What's our plan at RB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's our plan at RB?

I think Gordon is overrated and someone will overpay for Derrick Henry. I love his game but I would not pay top 5 money for any RB. Just my philosophy but I would also never spend big in FA in addition to using a 2nd round pick just for a RB.

I actually like Gaskin as a committee/backup back and would probably cut ties with Ballage. He is not expensive so I may give him another shot in camp.

If we give up first and second day picks for a QB, I would be hard pressed to draft a RB earlier than round 2 unless Dobbins or Swift fell to round 2. If not, I would probably take a shot at Cam Akers or Zach Moss in the 3rd and possible a complimentary RB in rounds 5, 6 or 7. I like the big guy, AJ Dillon

Like most people, I like Swift, Dobbins, and Traylor if we can get one in the 2nd round. If not one of them in the 2nd, I would look at Akers in the 3rd round. Akers may turn out as good as any of them, just got out of the spot light with FSY struggling lately.

Good cases can be made with taking one early in the draft, picking a FA RB, or just fixing the line and going with a RB by committee, and all of them can work.

The real important part of this is not how they fix the running game, but depending at which route the take, how well do they succeed in getting the right players.

Depends on the draft class, but we've seen some good ones taken in the mid rounds.

Henry was a day 2 pick, along with Cook, Mixon, Kamara etc to name a few.

Now if there was a Saquon-McCaffery potential RB at pick #26 I would think about it but my priority is the offensive line first, then RB.

My plan would have been draft a rb in the 2nd round and another on day 3 of the draft, but if they're going to lose draft assets moving up to get Tua, I might just go with 1 or two day 3 picks and a free agent like Jordan Howard.

Don't care till the season after this one, when Tua is healthy.

I don't feel you can go wrong with any of the RB prospects.

Dream scenario is Swift, Akers, or Dobbins first RB selected either at pick 26 or the first round 2 pick.

Also, Taylor (highly unlikely), or Dillon in round 3.

Darkhorse pick is Eno Benjamin.
Taylor with the higher 2nd rounder would be nice. I also like Dillon

According to how many picks we burn on the QB will determine how we draft. Gotta focus on 2 OT to protect the QB and the a pass rusher if available then look at the RB. So the 3rd round or lower and the a free agent.

According to how many picks we burn on the QB will determine how we draft. Gotta focus on 2 OT to protect the QB and the a pass rusher if available then look at the RB. So the 3rd round or lower and the a free agent.
Why cant we fill a few OL spots in FA?

I'd draft Dobbins at 39 if he's there. I believe he'll be the best RB of this class. I can understand if they want to wait till the 3rd round but I don't want to put this off. Last time we had a great RB was Ricky Williams. Yes a good OL helps but I want a top RB to take some pressure off whichever young QB we draft.

I'd draft Dobbins at 39 if he's there. I believe he'll be the best RB of this class. I can understand if they want to wait till the 3rd round but I don't want to put this off. Last time we had a great RB was Ricky Williams. Yes a good OL helps but I want a top RB to take some pressure off whichever young QB we draft.
Totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom