when people talk about marino...... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when people talk about marino......

Wagon Circler said:
What defines the great quarterbacks from the best in the NFL is a ring. Being a quarterback is more than stats. The quarterback is the leader of the team. To be considered as one of the best, a qb has to lead to his team to the big game and win. Runningbacks don't lead teams to championships, so using Barry Sanders as example just doesn't work.

Wow, wagon circler took the words out of my mouth. I love dan as much as any phinfan, but this is how the nfl is portrayed. rings are the most important statistic determining the best QB to ever play for the media/other fans. I hate to say it, but that is true. :cry:

I had this idiot at work tell me that Dan Marino is a good quarterback but not a great one because he didn't win a Super Bowl. I had to laugh at that. Marino didn't play fullback, or wide receiver or any defensive positions. He was the best at what he did. To bad we never gave him any help. John Elway, didn't win a Super Bowl until Terrell Davis joined the team. You know this idiot at work is a Steelers' fan. I told him that you could of put any quarterback on the great steelers team and they would of won, because they had a running game and a defense. Using the idiot's logic, Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Marino because Trent won a Super Bowl. What a loser.

Kolbiss said:
Marino...best Passer of all time, and that is not debateable. But I have to give the nod to Montana and Elway first, and then Marino 3rd in my humble opinion. I know that it is not a popular opinion here, but if you look at non biased polls anywhere else they always have marino below montana and elway. :)

Now, if you would of said Elway, I couldnt debate that. If any QB is ever going to be ranked above Marino, its only going to be Elway. he had no system, but still amassed quite the numbers. he never had the dynamic duos like marino did.

I give Elway (teeth, thats my name for him) all the credit he deserves. I went to his induction last year too! Thats how strongly I believed he was dans caliber.

All I got to say is FAQ montana! He is and always will be a turd nugget covered in gold and diamonds because of his HC. Without Bill Walsh, he was out of the league in three years.

LithoMan said:
Without Bill Walsh, he was out of the league in three years.
Same could be said for Bellichick and Brady. Good coaches bring out the best in players. Dan always played at his best, a Superbowl just wasn't in the cards for him as a player.

Justasportsfan said:
It might be overhyped but that's what the majority who are mostly neutral fans and not finfans or 49'er fans make their basis from.

So tell me, is Marino a better playoff and superbowl player than Montana? No one can answer that without speculating but people can say Monatana was a great sb qb and can back it up with facts.

So, if that is the case, Bill Walsh was the greatest SB coach to ever live. Can't have one without the other. Your just making my point for me! And his legacy still continues to this day...... Becuase the West Coast is still racking up SB wins....

THANKS!

welderpat said:
You have a first year starting quarterback :lol: :lol:
You are in a rebuilding mode,even moreso than we are!

We have all but 1 starter coming back on defense. And all but 2 on offense, and since one of those is Bledsoe that won't hurt us.

You have a rookie RB, the worst QB in the league starting, a rookie head coach, a brand new offense and defense.

I can't believe you would even type something that dumb, let alone hit "submit"

Losman7 said:
We have all but 1 starter coming back on defense. And all but 2 on offense, and since one of those is Bledsoe that won't hurt us.

You have a rookie RB, the worst QB in the league starting, a rookie head coach, a brand new offense and defense.

I can't believe you would even type something that dumb, let alone hit "submit"
I'm not going to say the Bills will suck this year. They beat the teams they needed to beat last year and that's saying something. The problem is they didn't beat anyone good. I think that's where the flack is coming from Losman7.

Losman7 said:

Say what you want about Ronnie (you know he's gonna be good anyway), our QB situation, etc...

But Nick Saban is NOT a rookie coach. He was a coordinator in the NFL longer than Mularkey was if I'm not mistaken.

He took the Brown's horrible defense and made it top-5 IN ONE YEAR.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Say what you want about Ronnie (you know he's gonna be good anyway), our QB situation, etc...

But Nick Saban is NOT a rookie coach. He was a coordinator in the NFL longer than Mularkey was if I'm not mistaken.

I agree, but that poster said we were in more of a rebuilding mode than you guys, thats just stupid.

LithoMan said:
Now, if you would of said Elway, I couldnt debate that. If any QB is ever going to be ranked above Marino, its only going to be Elway. he had no system, but still amassed quite the numbers. he never had the dynamic duos like marino did.

I give Elway (teeth, thats my name for him) all the credit he deserves. I went to his induction last year too! Thats how strongly I believed he was dans caliber.

All I got to say is FAQ montana! He is and always will be a turd nugget covered in gold and diamonds because of his HC. Without Bill Walsh, he was out of the league in three years.

I would actually debate the Elway being better than Marino much quicker than Montana.

Elway had the 3 amigos...he had decent wr's and he also had a decent running game...even before he won the 2 superbowls...if it wasn't for T.Davis...I feel that he could kiss his 2 rings goodbye...oh and lets not forget he had one of the best...if not the best Tide Ends in the league.

Go Fins!!!

DolphinDevil28 said:

Anyone who can make Kordell a probowler has to be good.

Losman7 said:
I agree, but that poster said we were in more of a rebuilding mode than you guys, thats just stupid.

Okay, whatever. But Saban is not a rookie coach. He's not trying his luck, stumbling into the league like a chicken with its head cut off, not knowing what to expect.

I don't ever make guarantees when it comes to the Fins, but I GUARANTEE Saban will be regarded as a top 5 coach in this league for a long time.

Megatron said:
I'm not going to say the Bills will suck this year. They beat the teams they needed to beat last year and that's saying something. The problem is they didn't beat anyone good. I think that's where the flack is coming from Losman7.

We beat the Jets, they were good. We beat the SeaHags and The Rams, not the best teams, but playoff teams non the less. The Bungles were decent last year.

And when we played really crappy teams (CLE and SanFran) we totally dominated them. we blew them out, they never stood a chance.

Losman7 said:
We beat the Jets, they were good. We beat the SeaHags and The Rams, not the best teams, but playoff teams non the less. The Bungles were decent last year.

And when we played really crappy teams (CLE and SanFran) we totally dominated them. we blew them out, they never stood a chance.
But it's the Pittsburgh game with a playoff spot on the line that will be remembered though. I couldn't believe how poorly the Bills played in that game. I picked them to win on my sports betting, against the Steelers second stringers, it seemed like a sure thing. But they not only got beat, they were crushed.

Back
Top Bottom