when people talk about marino...... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when people talk about marino......

Megatron said:
But it's the Pittsburgh game with a playoff spot on the line that will be remembered though. I couldn't believe how poorly the Bills played in that game. I picked them to win on my sports betting, against the Steelers second stringers, it seemed like a sure thing. But they not only got beat, they were crushed.

Tell me about it, Bills -5 seemed like a no-brainer.

But I blame Bledsoe for that loss. Not only the play were he handed them the ball for the TD, but for the hidden mistake he made.

Now, its not an excuse, we should have won, but Bledsoe went against the coaches decision deciding what direction to defend at the begining of the game.

I think PIT ended up scoring 23 of there 29 points with the wind, including the finisher in the 4th quarter. This had alot to do with Bledsoes uncerimonious departure IMO

Megatron said:
But it's the Pittsburgh game with a playoff spot on the line that will be remembered though. I couldn't believe how poorly the Bills played in that game. I picked them to win on my sports betting, against the Steelers second stringers, it seemed like a sure thing. But they not only got beat, they were crushed.

Oh, and we're even then.

I called the fins game over NE on monday night and won money. So I bet the load on the Fins vs. Cle the following week.

Hell, you guys just beat the champs, and the Bills just slaughtered Cle. How can you not cover -7? You live, and you learn.

Losman7 said:

But I blame Bledsoe for that loss. Not only the play were he handed them the ball for the TD, but for the hidden mistake he made.

Now, its not an excuse, we should have won, but Bledsoe went against the coaches decision deciding what direction to defend at the begining of the game.

I think PIT ended up scoring 23 of there 29 points with the wind, including the finisher in the 4th quarter. This had alot to do with Bledsoes uncerimonious departure IMO
It was a bad game for the Bills on all fronts. Beldsoe was and still is a tool. If you don't use him right you can hurt yourself.

Sal Lisitano said:
I would actually debate the Elway being better than Marino much quicker than Montana.

Elway had the 3 amigos...he had decent wr's and he also had a decent running game...even before he won the 2 superbowls...if it wasn't for T.Davis...I feel that he could kiss his 2 rings goodbye...oh and lets not forget he had one of the best...if not the best Tide Ends in the league.

Go Fins!!!

He, like Marino, made those WR's what they are. Now Sha Sha, is like Rice. They made themselves. But, can you name even one of the three amigos? They werent there all that long either.

And yes, without TD, john wouldnt have rings either. But, this convo is about the QB. The Bills fans are trying to make it about the team's. I'm not. Elway played the game differently, but he is the only other QB i would even consider close to Marino's caliber. The QB's, not the teams.....

Losman7 said:

Good, you got a good break getting rid of Chapstick. yes Chapstick. That dude sucked so much, we donned him Chapstick. Let Dallas have Chapstick. You are way better off with Losman. I look for great things from Buffalo this year. I usually dont jump the gun, but I am looking for Buffalo at lEAST to make the Championship. You guys got a great shot at a ring. They stacked your team throught he draft. You lost Williams, but you should be fine. I know willis, lee, roscoe, eric, and JP are on my radar for FFL (money league). I pretty much set on winning or losing by grabbing as many Bills players as I can. i got willis and lee for my keepers now, I at least want to get me Losman. Hope for your sake and mine, they tear it up!

Losman7 said:
We have all but 1 starter coming back on defense. And all but 2 on offense, and since one of those is Bledsoe that won't hurt us.

You have a rookie RB, the worst QB in the league starting, a rookie head coach, a brand new offense and defense.

I can't believe you would even type something that dumb, let alone hit "submit"

That may be true, its I find it unbelievable that Buffalo fans come in here all high and mighty, as if you guys won a Super Bowl last season. Let me set you morons from the Great White North straight, you guys went 9-7 last season, had a nice six game win streak against sub par opponents, then what happened? Hmmm lemmee see, oh yeah, you MISSED the playoffs!! The Bills saw the enormity of the moment and flat out choked against the Pittsburgh scrubs in typical Billy Goat fashion.

As for this season, yes you have most starters on both sides of the ball coming back.....so what? The defense will be good, but the loss of Pat Williams is gonna hurt more than people think. Sorry folks, but on offense, JP Losman is not going to be the second coming of Ben Rothlisberger. Losman simply doesn't have the supporting cast that Big Ben had last season. Not to mention, that the loss of Jonas Jennings makes the line very, very average which will hamper the development of the offense.

As for us, I'd keep your mouth shut. Unlike you guys, we made major additions this offseason. Lets recap our upgrades for 2005 shall we:

1. Nick Saban is our new head coach, if Wanny can go 10-6 with the same team so can Saban.

2. Scott Linehan is our new offensive coordinator, whose innovative offense in Minnesota never ranked lower than 4th in the NFL.

3. Gus Frerotte is a leading candidate for the starting quarterback position. He knows Linehan's system well and has the weapons to execute it.

4. Hudson Houck, one of the most respected offensive line coaches in the league is our big ugly coach now. He will work wonders with one of the deepest lines in the NFL.

5. With Rickly likely to return during training camp, we'll have a dangerous two headed backfield with rookie Ronnie Brown.

6. You are WRONG about our defense, we are not getting a new defense. We will stay in our traditional 4-3, but we'll mix up from time to time with 3-4 looks. I repeat we ARE NOT going into a full time 3-4 defense.

So, my point is this, we may struggle early on, but we will be back in contention sooner than people think. As for Buffalo, I wouldn't be so happy if I were you. You made ZERO improvements over last season, which translates into a few steps back. I'm not saying this as a homer, I am just stating facts.

Back
Top Bottom