When It Comes To QBs, That Proverbial Grass Is NOT Always Greener! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When It Comes To QBs, That Proverbial Grass Is NOT Always Greener!

You mean when he threw for 72 yards against the Patriots and threw for 88 yards against the Ravens? Heck even Tua could have done that. lol Derrick Henry and their defense won those two games. And that goes back to my original point where Tannehill has had a great running game since he has been with the Titans.
So stats only matters when it fits your agenda, and wins don't matter when again it fits your agenda.

If Phins win two playoff games and Tua has those stats, guess what I'm not whining about it that's for sure!

Last edited:
So stats only matters when it fits your agenda, and wins don't matter when again it fits your agenda.

If Phins win two playoff games and Tua has those stats, guess what I'm not whining like a bitch about it that's for sure!
No it matters because that usually is a good indicator of average QB's who can't carry a team on their own compared to good and great QB's that have the ability to carry a team on their back.

No it matters because that usually is a good indicator of average QB's who can't carry a team on their own compared to good or great QB's that have the ability to carry a team on their back.
Fine. If you want to wait for that top 3 QB, then sure Tua and Tannehill aren't Mahomes or Rodgers. But to me it seems easier to find a decent supporting cast when you have a good/not great QB. Though, admittedly, we can't seem to put a respectable line in front of our QB, so :shrug:

Also, I want to clarify that I edited out 'whine like a bitch' bc I didn't want you think I was calling you that. So my apologies if you felt I was.

The thing is, most every QB looks average at best when they are under constant pressure and are missing tools that they are used to having. Mahomes looked very overwhelmed in the Superbowl against a nasty Bucs D without his 2 starting tackles and unsurprisingly, Murray looked lost without the best receiver in the game. In today's NFL, it takes a whole team to compete as mismatches will be exploited. This just highlights how incredibly important it is that the Fins fix their offensive line and WR because pretty much no QB can succeed with the embarrassing crap we are fielding.

I wouldnt even engage posters like Ryan1973 who keep moving the goal posts every time Tannehill embarrasses them, and keep throwing up “yeah, but”s when he does what they say he can’t.

It’s seriously like arguing with flat-earthers, or those who claim the moon landing was faked, or the moon is made of cheese.

The thing is, most every QB looks average at best when they are under constant pressure and are missing tools that they are used to having. Mahomes looked very overwhelmed in the Superbowl against a nasty Bucs D without his 2 starting tackles and unsurprisingly, Murray looked lost without the best receiver in the game. In today's NFL, it takes a whole team to compete as mismatches will be exploited. This just highlights how incredibly important it is that the Fins fix their offensive line and WR because pretty much no QB can succeed with the embarrassing crap we are fielding.
True. That’s what is truly amazing about Tannehill this year. He went 6-3 while missing his star RB, his star WR and all pro LT for half thise games, plus his 2nd WR AND multiple injuries across starting lineup.

It was truly a “hop on my back and I’ll carry you” kind of season for RT, no matter what happens from here on out.

True. That’s what is truly amazing about Tannehill this year. He went 6-3 while missing his star RB, his star WR and all pro LT for half thise games, plus his 2nd WR AND multiple injuries across starting lineup.

It was truly a “hop on my back and I’ll carry you” kind of season for RT, no matter what happens from here on out.
Tennessee has built a solid team across the board with great depth. That's allowed Tannehill to shine, even without the premier pieces. However, with Henry, Brown, etc back in the lineup, Tennessee is undoubtedly more formidable. Miami, on the other hand, doesn't even have solid starters on the OL, much less depth.

But, but, he's only good because of Henry. Has to be. I read it here

I wouldnt even engage posters like Ryan1973 who keep moving the goal posts every time Tannehill embarrasses them, and keep throwing up “yeah, but”s when he does what they say he can’t.

It’s seriously like arguing with flat-earthers, or those who claim the moon landing was faked, or the moon is made of cheese.
Amen! Everyone in the know realizes that the moon is made of congealed linguini!

Back
Top Bottom