this team too.

don't worry.. the true JF will come out soon enough. it won't be this week for 2 reasons. #1 BG may start due to health reasons, and #2 JF has said he doesn't need all the reps because the practice this week is the same it's been all season, using the same gameplan ( that was a "quote from the locker room").

JF can be a very good QB. he's said he knows he's left plays on the field, and will work to fix that. he is very capable of improving into a very good QB. he already is solid. even his picks this season have been deep balls. does he need to work on that? yes, and it showed sunday against the pats when he hit 3 of them.

Passed to get us into FG range TWICE????? With our WRS and OL??? Surely you jest!
If he had helped to put up more than 13 points, the FGs would not be needed. i know, if the OL and WRs were better............. not like they were to get us into FG range tho.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Passed to get us into FG range TWICE????? With our WRS and OL??? Surely you jest!
If he had helped to put up more than 13 points, the FGs would not be needed. i know, if the OL and WRs were better............. not like they were to get us into FG range tho.

ROFLAMO

2nd and goal from the 3: run femi -2 yards

3rd and goal from the 5: fade pattern DT didn't get his feet inbounded BUT was pushed. would have been a TD if he didn't juggle the ball when he landed.

thats 4 missed points!

4th/OT- as soon as we got into the 30 NT called stright running plays.

how soon we forget and blame JF for this offense not scoring points.

game score should have been at LEAST 17-13. maybe even 24-13 if NT called passing plays when we were in the 30.

ROFLAMO

2nd and goal from the 3: run femi -2 yards

3rd and goal from the 5: fade pattern DT didn't get his feet inbounded BUT was pushed. would have been a TD if he didn't juggle the ball when he landed.

thats 4 missed points!

4th/OT- as soon as we got into the 30 NT called stright running plays.

how soon we forget and blame JF for this offense not scoring points.

game score should have been at LEAST 17-13. maybe even 24-13 if NT called passing plays when we were in the 30.

You were ROTFLYAO at this O?? :eek: :eek:

Femi from the 3, yes, questionable, but obviously no blocking.

DTs juggle would've been a touch? You sure or just hoping? Replay on Tivo looks like he's not pushed til he's a little past vertical of the sideline. Doubtful he may have gotten both feet dn if he didn't juggle. Maybe a little bit better thrown ball may have helped?

Using run plays inside the 30 generally is positioning for FG att since that's all that's needed to win. Not the first time the ball was taken out of Jay's hands.

Forget what? Isn't jay the leader of this o? Isn't he the only one that touches the ball on every play? Funny thing about Fiedler. He completes alot of passes, he's god. Throws alot of incompletes, the WRs are bum and can't catch. Fiedler is not known as an accurate passer. It is quite evident in his completions. He completes mostly the short stuff and misses on the longer ones. OK, that's reasonable cuz most QBs will have a lesser % on longer stuff as well. back to the shorter stuff. Completing a high % of passes desn't necessarily mean a guy is a good passer. Ever hear about hitting receiver's in stride?? Where it needs to be? Fiedler ain't all that when it comes to that. If he hit them in stride more, there would be alot more yac. If he did, he may have alot more 250+ gms than he has and along with that a few more TDs and fewer picks as well. That would result in us being in the 24+ ppg range..............but we ain't doin' it.

there are a lot of things this team ain't doin right now and it just ain't fiedler. even on D, where in the hell has taylor been. afraid of messing up his pretty face so he can't be on TV!

i really would like to see BG get a start this monday, wondering if DW has the guts to go for it

Originally posted by DeDolfan

You were ROTFLYAO at this O?? :eek: :eek:

Femi from the 3, yes, questionable, but obviously no blocking.

DTs juggle would've been a touch? You sure or just hoping? Replay on Tivo looks like he's not pushed til he's a little past vertical of the sideline. Doubtful he may have gotten both feet dn if he didn't juggle. Maybe a little bit better thrown ball may have helped?

Using run plays inside the 30 generally is positioning for FG att since that's all that's needed to win. Not the first time the ball was taken out of Jay's hands.

Forget what? Isn't jay the leader of this o? Isn't he the only one that touches the ball on every play? Funny thing about Fiedler. He completes alot of passes, he's god. Throws alot of incompletes, the WRs are bum and can't catch. Fiedler is not known as an accurate passer. It is quite evident in his completions. He completes mostly the short stuff and misses on the longer ones. OK, that's reasonable cuz most QBs will have a lesser % on longer stuff as well. back to the shorter stuff. Completing a high % of passes desn't necessarily mean a guy is a good passer. Ever hear about hitting receiver's in stride?? Where it needs to be? Fiedler ain't all that when it comes to that. If he hit them in stride more, there would be alot more yac. If he did, he may have alot more 250+ gms than he has and along with that a few more TDs and fewer picks as well. That would result in us being in the 24+ ppg range..............but we ain't doin' it.

*sigh* it goes both ways with fiedler and the fans. he's bad to the haters when he's good, and when he's good to the jaybots it's all him. i won't even begin to argue this, it is going nowhere fast.

and that would have been a TD. the ref said no catch and the the announcers said they probably would have said it was a TD if he didn't bobble the ball. so i have no reason to believe it wasn't a TD. still it was a fine pass. it was put in the only place possible.

He's what I figured out all by myself. Jay (much like the Red Sox) is a choke artist. And those who think he can be a champion (much like the Red Sox) are a big joke to the rest of us.:tongue2:

Looks like Griese is on for MNF according to Mandich.

He's what I figured out all by myself. Jay (much like the Red Sox) is a choke artist. And those who think he can be a champion (much like the Red Sox) are a big joke to the rest of us.:tongue2:

Looks like Griese is on for MNF according to Mandich.

lol. my red sox will win the WS next year. they won't lose anyone, and Theo Epstien is the best GM in the MLB.

whatever... this is one of my favorite post. someone who doesn't know anything about baseball, AND doesn't support anything he says except with simple stupidity... *claps* great post man. i think i'll go back away now.

i said i'll support griese if he starts...

lol. my red sox will win the WS next year. they won't lose anyone, and Theo Epstien is the best GM in the MLB.

whatever... this is one of my favorite post. someone who doesn't know anything about baseball, AND doesn't support anything he says except with simple stupidity... *claps* great post man. i think i'll go back away now.

i said i'll support griese if he starts...
other sports ya think!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom