Where does Hopkins go? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where does Hopkins go?

Hopkins used to be great. Used to be.

Not too many receivers on the wrong side of 30 come back to be great after 2 down years.

Jerry Rice
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Isaac Bruce
Steve Smith

to name a few.

Hopkins had a major injury for the first time in his career in 2021, then was suspended for Ostarine last year, and his production per game was right in line with his career when he returned.

He was arguably the best receiver in the league for about four years in a row before those two years happened.

I’m not saying he’s a lock for 1,400 yards and 100 receptions wherever he lands, but suggesting he’s washed at 31 might be a little premature.

I am extremely excited with the talent Miami has amassed this off season, and at this very moment, I do not fear any opponent if Miami and Tua are healthy, but if Hopkins goes to a few certain teams, it will bother me with how much better with that one signing the team got.

Chiefs
Bills
Jets
Bengals
Ravens
Eagles
49ers

Any of those 7 get Hopkins, that team will start to make me more nervous then any of the others, and in my opinion be the team to beat in 2023.

They are taking a $23 million dead cap hit to get rid of him. He must have knocked up a flock of nuns or something.

They'd rather pay him to leave than possibly help them win games.

They are tanking. And that is absolutely the right play for them. Their arrow was pointing straight down at the end of the season.

They now hold two premium tickets in the Marvin Harrison Jr. lottery.

Back
Top Bottom