When do you start Tua? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do you start Tua?

The best scenario would be if Fitz loses the job and Rosen ends up playing well. If he has a good run, we can showcase him.

I know it's a longshot. But a good 10+ games from a third year, former top 10 pick, could net us a surprisingly high pick.

We can even wait till we see if Tua is 100% the future before we pull the trigger the next year.

I think Fitz opens the season regardless of Tua’s readiness. Figuring they need 2-3 games to evaluate the Oline performance. I’m not driving my shiny new Ferrari unless that road is at least paved.

In my humble opinion not till after the bye...whenever that is...if they go into the bye 4-1 5-2 or whatever it is then Ryan closes out the year...1-5 2-4 you get Tua on the field

When he is ready. Maybe a bit of action at the end of the year just so he can get some reps, but 2021 would be a solid plan.

Let Rosen start if Fitzmagic gets hurt. It’s a much better team, and if he gets going for 5-6-7 good games in a row, trade him for a 2nd or 3rd in the offseason, ala A.J. Feeley or Matt Schaub.

Let Rosen start if Fitzmagic gets hurt. It’s a much better team, and if he gets going for 5-6-7 good games in a row, trade him for a 2nd or 3rd in the offseason, ala A.J. Feeley or Matt Schaub.
who's gonna play in 2021 when tua gets hurt?

I start him when Fitz has a string of bad games, hopefully the line is ready by then

I start him when Fitz has a string of bad games, hopefully the line is ready by then
I assume this will be the plan unless Tua goes in on Day 1 and is just lighting it up which is also possible.

You have to assume fitzpatrick will fizzle out. Flores proved with Rosen to fitz switch last year is that the best player will play in the end. The last thing you want to see is a Case Keenum/Haskins or Savage/Watson ordeal where you play the veteran because of status and not overall play.

If he’s healthy enough to play in the preseason there should be no reason to not play Him in the regular season. Unless Grier’s new group of offensive lineman isn’t working out

I hear you... I think what will happen is Flores will say it's an open competition and the best player will play. Then Tua will clearly outplay the other guys in camp and Fitzpatrick will still start the season. Tua could def play this year but I'd be willing to bet the farm it wont be week 1 of the regular season.

I agree on open competition, but, unless Tua plays lights out, RF will start and continue to start until he plays poorly. Personally, I'd wait 6-8 games to get a read on the OL

Back
Top Bottom