What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told

Gase sucks but I'm sorry Tannehill showed nothing close the the statement "he can still play" what about the 2 lane duck throws on 1st and 2nd down at the end of the game. What about the three passes that shoulda been intercepted?

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR TANNEHILL. YOU GUYS ARE DELUSIONAL.

This game he gets a pass because we dont truly know how strong his shoulder is or how tired his shoulder got at the end of the game which is why I'm not questioning too much of Gases play calls at the end...

If Gase is here then Tannehill will be here...

My statement, "Ryan can still play" is based on his return from missing those games with a bad shoulder. I wasn't saying he's the answer long term, but he is the answer finishing out this year over Brock. If he was able to remain uncuffed in the 4th quarter, we may have won that game.
We need to draft a qb. Supposedly, Gase can see talent in the position. Hopefully Grier can spot talent as well.

Some things I just don't get...
RT missed a heck of a lot of football and when he returned he was ok his 1st 3 games while healthy
Before knee injury he had been playing very well
Luck took some time regaining his form after a long absence and Wentz is struggling to regain his
Sorry but I am not going to judge RT on more than 5 games 1 having an injured shoulder 1 recovering from an injured shoulder along with being neutered by a terrible coach... especially when there is no practical replacement

This game he gets a pass because we dont truly know how strong his shoulder is or how tired his shoulder got at the end of the game which is why I'm not questioning too much of Gases play calls at the end...
Are you kidding? How many excuses before the acceptance of reality? :rolleyes:

Some things I just don't get...
RT missed a heck of a lot of football and when he returned he was ok his 1st 3 games while healthy
Before knee injury he had been playing very well
Luck took some time regaining his form after a long absence and Wentz is struggling to regain his
Sorry but I am not going to judge RT on more than 5 games 1 having an injured shoulder 1 recovering from an injured shoulder along with being neutered by a terrible coach... especially when there is no practical replacement
More excuses. This sounds like a broken record.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Much more likely than not. For one thing, the rest of the schedule is very favorable for a quarterback of Tannehill's caliber.

Low scoring opponents. The Dolphins are averaging 20.3 points per game, which is 25th. But we are 4-0 against teams currently scoring fewer points per game -- the Jets (twice) at 20.1, the Titans at 17.7, and the Raiders at 17.0.

Well, remaining on the schedule are 3 more games against teams below us in points per game -- the Jaguars at 17.9, and twice against the Bills at 14.6.

Dolphins are currently 1-6 against teams above us in that points per game category. The only victory was the fortunate overtime escape against the Bears.

Minnesota is 24.1 and New England is 27.9

I always love simple big picture stuff above frantically dissecting each and every category with one subjective decision after another. Lots of people fool themselves into believing the latter approach is preferable.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game
They are actually 26th with a 18.4 average.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-points-per-game

Then we can expect another 6-9 win season.
RT is a nice guy, but his career record is around .500 and that pretty much sums it up.

If he can't be traded then he should be back next year, but we better get some competition at that QB position going forward.

just dont have the time to post the all 22 like i have in the past. others do and have so far this season done a good job. but i still review it, and the colts game was a major disappointment. gase has taken most of the heat, as he should, but tannehill had a bad game folks. we're talking about a 7th year qb in the 3rd year of a system and there were a lot of plays left out there. we went deep vs a cover 4 shell on 3rd and long from the 39 when a simple dump underneath would have worst case gotten 3 pts. Then we dumped it off too quick when we had protection and plays were there down field. and it wasnt just a play here or there. there were lots. we should have won that game, and both qb and coaching were the biggest reason. at this point, i dont know what is there that you feel confident in bringing either of them back.

No he didnt. And the play everyone should be talking about the 2nd to last drive 2nd down dig to stills he missed no one is even talking about.

That was the opportunity missed. There was a little bit of rust though got sped up a few times.

If you are complaining about the stills corner route into the end zone throw look at his body lean. That’s all the arm he’s got thus he had to moonball that throw and try to drop it in the bucket.

And I’m not sure why anyone would bitch about that throw to begin with. Once he sees the gesicki side safety squat for a second post snap the stills corner has the leverage on the safety. Throw that! If he checks it down to gesicki this place bitches for taking the under and “conceding” and you all damn well know you do.

Can lead stills on that if he has full arm capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want us to be smart about it, that's all. I don't want to move on to move on. If there's a clear cut upgrade available via trade (we've heard some names thrown around) and it's not franchise crippling then OK do it. None of the FA's are sure fire upgrades, do not hand the reigns to any of these guys find a way financially to let Ryan compete with them. My money is betting there is NO WAY Teddy Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor is beating him out but let's see. If they really like a draft prospect, grow a pair and go up and get him. We don't need a high draft pick many of the good QB's have been acquired via trading up aggressively to get your guy. Do not settle for somebody you are on the fence about because it's what is there. That's how you get Christian Ponder and Jake Locker. Go after only the guy(s) you identify as your guy. I'm willing to go one more year with Ryan given there is a real competition and he wins and we don't draft a QB to draft one (that's going to hurt a lot of feelings on here). Then if the results don't change be very, very aggressive at getting a QB in 2020 even if it means sacrificing the immediate future while the rookie develops so it all comes together at the same time.

My point is again, don't move on to move on. Be smart about it. We don't want to reach and waste 3 or 7 years on a guy who isn't the guy.

Last edited:
Let's not go overboard with Ryan. Considering he came back from injury it was a good performance but in the overall picture it was a typical Ryan Tannehill performance - average.

In regards to Gase: if he took away "Ryan's ability to win" because he is a bad playcaller he should go. If he took away "Ryan's ability to win" because he doesn't trust Ryan he should go because he sold us a bunch of crap over the last three years.
If a 117 rating and 8.2 YPA is average, I'll take it. I think in this game he did all that was asked but with only 25 throws(around 50 total plays), it wasn't much

No he didnt. And the play everyone should be talking about the 2nd to last drive 2nd down dig to stills he missed no one is even talking about.

That was the opportunity missed. There was a little bit of rust though got sped up a few times.

If you are complaining about the stills corner route into the end zone throw look at his body lean. That’s all the arm he’s got thus he had to moonball that throw and try to drop it in the bucket.

And I’m not sure why anyone would bitch about that throw to begin with. Once he sees the gesicki side safety squat for a second post snap the stills corner has the leverage on the safety. Throw that! If he checks it down to gesicki this place bitches for taking the under and “conceding” and you all damn well know you do.

Can lead stills on that if he has full arm capability.

I did see that play. Was there room for RAC there I thought Stills would have been hit immediately but am not sure. It's tough to go through the all 22 and identify any play where there's an open WR as "leaving plays on the field". I think you'd find that with any progression based passer including the best of them (Brady, Bress etc.). Is there a way you can identify the progression or is it best guess based on film experience?

Back
Top Bottom