Where are todays Joey bashers? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are todays Joey bashers?

RenoFinFan said:
Perhaps the reason you didn't know that is bc it is not accurate. Makes for a good story to bash Harrington though. Here are the actual drives:

MIA 21 - 7 plays - 41 yards - Punt
NE 39 - 5 plays - 22 yards - FG
MIA 40 - 5 plays - 22 yards - Punt
MIA 18 - 7 plays - 21 yards - Punt
MIA 23 - 9 plays - 62 yards - FG
MIA 20 - 7 plays - 26 yards - Punt
NE 43 - 3 plays - 2 yards - Punt
NE 43 - 5 plays - 43 yards - TD
MIA 12 - 3 plays - 4 yards - Punt
MIA 39 - 8 Plays - 61 yards - TD
MIA 43 - 5 plays - 50 yards - End of game

I like the attempt to include the end of game possession in which the Dolphins ran out the clock at the goal line to make the "untruth" even more dramatic...

I think thecoordinator is saying when Joey had to go the length of the field (inside our 40), we got three points on those 5 drives.

Of course, he probably should've said inside our 39.

Still, I don't know that's an horrible untruth.

hof13 said:
I think thecoordinator is saying when Joey had to go the length of the field (inside our 40), we got three points on those 5 drives.

Of course, he probably meant to say inside our 30.

Still, I don't know that's an horrible untruth.
Didn't say it was horrible, but enough to twist things. If that is what was meant what would even be the point? It isn't that uncommon. I just took a quick look at the drive charts of the Minnesota game in which they scored only 7 points when starting a drive inside their own 40 out of 9 drives. While the Lions scored 10 points on 9 drives. That makes 17 points on 18 drives when the team starts drives inside their own 40, yet 50 points were scored in the game.

FiN.in.RI said:
What, we can't make VALID criticisms and observations because you don't understand them? That's rich. :lol:

That's the operative now isn't it? VALID.
I don't understand needlessly critical and biased posts. Do you understand that?

brandon27 said:
Just curious... because there were a thousand threads last week during a poor team effort where he threw two picks.

I'm not even going to come close to saying Joey is the answer, but you really do have to look at his performance this week, compared to last and go... wow... who sat him down and taught him to play QB with some intelligence? didnt take stupid sacks, didnt make many stupid throws, made smart decisions, made some nice plays, threw it away when he was in trouble, or nobody was open... he actually played like a QB should today. Lets face it, he's not as bad as everyone says and thinks. He'll be a good QB for someone, somewhere, sometime.

I guess its just another one of those situations eh? When he has a decent game, lets not talk about him. When he has an off game, throws a few picks, lets get on him... even if they win.

I dont get it. While i'd like to see more improvement from him. He's a Dolphin this year. He's our starter now. He's the guy we need to get behind and support, not trash!

Great win today though!

did you not see chambers open 5 times and the ball soaring over his head. joey is not accurate on the long ball. joey will throw too many interceptions. we all know this. is he the worst? NO id take him over some other starters, but he is no where near the best either

So every time Joey has a good game someone will start a thread calling out Joey bashers, and every time Joey has a bad game the other side will do the same? Cool.

BLITZKRIEG said:
You were right CK, Harrington has started 9 games this year. I did manipulate the truth to a certain extent when I made the 5 of 6 statement. It's a little too late going back, and it's a real shame this team started out the season so slow. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm liking what I see on both sides of the ball right now. Even though we hit a bump in the road last week, this team is playing it's best football right now....

I wont get into anymore Harrington debates. It's a waste of time, and his play speaks volumes for itself in my opinion. In the eyes of these fans, he lives and dies with each pass....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Nice post man, I feel the same way, Joey Harrington is a dirty word around here, soon it will be against the TOS to say anything good about the guy :lol: At this point it's easier just to keep counting the W's and let the kid's play speak for itself. I have a heck of alot of confidence in him after todays game, he continues to improve every game, he learns from his mistakes. Obviously he had no proper coaching in Detroit and now with proper coaching he is coming into his own. No need for a new QB next year, we already have one that is doing well and getting better after every game.

I can't remember the last time the Phins looked this good as a team certainly not anytime in the last few years. The future is looking bright!

bluehaze said:
Nice post man, I feel the same way, Joey Harrington is a dirty word around here, soon it will be against the TOS to say anything good about the guy :lol: At this point it's easier just to keep counting the W's and let the kid's play speak for itself. I have a heck of alot of confidence in him after todays game, he continues to improve every game, he learns from his mistakes. Obviously he had no proper coaching in Detroit and now with proper coaching he is coming into his own. No need for a new QB next year, we already have one that is doing well and getting better after every game.

I can't remember the last time the Phins looked this good as a team certainly not anytime in the last few years. The future is looking bright!

Are you really posting on here that our team hasn't looked this good in years.
No need for a new qb next year.

while our defense is playing just sick football right now, our offense leaves a lot to be desired. They more or less struggle week to week. One big run padded the running stats where we basically absolutely could not move the ball period. And obviously if you watched we definately had some yac to pad the passing stats. We hardly threw the ball longer than 7 yards. as a matter of fact we threw a -1 yard pass to welker, and no it wasn't because he ran around. He caught it and was tackled.

special teams play is looking nice.
D is unreal.

offense has been and still is quite suspect.
The joey had no coaching debate is so friggin played out bro.
So with that mindset just how many years of PROPER coaching is it going to take to right joeys ship. 1, 2, 5??
This kid can do no wrong to some people. I don't get it. consistently missing receivers. if we don't dink and dunk all game we don't do #$@#.
FOR THE LAST TIME JOEY HARRINGTON IS NOT GOING TO BE THE ANSWER

I'm right here. He had a decent game. He made some good throws... but missed alot of throws as well. The win doesnt mean Joey played great...

2413fanphins said:
Are you really posting on here that our team hasn't looked this good in years.
No need for a new qb next year.

while our defense is playing just sick football right now, our offense leaves a lot to be desired. They more or less struggle week to week. One big run padded the running stats where we basically absolutely could not move the ball period. And obviously if you watched we definately had some yac to pad the passing stats. We hardly threw the ball longer than 7 yards. as a matter of fact we threw a -1 yard pass to welker, and no it wasn't because he ran around. He caught it and was tackled.

special teams play is looking nice.
D is unreal.

offense has been and still is quite suspect.
The joey had no coaching debate is so friggin played out bro.
So with that mindset just how many years of PROPER coaching is it going to take to right joeys ship. 1, 2, 5??
This kid can do no wrong to some people. I don't get it. consistently missing receivers. if we don't dink and dunk all game we don't do #$@#.
FOR THE LAST TIME JOEY HARRINGTON IS NOT GOING TO BE THE ANSWER

I really love how saying anything nice about Joey = proclaiming him our new Marino. Some of you are just ridiculous. Some people just like to see Miami Dolphins players do well, even if they're not perfect. I don't see how that's so hard to understand. Why do some of you have to marry a QB and hate everybody else? What if for some reason Joey was the starter next season? Are you going to secretly root for Joey to fail but the Dolphins to somehow still win?

Joey did exactly what he was supposed to do yesterday, one of his best performances this year IMO. Props to Joey, just don't decide to annoint him as our starter next season quite yet. One good game does not a starter make.

Tigers2003 said:
He did not make dumb dumb mistakes and managed the game well

I fall in with that C-Pep or Joey who cares-just show me the results fan base. Now Joey is the guy, no problem.

However: Joey "Managed" a game that any NFL QB should be able to manage. It was a game the defense dictated from start till finish. Joey, realisticly, looked inept. The dolphins offense was sluggish and Joey STILL can not hit open recievers which is something he HAS to be able to do to be considered a NFL starting QB.

Back
Top Bottom