Where are todays Joey bashers? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are todays Joey bashers?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Nicely said CK.The result doesn't alway tell the whole story. It's the same thing as the touchdown to Chambers vs. Chicago. The ball should've been picked but Chris made a hell of a play. If you guys think that today shields Joey's performance from last week, you're way off. What did he do that was so impressive today? Again, the defense won another ball game for us.

The defense will win every game for us. They are a top 3 defense. If we had an offense that was their equivalent we would go undefeated every year. 17-0 wouldnt be the record anymore. It would be 72-0. This defense wins every game argument is ridiculous. Every game the Ravens won has been because of their defense

ckparrothead said:
Perhaps he did, I don't think visual evidence is going to tell you what his decision making process was on it.

But considering his record of poor accuracy, it is at the very least plausible that he just missed the throw.

And, if he were deciding to throw the ball away, I can think of a few better places to throw it than into an area where there are multiple defenders...

Bad decision because no matter what he could have done something either more constructive or less risky with the ball, no matter what we try to project on him about his decision making process during the throw (which we can't possibly pretend to know).

Yeah you won't be able to tell if it was a bad decision or a poor throw, without review Ill chalk it up to the latter based on history or past performance.

My main thing was that if he had thrown an accurate ball there would have been a 50/50 result - a pass defended or intercepted.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
It certainly was, 5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles had a little bit to do with the W today.

So did the 21 points our offense put on the board. This was a "TEAM" win.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

adamprez2003 said:
The defense will win every game for us. They are a top 3 defense. If we had an offense that was their equivalent we would go undefeated every year. 17-0 wouldnt be the record anymore. It would be 72-0. This defense wins every game argument is ridiculous. Every game the Ravens won has been because of their defense

True but we'll need someone better than Harrington to lead the offense. We don't need a world-beater Indy offense but we'll need a consistant one. Joey does not give us that. Period, end of story. End of debate. Everyone can go home, party favors are at the door.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

I just don't want to give a lot of credit to the offense when the defense consistantly has them on the opposition's side of the field. There were at least two times where we started inside NE territory and we couldn't amass a first down to get into field goal range. With the exception of the Marty Booker TD, this offense never really moved the ball.

dplunk said:
How exactly is this offense getting better? Joey is doing the same stuff he has been doing all year.

it's not.

these are just the same fanboys who were chirping about fiedler's record as our starter. clueless...

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

I'll give you that all day and night. To get more TEAM wins though we need less offensive mistakes that put us in posiiton to LOSE games, and that starts with the offensive line first, QB second. I think the Offensive Line is one LT away from being above average.

ckparrothead said:
What today showed me was that Joey fans don't get to complain about popped up interceptions anymore because he's certainly collecting on the bail-out TDs.
Harrington puts the ball in the WRs hands a split-second before the defender gets there and that's a bail-out TD? I give Marty all the credit in the world for getting loose in the first place and for hanging onto that ball but Harrington also spotted him and threw that back across his body while running hard the other way. That was a great throw as well as a great catch. It wasn't a pretty throw, but it was a great one.

adamprez2003 said:

The defense didn't win us the game against the NY Jets, NE Patriots (first game), Jacksonville or Green Bay...some have even mistakenly claimed they lost us the game against the Jags and Pack (they were team losses, in reality).

2413fanphins said:
I have been a joey basher since he came here.
I will continue to bash him until he puts together four good years to make up for the past four pathetic years.
If all you want you QB to do is manage games you will end up as an average team who makes the playoffs once in a while and never goes deep into them.
A qb is the most important position on the team. He HAS to be a playmaker. PERIOD.

Hurray for you joey you didn't throw an int today. Hurray for you joey you scrambled for a few yards today.
He played decent and thats fine and dandy. I don't hate him, I do bash him.
I have always maintained that he is a decent qb, we need a good to great qb. may or may not be daunte, it ISN"T joey.

18/30 190 and 1 TD. not a bad line. I will give him credit.

But anybody who watched the game can attribute most of this one to our once again REDICULOUSLY OUTSTANDING DEFENSE.

Shout out to donnie jones for planting NE inside there own five on what, three different occasions??!! awesome special teams work today boys.

Matt roth and JT and ZT were just straight flattening people today I couldnt' believe how well we played. NE just looked lost on offense.

I like the thread you started though, because as I have mentioned previously all it takes is a game where joey doesn't throw an int. Maybe throws a few passes away and doesn't get sacked, and the joey supporters are lining up to post on here.

How about the overthrows all day. How about how stupid that scramble/shovel pass was. that could have easily been a turnover.
As long as we keep overthrowing receivers and throwing away potential TD's or field goals. We are gonna be in trouble. Our defense can't play out of there mind every week.

you asked where the joey bashers were, and I am one of em.

I'm not being a **** and trying to fight with you or anybody, but joey hasn't sold me on a damn thing yet. He hasn't sold a lot of people.
A game or two where he doesn decent does nothing for me.
NO I'm not waiting on the next marino... there will never be one. But tell me joey is good til your blue in the face... he's not.

He's a good backup.
...four years? lol that's incredible.

FiN.in.RI said:
True but we'll need someone better than Harrington to lead the offense. We don't need a world-beater Indy offense but we'll need a consistant one. Joey does not give us that. Period, end of story. End of debate. Everyone can go home, party favors are at the door.

What do you consider consistant???...

We've won 5 of our last 6 games with Harrington. I'm not sure about anyone else here, but I think that's pretty consistant...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
What do you consider consistant???...

We've won 5 of our last 6 games with Harrington. I'm not sure about anyone else here, but I think that's pretty consistant...

PHINZ RULE!!!

But only 5 of our last 9 with Harrington.

Oh how some people do like to manipulate the truth, though...

ckparrothead said:
Assuming the defense stays as they are.

This is flawed thinking, IMO.

As good as this defense was today, they could have used the offense putting up some points against the likes of Jacksonville and Green Bay.

That kind of thinking is what gets you early playoff exits and Jay Fiedlers. The most dangerous enemy of 'great' is 'good'.

I am all for looking to improve the QB situation, in fact any position every offseason. I just dont think Daunte is going to be great. Just my opinion. As we've discussed I want us to draft Brian Brohm if hye's available but Daunte to me seems like a huge risk. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can live with Harrington. He is the the base of what I'll accept for QB. Its a fine line cause I couldnt stand Frerotte for the same basic argument you just made even though they had different flaws to their games. I can live with Joeys flaws but I couldnt live with Frerotte's. We'll see how things work out next season but at worst we have a game manager who hopefully keeps getting more consistent

ckparrothead said:
But only 5 of our last 9 with Harrington.

Oh how some people do like to manipulate the truth, though...

I'll take that over 1 out of 4 anyday.

Back
Top Bottom