When do you start Tua? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do you start Tua?

thenewloon

Active Roster
Reaction score
In my humble opinion not till after the bye...whenever that is...if they go into the bye 4-1 5-2 or whatever it is then Ryan closes out the year...1-5 2-4 you get Tua on the field

When the offensive line looks like they are playing as a unit.

If it were up to me, he wouldn't see the field at all. Sit, learn and build up his legs and core in the weight room. 2021 should be his coming out party.

I think it makes sense once we’re out of the playoff picture, no earlier than the last quarter of the season..if he 99 % then, then don’t play him at all.

The first regular season game in the 2021 season. Next year is another rebuilding year in which the young offensive line needs to learn to play together and with so many young players on the line, Tua doesn’t need to get thrown to the wolves.
Let his hip fully heal and make sure the offensive line is much better than it has been in recent years. Fitzpatrick is good enough to get 5 or 6 wins and that should be enough to get the Dolphins another top ten pick in next years draft. Hopefully the Texans will have a down year and the Dolphins will get two picks in the top 15 of next years draft. That should help with getting more offensive help for Tua when he becomes the starter in 2021.

In my humble opinion not till after the bye...whenever that is...if they go into the bye 4-1 5-2 or whatever it is then Ryan closes out the year...1-5 2-4 you get Tua on the field
there is a schedule that may come out next week in witch there is no byes, starts in Oct and ends Feb 28th, I SAY START HIM WHENEVER HE IS READY

When he has 5 secret service men protecting him! No rush because we have waited 20 years for this 1 more won't hurt! Remember we have 2 first round picks next year and 2 second rounders and if that means getting 1 or 2 more pieces to the offensive line then so be it. Wrap his ass in bubble wrap if need be until the line is solid.

The pandemic could help Tua and the Dolphins. If the season starts later, he has more time to rehab.

I would still want to see how the offensive line is going before putting him in there.

He can certainly benefit sitting at first but I have a feeling he will play well enough they won't be able to keep him out very long

I’m giving fitz the whole year unless we’re in playoff spot and fitz starts to melt down

Back
Top Bottom