When do you start Tua? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do you start Tua?

Second half of this season. I don’t want 2021 to be his first real nfl experience. With how quickly teams rise and fall in this league we could have a legit Super Bowl roster in 21. You don’t want essentially a rookie qb out there leading them. Let him play this year and see what playing Qb in the nfl is all about. He seems like the type of person who will study his mistakes and come back better next year.

He should play at least one full game by the end of the season. I would try to get him some snaps in the second half of the season and get him at least one start if not a few more if things look positive.

Ya gotta give Tua the last game or two if he’s healthy

I was wondering this myself. If Tua is 100% by the start of the Season and is out performing Fitzy in Camp and preseason, how do you tell the kid to sit. To me the Question cannot be answered until we know exactly how Healthy Tua Is

In my humble opinion not till after the bye...whenever that is...if they go into the bye 4-1 5-2 or whatever it is then Ryan closes out the year...1-5 2-4 you get Tua on the field

Too many variables. If RF
lights it up and keeps Miami in the playoff hunt, Tua starts next year. If he plays poorly, maybe week 4 or 6 - OL needs experience. If RF plays well. But falls apart, maybe week 10-12

Season 2 of his career...

I actually am pulling for Rosen to somehow win the job so we can see what magic Grier can do with him around this time next offseason (whenever that is(.

It’s unanimous. September 2021. Get the strength at maximum so he absorb the loads he will need to.

I think he will pick up the offense in lightning speed. He's gonna be chomping at the bit to be "the guy." With the all-clear from the docs, I think Flores will be hard pressed to keep him on the pine. The rebuild isn't complete, by any stretch, and it usually takes young OL guys time to gel, so I "hope" he doesn't start until the back end of the season, if at all, so he'd at least get some experience with the NFL speed/game...but I don't think that's realistic. I believe he'll start in the 1st half of the season, for reasons stated above. Whenever he starts, every time a defender crunches him, many people will be holding their breath.

All three quarterbacks learn the plays, run them in practice and should be ready if they are called upon during the game. I play the guy who gives me the best chance to win, but I give Tua live fire right away and let him get up to speed right now.

Once he's deemed healthy enough to play and he seems to have grasp of the offense. I really don't get the need to sit him just for the sake of sitting him. If the doctors were to say he's 100% good to go in October sitting him until next year isn't going to increase that 100% ready figure. Once the injury is completely healed and strong enough to go it can't heal more than 100% with extra rest. Sure there's no rush to play him in 2020, but most rookie qbs need a season or two to get their NFL legs. The sooner he starts working through that process the better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom