When you have 12 WR's .... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When you have 12 WR's ....

This is why they keep Williams, he's great at positioning his body to protect/block the ball from defenders, he fights for yardage, he fights for the ball in the air, he makes acrobatic catches, has a great catch radius and he's dirt cheap. He has great field awareness. If he can stay healthy and cut down on the drops, he should have a great year. He was a bit inconsistent, he'd dazzle with an acrobatic catch then follow up by dropping a 10-yard slant.

I find it appalling how dismissive of PDub most of the posters on this board are. He's legit gotten hurt twice in plays where anyone wouldve been hurt by the contact he sustained.
The Mofo can ball, period.

Parker's inability to stay Healthy is why Chase's supposed 'reduncancy' with him is actually an asset, because he'd be Parker's heir apparent.
I think Williams inability to stay healthy is a much bigger problem than Parker’s inability to stay healthy. Williams has missed 8 games in both 2019 and 2020 and was placed on IR both seasons.

As Bill Parcells once stated “a player’s best ability is his availability“. So it doesn’t matter how great Williams might be. If he can’t remain healthy and stay on the field, the Dolphins need to be looking to replace him.

I find it appalling how dismissive of PDub most of the posters on this board are. He's legit gotten hurt twice in plays where anyone wouldve been hurt by the contact he sustained.
The Mofo can ball, period.
ya and its his bday

The irony of PDub dropping one here and there is that he has made many tough catches in traffic and Definitely catches with the hands.
With reps, those drops will sharply decrease.

Waddle jumps off the screenbwhen I watch his film. There's just something 'Extra' there with him.

ummm, why is that? Have you seen his games? Guy is a gamebreaker, running, receiving, and returning. Im a Gator and Waddle is better than Toney. Waddle plays everywhere, not just slot. He will be the better Alabama receiver of Smith, you can book it.

Watching this makes my jaw drop:

Waddle has something 'extra' about him than anyone else. I kinda want him a lot, though I really like Pitts, too.

Preston is potential Monster. They are rare. And exceedingly rare to find as UDFA!

Awesome find by Marvin.

Kid needs to mature. Dedicate to being physically at the top of his game.

And maybe catch a break. His karma (well before the Pros) seems a difficult tale.

But what he can be is ------------- damn close to unlimited.

All these WRs and 2/3rds won't be on our roster in a year.

That's a good thing.

No offense to you, Digital, but adages like these always cause me to roll eyes. People read or hear them, think they sound clever and buy into it.

But, like all things, nothing is concrete or that simple.

I’m pretty sure when SF had Montana and Young, they had 2 QB’s. When GB had Favre and Rodgers, they also had 2 QB’s.

I think most of us agree that MIA is in desperate need of play makers. They partially addressed the need with Will Fuller. Getting Preston Williams back healthy might also help. And so might the development of the young players already on the roster. Then there’s the draft.

Point is, the number of receivers currently on the roster doesn’t necessarily equate as you suggest. Not that long ago the receiver position was thought to be a strength. It may well again soon.

We shall see.
Valid optimism IMO. Tho any claims re our WRs needs to be tempered with availability / consistency concerns.

We need dogs you can count on week in and week out. Durability. Reliability.

Parker at the TOP of his game is a top shelf WR. Preston has shown in big *flashes*

But it seems to me highly efficient offenses have always had the "benefit" of consistent contributors.

Hard to project moving forward with players that have proven to be consistently inconsistent.

Waddle has something 'extra' about him than anyone else. I kinda want him a lot, though I really like Pitts, too.
Love Pitts, id take either Waddle or Pitts at 6 and be ecstatic. Will puke if we get Devonta. He will be a bust just like Tavon Austin.

I Think Parker will be fighting for a position , he's never there when they need him, kind of like Tannehill you shown some good things but you have little impact on the team success. BUH-By

Back
Top Bottom