When do you start Tua? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do you start Tua?

In twenty-one we'll have some fun!

Oh line steady then Tua ready!

Golden receivers make Tua believers!

(too many farts ruin Tua tarts!)

Have no fear! We have Mister Grier!

>>>> yes I'm bored >>> what's your excuse!

:lol:

You start him when he wins the the starting job. Just picking some arbitrary week doesn't make sense, nor does holding him off until next year if he is ready to play this year.

TFK

At a minimum, he needs a full year from his injury .... what makes the most sense, if he plays at all is to play him over the last 3-4 games ...

I say this year only way he gets on the field is injury to fitz or mop up duty at the end of the year, otherwise wait until next year. Get him some exposure but nothing crazy. Then full bore 2021.

It looks like they will be focusing on the run game much more this season.

My guess is that once they can actually run the ball in REAL games

consistently...

He can certainly benefit sitting at first but I have a feeling he will play well enough they won't be able to keep him out very long
He is already a more talented and accurate QB than Fitzpatrick. I'd bet he looks better in camp/practice etc. than anyone else we have. That being said I'd still sit him for the year and roll him out in 2021 with a better offensive line, and him having a year to learn and master the playbook etc.

He is already a more talented and accurate QB than Fitzpatrick. I'd bet he looks better in camp/practice etc. than anyone else we have. That being said I'd still sit him for the year and roll him out in 2021 with a better offensive line, and him having a year to learn and master the playbook etc.
I agree that plan would be best, sitting the whole year would be great. I just think if he looks MUCH better than the other guys, the call to play him will come from everywhere and probably loudest from the locker room Itself. The injury shouldn’t be a big factor, the start of the season is 10 months post-op.

I agree that plan would be best, sitting the whole year would be great. I just think if he looks MUCH better than the other guys, the call to play him will come from everywhere and probably loudest from the locker room Itself. The injury shouldn’t be a big factor, the start of the season is 10 months post-op.
I hear you... I think what will happen is Flores will say it's an open competition and the best player will play. Then Tua will clearly outplay the other guys in camp and Fitzpatrick will still start the season. Tua could def play this year but I'd be willing to bet the farm it wont be week 1 of the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom