Where are todays Joey bashers? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are todays Joey bashers?

ckparrothead said:
But only 5 of our last 9 with Harrington.

Oh how some people do like to manipulate the truth, though...

Are you really going to use the first few games he played in your evaluation of Harrington. Seems a bit unfair. There's a reason coaches use the last four weeks of game film when getting ready to play the opposition

thecoordinator said:
we got the ball 5 times inside our own 40 and scored 3 points from those posessions.

Yikes. I didn't know that. I knew we had great field position but we gotta be more consistant than that. 21 point is 21 points though.

adamprez2003 said:
Are you really going to use the first few games he played in your evaluation of Harrington. Seems a bit unfair. There's a reason coaches use the last four weeks of game film when getting ready to play the opposition

I can agree with that. But I would say the same thing about Daunte. I think it is equally unfair to judge Daunte given he was coming off major surgery and playing in his first game in almost a year on a new team.

adamprez2003 said:

And that argument can be used with Pepper just the same.

The main problem at the beginning of the season, IMO, was the offensive line. When the Line is bad you can't judge QB play for squat. So I would say it is a wsah between both QBs.

muscle979 said:
I'll take that over 1 out of 4 anyday.

So then the only difference between the Dolphins now and the Dolphins during the first four games is the quarterback?

Good luck finding people that agree with you.

adamprez2003 said:

Can you not even see the irony dripping off your own post?

Dolfan984 said:
Yikes. I didn't know that. I knew we had great field position but we gotta be more consistant than that. 21 point is 21 points though.
Perhaps the reason you didn't know that is bc it is not accurate. Makes for a good story to bash Harrington though. Here are the actual drives:

MIA 21 - 7 plays - 41 yards - Punt
NE 39 - 5 plays - 22 yards - FG
MIA 40 - 5 plays - 22 yards - Punt
MIA 18 - 7 plays - 21 yards - Punt
MIA 23 - 9 plays - 62 yards - FG
MIA 20 - 7 plays - 26 yards - Punt
NE 43 - 3 plays - 2 yards - Punt
NE 43 - 5 plays - 43 yards - TD
MIA 12 - 3 plays - 4 yards - Punt
MIA 39 - 8 Plays - 61 yards - TD
MIA 43 - 5 plays - 50 yards - End of game

I like the attempt to include the end of game possession in which the Dolphins ran out the clock at the goal line to make the "untruth" even more dramatic...

ckparrothead said:
Can you not even see the irony dripping off your own post?

You were right CK, Harrington has started 9 games this year. I did manipulate the truth to a certain extent when I made the 5 of 6 statement. It's a little too late going back, and it's a real shame this team started out the season so slow. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm liking what I see on both sides of the ball right now. Even though we hit a bump in the road last week, this team is playing it's best football right now....

I wont get into anymore Harrington debates. It's a waste of time, and his play speaks volumes for itself in my opinion. In the eyes of these fans, he lives and dies with each pass....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

ckparrothead said:
So then the only difference between the Dolphins now and the Dolphins during the first four games is the quarterback?

Good luck finding people that agree with you.

Don't worry CK. I am sure there are many people who are that blind who will come to his rescue on that one. Hell I got a guy telling me that Vince Young, who has played all of what 6 games in the NFL is 'clutch' and is a 'winner'. He is arguing with me simply because I think it is way too premature to label a rookie QB anything at this point. That especially goes for the NFL where really smart coaches study tape and find ways to defend you. Look at Michael Vick.

adamprez2003 said:
Nope I cant

Then let me fill in the blanks. How is it unfair to judge Joey for his first couple of games but fair to judge Daunte because of his first couple of games?

dplunk said:
I can agree with that. But I would say the same thing about Daunte. I think it is equally unfair to judge Daunte given he was coming off major surgery and playing in his first game in almost a year on a new team.

I'm not judging Daunte until he actually plays again. Daunte is nothing more than a question mark where we can see Harrington play and evaluate him. Noone knows what Daunte is going to look like next year but we're getting a pretty good sense of Harrington

BLITZKRIEG said:
You were right CK, Harrington has started 9 games this year. I did manipulate the truth to a certain extent when I made the 5 of 6 statement. It's a little too late going back, and it's a real shame this team started out the season so slow. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm liking what I see on both sides of the ball right now. Even though we hit a bump in the road last week, this team is playing it's best football right now....

I wont get into anymore Harrington debates. It's a waste of time, and his play speaks volumes for itself in my opinion. In the eyes of these fans, he lives and dies with each pass....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Such is fate for a controversial quarterback. You should try being an Atlanta Falcons fan sometime. Or a Denver Broncos fan.

Or wait a minute, we all lived through the Jay Fiedler era. We're well-experienced.

ckparrothead said:
Then let me fill in the blanks. How is it unfair to judge Joey for his first couple of games but fair to judge Daunte because of his first couple of games?

If me saying he's never going to be a "great" qb is unfair then so be it but trust me its not off this year that I'm saying that. He may be good he may stink. It all depends if he can become a pocket QB and if we can give him the type of protection he requires but I feel very comfortable saying he'll never be great. Cwertainly his upside is greatwer than Harrington's but so is his downside

adamprez2003 said:
I'm not judging Daunte until he actually plays again. Daunte is nothing more than a question mark where we can see Harrington play and evaluate him. Noone knows what Daunte is going to look like next year but we're getting a pretty good sense of Harrington

I kind of thought you weren't. I was just pointing it out to the other people out there that were doing that.

Back
Top Bottom