Where is this "locker room riot" I kept reading about? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where is this "locker room riot" I kept reading about?

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
I keep reading that our players will revolt and there will be a locker room riot if we get rid of our LT.

Now we have traded him away and I want to know where all this upheaval is. Where's the beef?

I suspect the only locker room revolt is in the locker room of the lemmings who spouted this nonsense as gospel. Maybe they were referring to their minds as the locker room where this revolt was occurring.

In that case, they would be right.

I keep reading that our players will revolt and there will be a locker room riot if we get rid of our LT.

Now we have traded him away and I want to know where all this upheaval is. Where's the beef?

I suspect the only locker room revolt is in the locker room of the lemmings who spouted this nonsense as gospel. Maybe they were referring to their minds as the locker room where this revolt was occurring.

We have no idea what’s happening internally. I suspect there are plenty of players with strong opinions on the offseason moves. Just because it hasn’t leaked out doesn’t mean it’s not happening. If it is, then Flores will have to win back the team, which will go unnoticed this year anyway due to expectations being so low. Of course, there really aren’t many true vets left to complain, and those that are still there are certainly not guaranteed being there much longer.

We have no idea what’s happening internally. I suspect there are plenty of players with strong opinions on the offseason moves. Just because it hasn’t leaked out doesn’t mean it’s not happening. If it is, then Flores will have to win back the team, which will go unnoticed this year anyway due to expectations being so low. Of course, there really aren’t many true vets left to complain, and those that are still there are certainly not guaranteed being there much longer.

You make a valid point, but we all know of sports writers who would jump on a story with multiple players trashing Flo for that move.

Sports writer..."so how would you feel if Tunsil was traded"

Player A "We would hate to lose Leremy, he is a great player and one of our leaders"

Player B "Losing Leremy would be tough, he is a great guy to have on the team and a great player"

Player C "It is hard to lose anyone you workout with and play with"

Sports Writer "There will be a locker room revolt if the team were to trade Tunsil"

I've seen high school kids handle a player leaving his high school team better then what the writers assume these professionals will be able to handle. Every one of these players knows that the NFL is a business and as a result, things will happen. It is almost insulting to the players to think they would act this way.

Sports writer..."so how would you feel if Tunsil was traded"

Player A "We would hate to lose Leremy, he is a great player and one of our leaders"

Player B "Losing Leremy would be tough, he is a great guy to have on the team and a great player"

Player C "It is hard to lose anyone you workout with and play with"

Sports Writer "There will be a locker room revolt if the team were to trade Tunsil"

I've seen high school kids handle a player leaving his high school team better then what the writers assume these professionals will be able to handle. Every one of these players knows that the NFL is a business and as a result, things will happen. It is almost insulting to the players to think they would act this way.

I suspect this is very close to the truth!

Who is this directed at?

Who is this directed at?

Not aimed at any one in particular.

There were a lot of posts and comments about the "locker room rioting" that were made and even repeated by some in the media.

Since the trade has come to pass, I expected to see even more posting about the locker room rioting. I have not seen a thing about the "riot" that was going to occur, thus my comment (tongue in cheek) "where's the beef?".

The media these days is all about clicks to generate money and not necessarily about publishing the truth. If they can exaggerate and over dramatize something, they will. Since virtually nobody calls them on it what do they have to lose? It’s a win for them and a loss for us.

I'm sure Beasely based his little story on something a player actually said to him.

Hopefully it was Stills who is thankfully gone now.

If not, it says something about how notoriously bad the fins locker room has been for probably decades now.

Players need to listen to Flores' message.

The media are NOT their friends.

They need to control their egos and MOUTHS especially whenever they interact with our

endearing (aged) bunch of passive-aggressive, sabotage loving, local arse-clowns. ;)

We don’t see 99% of what happens in that building.

A locker room insurrection is not something that happens out in the open. It plays out in the performance on the field. That said, the players that are left suck, so it will be hard to distinguish locker room revolt from intentional tanking by the staff from the general lack of talent. That said, given the expected roster turnover over the next two years, Flores can survive a locker room revolt, because hardly anybody that played with Tunsil will still be here by the time Ross expects wins in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom