What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10348823.jpg

Ryan Tannehill knows this much: He’s the starter for the season’s last five games.

Beyond that, nothing is guaranteed.

That’s the takeaway from Tannehill’s Wednesday news conference, when he acknowledged that he has been given no assurances that he will be the Dolphins’ quarterback in 2019.

“Haven’t discussed it,” Tannehill said. “And it doesn’t matter at this point. It’s a matter of going out for this team, winning games and making the playoffs.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222308515.html

This is going to get sticky. Last game we learned that Ryan can still play, but Gase took away Ryan's ability to go win it late in the game. It'll be interesting to watch.

Everyone will be back except:

1) Wake
2) Branch
3) Hayes
4) Brock
5) Everyone on Oline not not named Tunsil or James
6) Burke
7) Harris
8) Parker

This is going to get sticky. Last game we learned that Ryan can still play, but Gase took away Ryan's ability to go win it late in the game. It'll be interesting to watch.
Let's not go overboard with Ryan. Considering he came back from injury it was a good performance but in the overall picture it was a typical Ryan Tannehill performance - average.

In regards to Gase: if he took away "Ryan's ability to win" because he is a bad playcaller he should go. If he took away "Ryan's ability to win" because he doesn't trust Ryan he should go because he sold us a bunch of crap over the last three years.

just dont have the time to post the all 22 like i have in the past. others do and have so far this season done a good job. but i still review it, and the colts game was a major disappointment. gase has taken most of the heat, as he should, but tannehill had a bad game folks. we're talking about a 7th year qb in the 3rd year of a system and there were a lot of plays left out there. we went deep vs a cover 4 shell on 3rd and long from the 39 when a simple dump underneath would have worst case gotten 3 pts. Then we dumped it off too quick when we had protection and plays were there down field. and it wasnt just a play here or there. there were lots. we should have won that game, and both qb and coaching were the biggest reason. at this point, i dont know what is there that you feel confident in bringing either of them back.

just dont have the time to post the all 22 like i have in the past. others do and have so far this season done a good job. but i still review it, and the colts game was a major disappointment. gase has taken most of the heat, as he should, but tannehill had a bad game folks. we're talking about a 7th year qb in the 3rd year of a system and there were a lot of plays left out there. we went deep vs a cover 4 shell on 3rd and long from the 39 when a simple dump underneath would have worst case gotten 3 pts. Then we dumped it off too quick when we had protection and plays were there down field. and it wasnt just a play here or there. there were lots. we should have won that game, and both qb and coaching were the biggest reason. at this point, i dont know what is there that you feel confident in bringing either of them back.

:ponder:

Gase sucks but I'm sorry Tannehill showed nothing close the the statement "he can still play" what about the 2 lane duck throws on 1st and 2nd down at the end of the game. What about the three passes that shoulda been intercepted?

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR TANNEHILL. YOU GUYS ARE DELUSIONAL.

We were sold that we had a quarterback guru that could take Tannehill to the next level and that has been exposed as hype. Tannehill has blatantly hit his ceiling so now the honesty comes in. You want an upgrade at that position. We thought Gase was a two-for. We thought we’d get an elite quarterback out of the deal. Now we know Tannehill is what he has been and Gase is just a guy. Not likely Gase is going to turn our future draft pick up into a Peyton Manning any more than what he was able to do with Tannehill. He really did nothing with him. It’s a tough business and you have to move on in hopes of winning it all. Go for it.

He's going to be back next year. The competition will probably be some veteran like Tyrod Taylor or Trevor Siemian.

It's going to be 2011 all over again.

everybody will be back folks,dont deceive yourselves, and we are going\
to do this one more time again.

Much more likely than not. For one thing, the rest of the schedule is very favorable for a quarterback of Tannehill's caliber.

Low scoring opponents. The Dolphins are averaging 20.3 points per game, which is 25th. But we are 4-0 against teams currently scoring fewer points per game -- the Jets (twice) at 20.1, the Titans at 17.7, and the Raiders at 17.0.

Well, remaining on the schedule are 3 more games against teams below us in points per game -- the Jaguars at 17.9, and twice against the Bills at 14.6.

Dolphins are currently 1-6 against teams above us in that points per game category. The only victory was the fortunate overtime escape against the Bears.

Minnesota is 24.1 and New England is 27.9

I always love simple big picture stuff above frantically dissecting each and every category with one subjective decision after another. Lots of people fool themselves into believing the latter approach is preferable.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

Back
Top Bottom